Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bradford v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Great to have both forwards score - and to have two goal scoring strikers in general. One home grown, the other has a touch of Yann about him.

Happy days. My only concern is if someone came in for bowyer. That’s the only difference between him and Curbs. Bowyer would be off to a bigger club I reckon

But anyway, great win and something is building here. Just sod off Roland.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Sage said:

cabbles said:

Great win. Tactically superb from Bowyer. Cullen looks very assured, Taylor class, holds the ball up well. Good defensively from the team when we under a bit of pressure in the 2nd half from 50 - 70 mins.

Aribo comfortable on the ball. Pleased Grant got a goal. Really not much else to say other than a great away day and win. Top marks all round

Only thing is we were a bit wasteful in the final third in the first half.

Roll on Plymouth

Thank you, again you people are too kind.
    I am sure he played a flat 4-4-2 and not a diamond?
    I watched on iFollow, was a diamond. Thought it was a flat 4-4-2 at the very start but they either changed very quickly or I got that wrong.
  • Options
    A typical bowyer team? That was the first time a bowyer team has EVER played Bradford
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Scoham said:
    Sounds just like the sort of team that wins promotion.

Good point Oggy Red.
    How many times have we said that to teams who are in the promotion hunt over the years?
    For once I don't mind being known as a "nasty, horrible, soft, cheating xx".
    Tippy tappy football and being nice and friendly and allowing the opposition to play all over you doesn't get you promotion.

HA HA glad to hear here it. You northern softy
  • Options
    Lee Bowyer is Millwall's Neil Harris
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2018

Scoham said:
    Given that we're the only team that Bowyer has managed, I think mark is lacking data points for his analysis.
    Perhaps he's referring to the teams Bowyer played in, but I don't see how we can be 'nasty' and 'soft' at the same time.

Bowyer has certainly instilled some bottle - and for the first time since 2012 we have a pair of strikers who can actually score. Taylor's goal, a fierce shot from the corner of the box, was a corker.

• Options
    Scoham said:

Redrobo said:

Sage said:

cabbles said:

Great win. Tactically superb from Bowyer. Cullen looks very assured, Taylor class, holds the ball up well. Good defensively from the team when we under a bit of pressure in the 2nd half from 50 - 70 mins.

Aribo comfortable on the ball. Pleased Grant got a goal. Really not much else to say other than a great away day and win. Top marks all round

Roll on Plymouth

I watched on iFollow, was a diamond. Thought it was a flat 4-4-2 at the very start but they either changed very quickly or I got that wrong.
    You are probably right. I was listening to commentary and they described it as a flat4.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Scoham said:

Redrobo said:

Sage said:

cabbles said:

Roll on Plymouth

You are probably right. I was listening to commentary and they described it as a flat4.
    Definitely a diamond

Cullen
    Reeves Aribo
    Ward
  • Options

Roland may be a wanker but he'll never stop me enjoying a weekend when Charlton win.
    About time we had strikers who can score and we have Fosu/Clarke to come back. Quality

Spot on, just how i feel !
  • Options

Scoham said:
    Good.... Get hold of that @markg80 you unemployed northern monkey. Now go home and watch 4 walls.
    I am an unemployed Northern monkey :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Report on the BBC site:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45456247

"Charlton spoiled new head coach David Hopkin's first home match in charge of Bradford with an impressive victory at Valley Parade.

To complete a miserable afternoon for the Bradford boss, both he and one of his assistants, Greg Abbott, were booked by referee Jeremy Simpson during a frantic second half as the Bantams tried in vain to force an equaliser.

It was Bradford's fourth defeat in a row - a result that sees them slip into the relegation zone.

Charlton went ahead in the third minute when the home defence failed to cut out Lewis Page's long ball into the inside channel for striker Karlan Ahearne-Grant to latch on to before slotting home a cool finish.

Bradford dominated the start of the second half and had a claim for a penalty when defender Jason Pearce appeared to pull back Ryan McGowan, but the referee turned down their appeals - a decision that led to Hopkin being booked for protesting.

However, Charlton put the result beyond doubt when Lyle Taylor doubled their advantage with a superb angled effort into the far corner."

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Attendance:

That's a very decent sized crowd for a League One fixture.

And it wasn't even their highest crowd for this season (18,000+ ).

Easy. Sensible pricing and cheap season tickets. We should try it.
  • Options

Scoham said:
    Good.... Get hold of that @markg80 you unemployed northern monkey. Now go home and watch 4 walls.
    How very dare you. Mark is Dean Emeritus at Bradford College for Norvern Brain Donors...
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Great to have both forwards score - and to have two goal scoring strikers in general. One home grown, the other has a touch of Yann about him.

Happy days. My only concern is if someone came in for bowyer. That’s the only difference between him and Curbs. Bowyer would be off to a bigger club I reckon

But anyway, great win and something is building here. Just sod off Roland.

Blimey of all the things to worry about, some other club coming in for Bowyer at the moment is the least of them.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Scoham said:
    I am an unemployed Northern monkey :-(
    You prob have a TV though...
  • Options
    Nasty, horrible? OK. Cheating bastards? But soft! Not now son.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

I can't believe how high we've climbed over the last few weeks. Top result

We were 7th after last weekend's game.

Watch Doncaster ..... just got a stonking 4-1 away win at previously unbeaten Walsall, to leap into the playoff positions (now 5th).
    Doncaster looking like the early darkhorses, they also apparently played Peterborough off the park at Posh and Boro were lucky to walk away with a point, the match stats from that game would suggest that also.

Fantastic win, very excited to watch the boys at Scunny and Walsall away, safe travels to everyone. COYA
  • Options
    At a festival so the match thread was a godsend. Thanks to all who contributed.