Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Funniest reason for being kicked out of somewhere

Comments

• edited May 2018

When I was a young and impressionable first year at uni I went on the first of many big nights out with the guys from the cricket club.

We'd been drinking for a while before we decides to head to Venue - the nightclub on campus. On the way over a third year student (who I later learned was absolutely mental - known as Dopey because of how much of the stuff he smoked) told me he knew how we could get in for free. I assumed he knew the guy who worked on the door or something so I stuck with him keen to avoid the £5 entry. Before I knew it we were in the bushes behind the smoking area and he was sliding one of the wooden fence panels up out of its concrete posts so we could all crawl underneath! About 5 of us got in that way. We quickly dispersed and thought we'd got away with it. I tried to lose Dopey but he stuck with me. Before we got to the bar the 2 of us were grabbed and chucked out. We were only identified because Dopey had decided wearing shorts on a night out in October was a great idea and they'd spotted his knees as he climbed in. I was guilty by association.

And that's how I was banned from my unis nightclub on my second ever visit there in freshers week firat year.

I went back the next day and they let me off with a 3 week ban.

Also chucked out of the queue for that place before getting in for downing my drink rather than putting it in the bin.

And another occasion for calling the bouncer a cow (she was) when she wouldnt let my mate in because he was too drunk.
    If it's the main bouncer who has worked there for years, she was a cow, I agree.

I managed to not get chucked out of the Venue once somehow when an absolutely paraletic mate sat on the sofas (when it had them) and threw up in his own lap - managed to convince the bouncers someone had walked over, threw up on him and walked off.
    Yeah that's her. Everyone called her a cow except not to her face
  • Got thrown out of my mums house for giving my sisters boyfriend later to be husband a good hiding on the doorstep. They came home arguing and woke my mum up around midnight mum called down and told them to keep it down, his reply. "Shut up you old slag" I launched myself at him and was beating the crap out him when I was smashed over the head with what turned out to be a tea tray. It was my mum, she told me to get out of the house. Threw me out for the last time I never went home again after that, she still had that tray when died and it's now here at home.
  • edited May 2018
    holyjo said:

I got thrown out of the Phoenix club at Oxford Circus for firing a replica gun ( A real gun firing blanks) in the toilet . Its a long story but involved a gay fella there trying to accost me the previous week........ my mate got three months in a YOI for bringing the gun into the pub in the first place. It seems incredible now , but I was only 17 when it happened

Brian Potter must've been livid.
  • T_C_E said:

Got thrown out of my mums house for giving my sisters boyfriend later to be husband a good hiding on the doorstep. They came home arguing and woke my mum up around midnight mum called down and told them to keep it down, his reply. "Shut up you old slag" I launched myself at him and was beating the crap out him when I was smashed over the head with what turned out to be a tea tray. It was my mum, she told me to get out of the house. Threw me out for the last time I never went home again after that, she still had that tray when died and it's now here at home.

Has it got a dent the same shape as your head in it?
  • Pouring my own pints when the bar staff were turned the other way in Lennon's, Southampton.
  • Sponsored links:

• RedPanda said:

Pouring my own pints when the bar staff were turned the other way in Lennon's, Southampton.

At least they served instant karma by throwing you out.
  • CAFCsayer said:

CAFCsayer said:

MarkyE83 said:

CAFCsayer said:

Shagging in the pool in the middle of a busy nightclub in Aiya Napa... Classy lad don't you know

Reggae Reggae? The filth in that place.

River Reggae indeed... What a place
    @CAFCsayer completely off topic were you at Shrewsbury game Thursday? Just clocked your profile picture and think I was stood/ sat next to you if you were maybe?
    Was indeed... North upper, purple retro cafc shirt
    Ah maybe not mate, unless you had a maroon body warmer over it and were waving a scarf. You obviously have a doppelganger :-)
  • RedPanda said:

Pouring my own pints when the bar staff were turned the other way in Lennon's, Southampton.

Used to love Lennons! Don't know if it's still going!
  • Curb_It said:

I was trying to get in the Jokers night club in Lanzagrots back in the 80’s. The bouncer wouldn’t let me in as too drunk. I spent five minutes arguing with him but he was having none of it. Not sure I blame him, I was lying flat out on my back on the pavement having a rest whilst arguing my case.

At least you weren't 'breathalysed'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBOw9nU1csQ
  • CAFCsayer said:

CAFCsayer said:

MarkyE83 said:

CAFCsayer said:

Shagging in the pool in the middle of a busy nightclub in Aiya Napa... Classy lad don't you know

Reggae Reggae? The filth in that place.

River Reggae indeed... What a place
    @CAFCsayer completely off topic were you at Shrewsbury game Thursday? Just clocked your profile picture and think I was stood/ sat next to you if you were maybe?
    Was indeed... North upper, purple retro cafc shirt
    Ah maybe not mate, unless you had a maroon body warmer over it and were waving a scarf. You obviously have a doppelganger :-)
    Lucky fella
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2018
    holyjo said:

holyjo said:

I got thrown out of the Phoenix pub at Oxford Circus for firing a replica gun ( A real gun firing blanks) in the toilet . Its a long story but involved a gay fella there trying to accost me the previous week........ my mate got three months in a YOI for bringing the gun into the pub in the first place. It seems incredible now , but I was only 17 when it happened

I think i (and everyone else) need to hear the long story please. And whilst your mate got done for bringing it into the pub, what happened to you for taking it, firing it, and presumably scaring the shit out of an entire pub?
    Righteo here goes ……..

I’d left home in 1984 aged 16. I’d grown up in care, children’s homes and foster homes (after my dad was imprisoned and my mum was ill with alcoholism) and decided that I was old enough to go into the big wide world. I moved in with a mate I was working with to a bedsit in Forest Gate in Essex Road. I used to go to the Earl of Essex pub on a Sunday where I remember the strippers, most particularly a young lady with a snake and some whipped cream who used to go around with a glass afterwards collecting change.

Heady days for a 16 year old

When the flat in Forest Gate fell through, or as the landlord called it evicted for non payment of rent, and after a few weeks of sofa surfing I ended up moving to a bedsit in Haringey. I was working for Peter Lord Shoes in the West End just around the corner from the Phoenix Pub behind Oxford Circus, and we would drink there four or five nights a week.

I shared the bedsit with a very lively fella called Angus who was an Arsenal fan. He used to get himself and me in awful lots of trouble.

On one particular occasion while drinking Phoenix (and for those of you who don’t know it there is a downstairs club ), I was asked by one of the bar staff whether I would be prepared to work in a club night downstairs that Friday. I’ve never done any bar work but was game for it and that particular Friday headed down and worked behind the bar. I don’t ever recall being told that the club night was a Gay night. I wasn’t particular familiar ( IE Had no experience of it whatsoever) with the gay scene either then or now and to say it was a bit of a surprise to me that night would be somewhat of an under estimation.

It was a full on gay night in the mid 80’s with all sorts of debauchery, semi nakedness and goodness knows what going on. The main thing I remember about the night was the kiwi bar manager who seemed to be spending more time with me than serving and who appeared to be taking a shine to me, something which I did not like at all. Anyway at the end of the night I was told that cabs would be organised and this Kiwi fella and I would be travelling together dropping him off and taking me to Haringey. I should have been a bit more worldly wise to this but found myself sitting in an all-night café in Chelsea with this chap saying that my cab back to Haringey wouldn’t be long.

He spent the next hour persuading me that the cab was clearly not coming and I ought to go back and stay at his place, something which I was neither keen nor prepared to do. Frankly I was terrified but when he went for a jimmy I made a bolt for it and I ran down the Fulham High Road, into a taxi office where I told a big burly black fella that I was being chased by a gay man and said black fella stepped in and dealt with the situation and very kindly got me back to Haringey without any money for the cab fare.

When I arrived back at the bedsit and regaled my young friend of the story he decided that we needed to wreak revenge. He had a brother who was, so I was led to believe, in the Gooners called pint One Pint Bob based upon what he could fit fully into a pint.Im not going into that. Through Bob we were able to get a starting pistol or replica gun. Our plan was to go into the Phoenix confront the New Zealand bar manager frighten him senseless, pull the trigger and do the offski.

About three weeks later we turned up we turned up at Oxford Circus. I think we drove there in a small red car that my buddy has stolen a few weeks before.There was a full Gay club night and it was busy. We went in , had a look around and unfortunately it became clear the New Zealand bar manager was not working and we’d been told he had returned to New Zealand. We’d worked ourselves up into such a state that instead of walking out calmly we foolishly contrived a situation of confrontation in the gents toilet where I pulled the gun and fired it. I can not remember much aside from feeling terrified before during and after the incident. The gun echoed and reverberated like something I’d never heard and all hell broke loose. People were running out of the club fighting each other on the stairs and my mate Angus and I were trying to make it out too, but the bar staff and bar were being shouted at by people saying ‘it was them, it was them’. Eventually we get to the door where we were thrown out, (the gun in the meantime was dropped in the club) only to be confronted by a group of muscle Mary’s.

My mate an I took a look at each other and he said let’s make a bolt for it. We ran towards Oxford Circus being chased but the group but somewhere in the chase we got separated. I could caught and somewhere behind Regent Street took a pasting , largely from a metal dustbin lid. My mate was caught some minutes later and the group who caught him rang the police and they made a citizen’s arrest on him.

I made it back to Oakfield Road N4 where we lived but my buddy didn’t turn up to mid morning. He had a significant record ( much worse than mine) and was subsequently after pleading was sentenced to 3 months in a YOI in Kent where I visited him. For the life of me I cant remember the name of it but it was 1984/85 and I don’t think It is there now. I know it was around this time as we had been to David O’ Leary’s testimonial against Celtic in the same time period , another mad night

This was a rather crazy period of my life and the friend that I lived with and I got in a hell of a lot of trouble with other notable stories …..

I did a lot of learning during this period. I was a mixed up kid who had grown up in care, vulnerable and living on my own with no support from anyone. There were lots of other crazy things that happened during this period, many of which I am ashamed of, not unlike the story I have just shared. I consider myself lucky to have survived the madness. My brother and sister who also grew up in care were not so lucky.

Anyways 30 years on , I have been married 26 years , have 3 great kids , and a fantastic career , culminating in being a CEO for the last 20 years, much of which involves working with troubled young people. I may have been a total twat at 17 but I think I have had a good crack at turning it all around.
    Wow!
    Great story mate, its a rights of passage to be a total twat at 17. Many are.

Well done for spinning your life 180 though.*

*Claps Hands.
  • Great story holyjo.
  • Great post holyjo.
    And congratulations for where you are now.
  • Great story, thanks for taking the time to explain it, and well done for where you've got to in life now.
  • edited May 2018
    Cracking story @holyjo