Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Richard Murray

Comments

• Options
    Yes he did good things back then, but supported a regime that tried to finish us off.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

If I was there I would have booed him.

Me too
  • Options
    I didn't boo him , i was so shocked that he had the cheek to show his face it was almost a 2 fingered salute to the charlton fans, poor judgement again from Mr Murray, but hey, its a message board thing eh?
  • Options
    Think he has made some very poor choices that started when he appointed Dowie . His support of the current regime knowing the damage done to the club by these people and Sir Chris who had the best interests of the club
  • Options
    In answer to the OP’s question - join his friend at Sheffield Wednesday.
  • Options
    He has neither said or done anything during the RD era to show that he has the best interests of the club at heart. Also he has distanced himself from the fans in order to look after his own arse.

He must play no future role at the club under new owners.
  • Options

sad? I booed and I was disappointed more didn't and was surprised that most clapped. He is as much a persona non grata as RD is. He can't ever recover from the events of the RD years. He is as much the problem as RD is and KM was. Hope RD takes him with him when he goes.

Totally agree, he is as bad as them and would have overseen Charlton continuing to drop through the leagues without saying a word as he has done over the past 4 years.

Remember "it's just a message board thing'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wasn't in the ground by then so missed it,

Not sure who else would/could have presented it though, wasn't going to be RD by video conference, suspect Bowyer et all had other things going on at 2:40, one of the ticket office or media team, Chris Parkes? He is still exec chairman or whatever the title is.

Don't think I'd have personally boo'd him as he was presenting to the legend that is JJ, nor probably Daisy had it of been her if she was still here, not because I thought she was doing a great job but it was a presentation to thank the best person at Charlton right now for 8 years dedicated service (Ok Sir Bowyer is holding his own at the moment :wink: )

I suspect that's why more people didn't boo, just weren't really bothered who was presenting it.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

How did RM make his dough? Was he the one who owned the printing firm, or was that Roger Alwyn, or was it noone?

tv production iirc.
    Had a company called Celador which produced Who wants to be a Millionare amongst other things.
    That show alone and the worldwide rights, made him a very wealthy man.
  • Options
    Takes a lot for a Charlton crowd to boo individuals, particularly the crowd that are in their seats 20+ mins before a game.

So I was very surprised by the level of widespread jeering that he received.
  • Options

Whenever Richard Murray is discussed I always feel that he presided over the fans investments in CAFC shares being wiped out whilst he continued to protect his own investment. Feels rather shoddy to me.

Forgot about this. I would be very pissed off as well if I had lost shares and there is Murray protecting his investment with multiple takeovers. Time to walk away.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    ct_addick said:

Whenever Richard Murray is discussed I always feel that he presided over the fans investments in CAFC shares being wiped out whilst he continued to protect his own investment. Feels rather shoddy to me.

Forgot about this. I would be very pissed off as well if I had lost shares and there is Murray protecting his investment with multiple takeovers. Time to walk away.
    Murray wasn’t protecting his investment. He and others lost what they had put in before 2009, which is vastly more than the outstanding loans from that final period.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I find it impossible to dislike him......and yet I admit that I ‘have’ become indifferent to him nowadays.
    I never understood his falling out with Peter Varney, who he once (at a Bromley Addicks meeting), described as the best person in any capacity that he had ever worked alongside in his business career.
    Just what went wrong to have caused him to turn on Varney and I wonder what the tight lipped ex CEO thinks of his former boss.....is the animosity reciprocated I wonder?
  • Options

It’s not just his cheerleading for RD. His support for the spivs and participation in their spiteful treatment of Varney and Kavanagh was despicable, IMO. But the good work he did from 1991 until the early 2000s does have to be weighed in the balance.

yeah totally agree with this post. He has completely tainted his reputation but I can't personally put him in the same league as RD/KM. Perhaps I might if I had lost money too, but I will always remember Murray for providing the Premier League success which I grew up with.
  • Options
    Our Tone could have done the presentation, I can't think of anyone who has worked so hard building up club/supporter relations despite holding down such a high profile job such as his.
    Just being nice as promised @Tom_of_SE9 ;)
  • Options

Judas

Judas was all about the money.
    Murray is all about the ego.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I remember the standing ovation RM received from 6K Addicks before the ill fated 'Operation Riverside' match in 2006.

Those that were at both compare and contrast, as they used to ask us to do at school.
  • Options

The mans a bare faced liar and not even a good one, he has numerous faces and uses them as and where he deem sthe face to fit

He started to unravel years back at fan events

he has blocked things that would've given us new chairman and demoted himself to Director and that wouldve been some ride with great strong leadership and backing

he shit on those that stood alongside him in that boardroom when him and jordans gang nearly came to blows

he dumped good people during the reign if the spivs

he has aligned himself to the current bunch of cnts and he is now no different ,

All of this after he had every single one of us myself included eating out of the palm of his hand , the respect love and loyalty shown to him by this fan base during some of the most scandalous miss management is astounding and testament to how much he was loved

I still wish him no harm or ill health i still thank him for the part he played in the golden period but i want him gone and gone out of our club for the treason and treachery the has displayed and the absolute contempt of each and every one of his fans and supporters that he has shown and is showing still up until this day

Excellent post.