Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Royal Wedding Thread

Comments

• Options

I could listen to the cello all day

Loved the performance of Ave Maria
  • Options

Must go and do a proper sightseeing visit to Windsor!

Yes! Never been there.
  • Options
    ITV Coverage like that of the old BBC - informative, measured, professional. BBC Coverage like some dogshit Channel 5 reality TV programme. I think Perfect Curve might have been behind the planning.
  • Options
    What time is the reception on and on what channel?
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Windsor looking magnificent. Great advert for Britain. Makes me proud to be British

And not a homeless person in sight. #proud
    and no one stabbing each other, or shooting up, or killing their spouse...so whats your point?
  • Options
    Pimms, presecco and now peroni. Super.! If only that fuckwit Dermot wasn't fronting the coverage.
  • Options

Must go and do a proper sightseeing visit to Windsor!

Yes! Never been there.
    Pubs are brilliant in Windsor, especially in the winter when they all have roaring fireplaces and lovely local ales.
  • Options
    Is it over yet? Can I put the TV on?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

Not a royalist by any stretch of the imagination but that was fantastic and showcased the fantastic, modern, country that Britain is. We should spend more time celebrating that and less arguing amongst ourselves.

Yes, but we're British.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Not a royalist by any stretch of the imagination but that was fantastic and showcased the fantastic, modern, country that Britain is. We should spend more time celebrating that and less arguing amongst ourselves.

A few of us have been saying this on every Royal thread on here for the last god knows how long
  • Options

Absolutely fabulous (bar the American preacher and what sounded like red indians outside the chapel.

Great Britain at its pomp, ceremonial best in the sunshine.

Greatest country in the world and why what looked like a million people graced the streets to wave their flags

Rule Brittania

here here smudge
  • Options

se9addick said:

A few of us have been saying this on every Royal thread on here for the last god knows how long
    You've been saying that the Royals showcase "the fantastic, modern, country that Britain is"?

Today was the first time I've ever felt that way about them really.

Weather helped massively, this country (and London specifically) in the summertime is the best place on Earth.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

You've been saying that the Royals showcase "the fantastic, modern, country that Britain is"?

Weather helped massively, this country (and London specifically) in the summertime is the best place on Earth.
    Yes, no just me though
  • Options

Enjoyed that and had involuntary tears at various points. Will be a basket case when my daughters get married!

i found myself wondering the same what will i be like when any of my 3 get wed
  • Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

I think you need to get your passport out and travel a little more widely! :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some random thoughts.
    God knows what would've happened if it had rained but the weather has been splendid.
    Apart from Major I didn't see many politicians.
    The packaging generated this morning by everybody wearing brand new shirts and socks and keks must've been awesome.
    I didn't see much mobile phone usage or hear one go off.
    I thought Meghans mum looked a bit lonely at times and wished she had a mate with her.
    The collective bladder control of everybody was impressive.
    A lot of the hats would have been useless in the rain, but on the up side most of them could be angled to give a bit of shade.
    The age group from about 8 to 17 looked underrepresented.
    The two familiar hymns were lovely and especially nice that local boy, and would've been Addick, Thomas Tallis, was featured in the music.
    We also had another Charlton connection when the splendid equine creatures went away, it was Goodbye Horse.
  • Options

Absolutely fabulous (bar the American preacher and what sounded like red indians outside the chapel.

Greatest country in the world and why what looked like a million people graced the streets to wave their flags

Rule Brittania

I'm not a Royalist, atlhough I have nothing against the members of the Royal family, and I hugely respect the Queen.

But on this you have my complete agreement.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Uboat said:

Windsor looking magnificent. Great advert for Britain. Makes me proud to be British

And not a homeless person in sight.#proudick

• Options

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

I think you need to get your passport out and travel a little more widely! :-)
    If you knew me you'd know my passport is very well used mate, I feel my point still stands.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

Uboat said:

And not a homeless person in sight.#proudick

Got it wrong first time? Good effort though.
  • Options

Rule Brittania

Good that the foreigners didn't totally ruin it for you.
  • Options

Good to see the Royal family become more multicultural and relevant to the modern age and also enjoyed the fact there were no politicians there.

John Major was there.
  • Options

Good to see the Royal family become more multicultural and relevant to the modern age and also enjoyed the fact there were no politicians there.

John Major was there.
    Meant current politicians as well as other heads of state. Did notice Major there but enjoyed the fact it was a lot less formal to reflect a more modern age.