Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Athletics Thread

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Really enjoyed those last 9 days of athletics. Lots of excitement from the falls near the line on the first night through to the relays on the last.

Stadium looked well attended, a bit of a pity about some of the organisation though. Seemed quite a few false starts due to the tech, the slip and injury on the mens long jump due to lack of plastesine and as for those buggies colliding with men's 200m chaps on board after a near miss the night before, words fail me. 

Stand out for me was Josh Kerr's 1500m gold with a notable mention to Ben Pattisons bronze in the 800m.

• Options
    Really pleased for Ben Pattison - winning bronze in the 800 metres from one of the fastest loser spots. 

Keeley Hodgkinson ran well for her 800 metre silver, but such is her reputation will be disappointed not to take the gold.

It seems by all accounts that the Hungarians put up a great show in Budapest with a super stadium and crowds to match.  So much better than the disaster of Doha and the lukewarm reception to the Eugene, Oregon games.

I note Seb Coe has admitted to being receptive to the Saudi's offer of cash - just hope their filthy lucre doesn't ruin everything in the future. 
  • Options
    That relay team from 1991 won in 2:57:53. This year's GB team posted 2:58:71 
  • Options
    That relay team from 1991 won in 2:57:53. This year's GB team posted 2:58:71 
    It didn't help not having the best individual runner (for whatever reason/still minor injury/injuries  despite performance in the individual 400)
  • Options
    rina said:
    That run from Bol could be the greatest anchor leg I've ever seen. Truly remarkable
    I give you Kris Akabusi: https://youtu.be/xkLSnPkqIrs?si=akNzq9yUQ3SZsWkP doing the individual champion when it’s not even your main event. 
    This was the only championship which Pettigrew, who he beat on that last leg, did not admit to doping at. He was stripped of or returned all his other global medals. Ended up killing himself a few years back