Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

World Cup 2018 - Betting thread

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2018

Of course the draw helps. I've seen 6/4 about on England to make the final which is joint shortest odds with Brazil.

If we do make the final I'd imagine we'd be in that 7/2 range to win in 90 minutes while being 2/1 or 9/4 ish to lift the trophy.

I'd say about 6/4 or 8/5 for the lift trophy if we meet Brazil (guesstimate). On my league ratings (trade the outright), currently have Brazil as essentially half a goal better than us. Which would see them about evens or a tad over and then minus any over-round.
    My take would be very similar, just slightly bigger England.

4/9 Brazil 7/4 England to lift the trophy - 90 mins 5/6 Brazil, 15/4 England, 9/4 Draw

Over-round built in.
  • Options
    There we go. I shall defer to the experts (one day I hope I'll be in a similar boat). :-)
  • Options
    Don't listen to Bob, Callum

he works in HR.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Of course the draw helps. I've seen 6/4 about on England to make the final which is joint shortest odds with Brazil.

If we do make the final I'd imagine we'd be in that 7/2 range to win in 90 minutes while being 2/1 or 9/4 ish to lift the trophy.

I'd say about 6/4 or 8/5 for the lift trophy if we meet Brazil (guesstimate). On my league ratings (trade the outright), currently have Brazil as essentially half a goal better than us. Which would see them about evens or a tad over and then minus any over-round.

4/9 Brazil 7/4 England to lift the trophy - 90 mins 5/6 Brazil, 15/4 England, 9/4 Draw

Over-round built in.
    Copied my tissue there haven't you..

:- )
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Don't listen to Bob, Callum

he works in HR.

Rubbish!

31% of people (like me) have the maths and probability expertise to compile odds and 74% of people don't!
  • Options

bobmunro said:

Over-round built in.
    Copied my tissue there haven't you..

:- )
    How very dare you!!
  • Options
    Belgium at 14/5 seem like a good bet - play well and they have every chance. Neymar's got to watch his step, being on a yellow. I think this is evenly matched, so the odds are attractive.
  • Options
    I agree, if they click I think the Belgians have more quality than Brazil. I like their chances tonight.
  • Options
    Got another Bet365 free one tomorrow. Really have no idea what to put this one on. Think it'll be turgid and attritional with Sweden looking to score on the counter and us failing to break them down. But then again we might be 2-0 up after twenty minutes.

• Options
    Sweden currently 21/5 to win on betvictor
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:

Sweden currently 21/5 to win on betvictor

I've never given out a flag before but you are walking a fine line @shine166...!!!! ;)
  • Options
    Had a France / England double at 3s, so waiting now for England to abuse that up (like they did in the 92nd min on Tues)
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Stones 1-0 81/1
  • Options
    Gone with Modric and Mandzukic 2 shots on target each in the 90 mins @ 66-1 - i'm thinking the Russian keeper will be a busy boy tonight
  • Options
    Would you be able to cash out on something like that, what a bet that is!
  • Options
    Cash out not available on those markets
  • Options
    does anyone know how to work out what the odds are for just the three that have already come in?
  • Options

does anyone know how to work out what the odds are for just the three that have already come in?

Using an online bet calculator
    £1 would return £4,845
  • Options

15 x 17 x 19 = 4845
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Perisic off. Sad times
  • Options
    well that's the end of that bet then how gutting for the guy.
  • Options
    Why’s he been dragged? He’s one of their best players
  • Options
    Should've done Cheryshev instead of Perisic!
  • Options

Gone with Modric and Mandzukic 2 shots on target each in the 90 mins @ 66-1 - i'm thinking the Russian keeper will be a busy boy tonight

Did that come in?
  • Options

Did that come in?
    Croatia only had 3 shots on target in the 120 minutes
  • Options

Did that come in?
    Neither had a single shot on target lol thinking about betting the same thing again for Wednesday just to be safe!
  • Options
    Feel a bit awkward about this one but just didn't think that we would get as far as we have and now struggling to decide what to do - currently holding positions having backed Belgium @ 14, Croatia @ 38 (both on Betfair) and a Belgium/Croatia Final @ 100/1. We are not talking life changing amounts but the returns would be meaningful to most people.

Which of these options would you now take:

(a) Let it run - "more important to potentially maximise the return and it would be so disappointing to trade out if it were a Belgium/Croatia Final"

(b) Trade out for a flat book so the return is the same whatever happens - "can happily sit and happily cheer England in the semi in the knowledge that it's a return - albeit one that is a big reduction on the original investment"

(c) Trade out so that England is the only winner in the win market and in the "nominate the finalists" market make England with Belgium and France the only winners on the book - "come on England, who cares about the money!"
  • Options
    Let it run.
    If England win it will lessen the financial blow.
  • Options
    Cash outs?