Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bradford v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Oakster said:

Great result - well done Lee Bowyer and the team. Roland can still do one though.

Really? I thought all was forgiven as we’ve now won 3 League 1 games in a row.

• Options
    Very pleased for Bow.
    He has very real 100% support from us, and the players know it.

Pleased for KAG, maybe he has found his form at last.

When Clarkie comes back we are going to be awesome.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Win the next two and we're up to 2 points per game - championship form. One can dream
  • Options
    How did Ward play? Always rated him. Out soon for a planned beer and curry. Happy days.
  • Options

I can't believe how high we've climbed over the last few weeks. Top result

We were 7th after last weekend's game.

Watch Doncaster ..... just got a stonking 4-1 away win at previously unbeaten Walsall, to leap into the playoff positions (now 5th).
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Great win. Tactically superb from Bowyer. Cullen looks very assured, Taylor class, holds the ball up well. Good defensively from the team when we under a bit of pressure in the 2nd half from 50 - 70 mins.

Aribo comfortable on the ball. Pleased Grant got a goal. Really not much else to say other than a great away day and win. Top marks all round

Only thing is we were a bit wasteful in the final third in the first half.

Roll on Plymouth

Thank you, again you people are too kind.
  • Options
    PS - forgot to give a mention to Pearce. Really got stuck in today I felt
  • Options
    When you think of Fosu and Clarke still to come back I honestly think if Lyle Taylor stays fit he can score 20 goals or more this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watched on iFollow in Riyadh but unfortunately with BBC Radio West Yorkshire commentary!

According to them, Bradford were the better team and we had two players called LapslEYE and Haribo playing for us! 😡

Great all round performance and looked very good on the counter-attack. Initially thought midfield was going to be a bit 'lightweight' but Cullen really bossed it. A little disappointed in Reeves, but then again I always am. Some of the possession and one touch stuff was a pleasure to watch.

Grant and Taylor up top really starting to look like a partnership that's gelling. Decision making in the first half at times a little off, but the longer they 'perform' together, the better their joint understanding will get.

Can't wait for my first game this season on 6th Oct!
  • Options
    I don't get to see them that often so I am really comparing against perception and expectation but today I thought we were excellent.

This team has bowyer running the middle of it, talented, determined and a little bit niggly. I love it.

As they say it isn't the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog. No chance of us getting bullied today, that hasn't always been the case.

2 outstanding finishes.

The only downside for me is that the front 2 became quite isolated in the second half as reeves and ward tiered.
  • Options

Great result. And all down to Roland appointing LB and letting him get the players he wanted.

I'd like to disagree, but it's true, even if Lee has a reduced budget.
  • Options
    Great result and a decent performance. We defended very well, though for rather longer than I'd have liked. Bauer was oustanding, I don't think he missed a header all afternoon - and there were a lot.
    Goals taken very well. Taylor in particular looked very assured. Ward looked ok but perhaps a little rusty.
  • Options
    Superb result, I get a weird satisfaction when the strikers score our goals, always feels better
  • Options
    If we continue winning 50%, drawing 25% and losing 25%, which is our pace for the season, we would finish 23-11-12, roughly. 80 points. That's an easy top 6 finish. Would have been 3rd to 6th every season this decade. Top 2 would require much, much more.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Great result and a decent performance. We defended very well, though for rather longer than I'd have liked. Bauer was oustanding, I don't think he missed a header all afternoon - and there were a lot.
    Goals taken very well. Taylor in particular looked very assured. Ward looked ok but perhaps a little rusty.

Yeah think just match fitness needed for Ward mate. That we’ve got Fosu to come back as well makes it all very encouraging

Think the back 4 picks itself at the mo, but will be interested to see how Bowyer rotates the midfield, some decent options now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pleased for cabbles. His first away win since Chesterfield. Absolutely buzzing with that win. All the players, management and fans can feel proud of themselves.
    Let's keep it going against the Pilgrims from Plymouth and then re-create the same atmosphere we had at Portsmouth last season up at Luton.
  • Options

If we continue winning 50%, drawing 25% and losing 25%, which is our pace for the season, we would finish 23-11-12, roughly. 80 points. That's an easy top 6 finish. Would have been 3rd to 6th every season this decade. Top 2 would require much, much more.

Top 2 requires roughly 2 points per game.
    If we beat Plymouth next Saturday we are pretty much on target.
  • Options

Attendance:

That's a very decent sized crowd for a League One fixture.

And it wasn't even their highest crowd for this season (18,000+ ).

• Options
    Sage said:

cabbles said:

Great win. Tactically superb from Bowyer. Cullen looks very assured, Taylor class, holds the ball up well. Good defensively from the team when we under a bit of pressure in the 2nd half from 50 - 70 mins.

Aribo comfortable on the ball. Pleased Grant got a goal. Really not much else to say other than a great away day and win. Top marks all round

Only thing is we were a bit wasteful in the final third in the first half.

Roll on Plymouth

Thank you, again you people are too kind.
    I am sure he played a flat 4-4-2 and not a diamond?
  • Options
    Excellent result.
  • Options
    Something's building. Like others have said don't see a stand out team and at the moment looks like 2 from 8 or so. In true curbs style someone has to go up why not us?

Only fear is Roland if he try's to sell anyone in January
  • Options
    Great win. Roland out.