Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

World Cup 2018 - Betting thread

Comments

• Options
    You can let the 1st game run anyway and if belgium win lay off the belguim bets
  • Options
    cs1986 said:

Cash outs?

Can trade out on Betfair the finalists for better value.
  • Options

cs1986 said:

Cash outs?

Can trade out on Betfair the finalists for better value.
    I personally would look ay profit i could trade out for now anf start looking at would I put that bet on the outcomes I needed to happen. Also you have made money without a winning bet as of yet... or leave it and have fun with It!
  • Options

Feel a bit awkward about this one but just didn't think that we would get as far as we have and now struggling to decide what to do - currently holding positions having backed Belgium @ 14, Croatia @ 38 (both on Betfair) and a Belgium/Croatia Final @ 100/1. We are not talking life changing amounts but the returns would be meaningful to most people.

Which of these options would you now take:

(a) Let it run - "more important to potentially maximise the return and it would be so disappointing to trade out if it were a Belgium/Croatia Final"

(b) Trade out for a flat book so the return is the same whatever happens - "can happily sit and happily cheer England in the semi in the knowledge that it's a return - albeit one that is a big reduction on the original investment"

(c) Trade out so that England is the only winner in the win market and in the "nominate the finalists" market make England with Belgium and France the only winners on the book - "come on England, who cares about the money!"

I would lock in a flat book on the forecast bet and let the two singles ride.

• Options

Feel a bit awkward about this one but just didn't think that we would get as far as we have and now struggling to decide what to do - currently holding positions having backed Belgium @ 14, Croatia @ 38 (both on Betfair) and a Belgium/Croatia Final @ 100/1. We are not talking life changing amounts but the returns would be meaningful to most people.

Which of these options would you now take:

(a) Let it run - "more important to potentially maximise the return and it would be so disappointing to trade out if it were a Belgium/Croatia Final"

(b) Trade out for a flat book so the return is the same whatever happens - "can happily sit and happily cheer England in the semi in the knowledge that it's a return - albeit one that is a big reduction on the original investment"

(c) Trade out so that England is the only winner in the win market and in the "nominate the finalists" market make England with Belgium and France the only winners on the book - "come on England, who cares about the money!"

Having slept on it, I have elected to do none of the above and have backed Belgium again to win the WC.

The difficulty whenever you have your favourite team involved in a comp is to take the emotion out of any bet in that market - I should know 'cos I've blindly backed both the England football and cricket teams, Charlton and Kent over the years to no avail.

As I now believe that Belgium have the best chance to win the WC, they should not be winning me less than Croatia do. Equally, if Belgium do beat France then I can trade out some of my gains even before tomorrow's game. If they lose to France and Croatia win I still have the latter running for me. If England beat France then I can just sit back and cheer "it's coming home". And I will be happy to lose if that is the case.

We all know what's going to happen now - we will lose in the final to France!
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Bets for Semis, probably not winning but part of the fun..

Free bet, BTTS and Win, England & France £5 - returns £132.50
    Request a bet: England and france to both take a penalty in 90mins 20/1 £4 - returns £84
    Request- Greizeman + Kane to score in 90 mins, 10 +corners in each match and England/ France to qualify £3 - returns £123
    Belgium + England BTTS each game £2 - Return £68
    Griezeman/ Kane to score from outside the box, Maguire to score header £1 on - returns £1,001
  • Options

Request a bet: England and france to both take a penalty in 90mins 20/1 £4 - returns £84
    Request- Greizeman + Kane to score in 90 mins, 10 +corners in each match and England/ France to qualify £3 - returns £123
    Griezeman/ Kane to score from outside the box, Maguire to score header £1 on - returns £1,001

33/1 on Belgium and England games btts??
  • Options
    cs1986 said:

Guess its Win + BTTS
  • Options
    cs1986 said:

free bet is BTTS and France / England win
    Other one is Belgium + England BTTS and win
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    still haven't won a single bet this world cup... Gone belgium to score 3 and 7+ corners 50-1.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2018
  • Options
    Unlucky Bob.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Unlucky Bob.

Of course I mean @Addick Addict
  • Options

still haven't won a single bet this world cup... Gone belgium to score 3 and 7+ corners 50-1.

Not surprised your potless with that level of forecasting !
  • Options

Not surprised your potless with that level of forecasting !
    i'm still tilted from Messi missing that pen early on in the tourney costing me a few hundred quid! Genuinely won't even aknowlege him as the GOAT in the pub ever since lol

That bet pretty much set the tone of my world cup though...
  • Options
    Mbappe to score and France to win 11/4.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    So, I have Croatia in a sweepstake and am looking at 320 quid if they win it on Sunday.

What's the best way to bet on France to make sure I end up with some profit?
  • Options
    France to lift trophy but will probably be 4/7 or something close
  • Options
    France to lift the trophy is 4/9 in most places. So you’d need to stick on £220 to get £320 back

Up to you if it’s worth locking in a ton.

Depends also on how much the sweepstake was to enter and if there is a return for losing finalist.
  • Options

France to lift the trophy is 4/9 in most places. So you’d need to stick on £220 to get £320 back

Depends also on how much the sweepstake was to enter and if there is a return for losing finalist.

It was only a tenner, winner takes all.

So sticking 220 on would ensure I get back 100, seems a sensible option to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It was only a tenner, winner takes all.

So sticking 220 on would ensure I get back 100, seems a sensible option to me.
    Or gutted when Croatia win ;-(
  • Options
    Any chance bet365 can give me my free in play bet
  • Options
    France win and BTTS
    Goal in both halves
    France winning at half time
    Over 8.5 corners
    20/1

.....and it's been exactly 8 corners for 20 minutes.

Bastard.
  • Options
    Had France to score 2+, 2 match bookings, peresic pogba and giroud 1 shot on target each 30-1 ...It's my own fault what was I thinking with giroud!
  • Options

Mbappe to score and France to win 11/4.

Hope a few of you got on this.
  • Options

France win and BTTS
    Goal in both halves
    France winning at half time
    Over 8.5 corners
    20/1

.....and it's been exactly 8 corners for 20 minutes.

Bastard.

And Croatia should of had another corner
  • Options
    Anyone know who the top 4 were for golden boot each ways? There were a few on 4!
  • Options

Anyone know who the top 4 were for golden boot each ways? There were a few on 4!

• Options
    Lukaku
    Griezmann
    Mbappe
    Cheryshev
    Ronaldo

All on 4. Guessing it comes down to assists.
  • Options

Lukaku
    Griezmann
    Mbappe
    Cheryshev
    Ronaldo

All on 4. Guessing it comes down to assists.

Bookies will halve the odds for each player on 4 for each way bets. I had lukaku