Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bradford v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Great result and finally a proper strike partnership. Just a touch worried about all these bookings piling up. Worst in the League?
  • Options

Cafc43v3r said:

Scoham said:
    Good.... Get hold of that @markg80 you unemployed northern monkey. Now go home and watch 4 walls.
    I am an unemployed Northern monkey :-(
    You prob have a TV though...
    5, and sky :open_mouth:
  • Options
    Also, how refreshing to see us not getting bullied out of games. Lee, Lee, Lee Bowyer!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Attendance:

That's a very decent sized crowd for a League One fixture.

And it wasn't even their highest crowd for this season (18,000+ ).

That's their average the last three seasons. Why you ask? Because of how they do their season tickets. All adult season tickets are £199 and U18 are £99.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Attendance:

Easy. Sensible pricing and cheap season tickets. We should try it.
    But IIRC their gate income is mid table L1 and worse than ours.
  • Options
    Enjoyable day in Bradford. Nice pubs always helps. Very good today. Bielik for Reeves and that after today you would pick week in week out. Onwards and upwards. Roland Out!!
  • Options

Great result and finally a proper strike partnership. Just a touch worried about all these bookings piling up. Worst in the League?

It's not that bad as 27 yellows are spread out between 16 players and 4 of those yellows are for Pratley
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Attendance:

That's their average the last three seasons. Why you ask? Because of how they do their season tickets. All adult season tickets are £199 and U18 are £99.
    And bigger crowds spend more money on catering, in the club shop, programmes, whatever.

It's win-win for Bradford at Valley Parade.*

*Except when they play Charlton of course :smile:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Pleased for the fans who have travelled, nothing better than them days when your up at the crack of dawn with only 300 odd and u see a win. Makes the time and money well spent and the train journey home fly past.

And it makes u forget all them other miserable away days.
  • Options
    From the away section I genuinely thought they’d got McCall back as manager. I was completely oblivious to the fact David Hopkin got the job.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Fumbluff said:

Were on our way
    Were On our way
    To The Championship
    Were on our way

How do we get there I dont know
    How do we get there I dont care

All I know is Charltons on the way

*we’re :smiley:
    Charlton’s. Or possibly Charlton’re seeing as it’s “we’re”.
  • Options
    Couldn’t go today, but I believe there is typically a very large gap between the attendance and the actual crowd at Bradford, bigger even than at Charlton. That’s not to say it doesn’t work for them, but the announced numbers are not representative.
  • Options

PWR. Wife was delighted that as soon as got in from a romantic meal on the seafront in and walk in Goa, I dashed to pull out my phone and get on the WiFi for match result. Wife felt I should have been more interested in talking to our daughter who is home alone. Priorities in order I checked the result and said hi to daughter, letting her know the result in the process.

Totally chuffed with the result. Sounds like winning the hard way as Curbs would call it. Bodies on the line, plenty of cards, but bringing 3 away points back to The Valley. Life is rosey in India. Big up to Lee & JJ. So happy for the travelling Addicks. A great day out Bradford over the years.

Goa is one of my favourite holiday destinations.
    Enjoy.
  • Options

Couldn’t go today, but I believe there is typically a very large gap between the attendance and the actual crowd at Bradford, bigger even than at Charlton. That’s not to say it doesn’t work for them, but the announced numbers are not representative.

I would say it was the emptiest I have seen it in the last few years. Impressive attendance none the less.
  • Options

I would say it was the emptiest I have seen it in the last few years. Impressive attendance none the less.
    As suggested by the fact they seem to have shut the away end?
  • Options

There weren't that many of us to make a dent in to their stand regardless. Much better view and nice to get a beer in the ground for a change.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2018

Looked about 60% full to me, but hard to tell. Oh and their season tickets are so cheap I nearly bought one, with the intention of going to about ten games. If they are included it won't be far off
  • Options

We sat where we sat today back in the Premier league, couldn't they sell it out then?
  • Options
    @RedChaser on the player marks you suggested that cullen could be our best midfielder since kinsella. Didn't you rate Parker, Jensen, Smertin or Murphy?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

We sat where we sat today back in the Premier league, couldn't they sell it out then?
    If they shut a stand then presumably not, but that’s not my recollection.
  • Options
    Decent away day! One thing I noticed was how Bradford fans stuck by the team. Was in a weird way, good to see all the stands join in creating an atmosphere.
  • Options
    That winning feeling... 😁 #cafc

• Options
    Nasty, horrible, soft, cheating bastards - apart from the soft bit - qualities much needed to get out of this division.
  • Options
    Lee Bowyer’s Red & White Army 🎶

A HUGE thank you to all those Addicks who cheered us on at @officialbantams this afternoon 👏

Get home safely and see you next weekend! #cafc

• Options
    Karlan

@karlangrant
    2h2 hours ago
    More
    +3 points away from home✅ and 3 wins on the bounce 🙌🏼✅ @CAFCofficial keep this form going 🔥