Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

World Cup 2018 - Betting thread

Comments

• Options
    Sage said:

Well I am an idiot, fucking cashed out on my accumulator when Boateng got sent off, all I needed was a Germany win and England tomorrow for £160.

Never back against the Germans.
  • Options
    Currently have 8/1 on Colombia, Egypt, Spain and Portugal. Colombia were my risk there so hopefully that comes in. Saudis just missed a penalty too.
  • Options
    I had Uruguay, Egypt, Portugal and Spain but cashed it out for a tiny profit when I saw the HT stats in the Egypt game. Have put that back on Portugal and Spain.
  • Options
    Come on Spain and Portugal...

• Options

Great shout on Saudi
    Bet you thought it was over going into injurytime
  • Options

Great shout on Saudi
    Had to take a phone call with 5 minutes left so completely missed the goal but had already resigned myself to a loser...
  • Options

Great shout on Saudi
    Had to take a phone call with 5 minutes left so completely missed the goal but had already resigned myself to a loser...
    I called Uruguay beforehand but never expected a Saudi win
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    It's always the odds on ones that ruin it (so fully expecting a draw for Spain or Portugal) but those three were "bankers" for me so almost 40/1 on Saudi to win seemed like a good bet to me.
  • Options
    I need Spain,Portugal and then Germany wins for a tenfold to come in- 3 quid at 53-1

have a seperate one with same teams but added Brazil and Columbia for 88-1 only 2 quid on that one though.
  • Options
    Cashed out on Egypt before the late winner. Got £8 instead of what should have been, £38 had they won.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I had a cheeky in-play on the spain morrocco game, spain to win btts 4 corners+ each 3 cards each 100-1 didn't think much of it at the time but it's starting to look a bit interesting now especially with all these tasty tackles
  • Options

It's always the odds on ones that ruin it (so fully expecting a draw for Spain or Portugal) but those three were "bankers" for me so almost 40/1 on Saudi to win seemed like a good bet to me.

Or both
  • Options
    That went well.
  • Options
    Iceland and Argentina to both win 4/1.
  • Options
    Nigeria at 5/1 looks tempting to me given how cack Argentina have been so far. Might at least be a decent cash out opportunity.
  • Options
    Thought a mate might as well have thrown his tenner in the bin...

• Options
    I've gone the other way Callum, think we will see a classic Brazil performance, particularly after they have looked at what happened to Germany and nearly Argentina too - I'm going Neymar, Coutinho and Jesus all to score, 3 match bookings including Kolarov, and 7+ match corners 50-1 a whopping £3 stake lol
  • Options

Thought a mate might as well have thrown his tenner in the bin...

Hope he cashed the 2nd bet out
  • Options
    No idea, I can ask. Shame because Mitrovic has had a couple of decent chances.
  • Options
    Any one here laying experts? Have a fiver on each team to score over 1.5 goals in the tournament. Only Panama and Tunisia left to go with one goal each needed. Bet returns 505.

Poland are 1.3 to score at least one goal tomorrow and Panama 1.4.

Is there a good way to guarantee a good profit here?

No cash out being offered..

Cheers
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2018
    You could back a Tunisia clean sheet and a Japan clean sheet to hedge your bet, I think.
  • Options

You could back a Tunisia clean sheet and a Japan clean sheet to hedge your bet, I think.

Japan Clean Sheet 9/4
    Tunisia Clean Sheet 7/4
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    If you back the Tunisia Clean Sheet with £180 at 7/4 and then back the Japan Clean Sheet with £150 at 9/4, you can guarantee yourself a minimum of £150 no matter the result. The added benefit would be that if both teams kept a clean sheet, you'd be looking at about £650 return from winning both clean sheet bets but losing your original fiver.

Might be worth checking my workings before bunging that much money on it though.
  • Options

If you back the Tunisia Clean Sheet with £180 at 7/4 and then back the Japan Clean Sheet with £150 at 9/4, you can guarantee yourself a minimum of £150 no matter the result. The added benefit would be that if both teams kept a clean sheet, you'd be looking at about £650 return from winning both clean sheet bets but losing your original fiver.

Might be worth checking my workings before bunging that much money on it though.

Cheers for that, I'll have a look. After tonight's Costa rica match I've not got the nerve for another 2 games, costa rica awarded penalty around the 89th minute, cancelled out by VAR. Second penalty awarded a minute later which hit the bar and went in off the keeper.
  • Options
    Davinson Sanchez 11/1 to be carded seems a good value bet
  • Options
    Mike said:

Davinson Sanchez 11/1 to be carded seems a good value bet

Why
  • Options
    Gone for small 3fold seemed a bit of value 35/1
    Draws: Japan/Poland , Senagal/Columbia & England/Belgium
  • Options

Japan Clean Sheet 9/4
    Tunisia Clean Sheet 7/4
    Get off this thread Paulie, i am your personal CL counselor. I think anytime you mention betting on here or odds you put £1 in a jar. Come Christmas or even my birthday (august) we can go get pissed :wink:
  • Options

Japan Clean Sheet 9/4
    Tunisia Clean Sheet 7/4
    Get off this thread Paulie, i am your personal CL counselor. I think anytime you mention betting on here or odds you put £1 in a jar. Come Christmas or even my birthday (august) we can go get pissed :wink:
    Who needs a birthday or christmas, i am up for this anytime
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Japan Clean Sheet 9/4
    Tunisia Clean Sheet 7/4
    Who needs a birthday or christmas, i am up for this anytime
    True but you need to get the funds to pay for us both :) haha will do sometime , need a massive detox last 2/3 months been so busy and drinking. Well chuck a bit of snooker in too for good measure.