Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Richard Murray

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    I’m all good mate, still down here in Oz, ironically. Seems like a better option at the moment with all that’s going on! 

You’re dead right there though mate!
    Was always loads of idiots out on the weekends in Bromley and Orpington back then.

Poser’s up Bromley and Pikey’s in Orpington!

Had a few altercations then I certainly wouldn’t have now! With age on my side!

• Options
    I’m all good mate, still down here in Oz, ironically. Seems like a better option at the moment with all that’s going on! 

You’re dead right there though mate!
    Was always loads of idiots out on the weekends in Bromley and Orpington back then.

Poser’s up Bromley and Pikey’s in Orpington!

Had a few altercations then I certainly wouldn’t have now! With age on my side!

Glad you're well mate, you made the right move! 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
  • Options
    edited November 2020
  • Options
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/crystal_palace/3876783.stm

Cahill nearly went to Palace around that time too

Tim Cahill's £2m transfer from Millwall to Crystal Palace looks to have fallen through over a payment to his agents.
    Eagles chairman Simon Jordan refused to pay £125,000 to the 24-year-old midfielder's management company SFX.
    Jordan told The Sun: "We offered Tim a decent Premiership salary and he seemed very keen to join us. The agent then asked for 5% on top - about £125,000.
    "I told him he doesn't work for me but for the player, and to take the money out of his wages."
    But Sam Rush, chief operating officer of SFX, claimed: "The terms of the deal did not appeal to the player."
    Which for me is exactly how agents should be paid.

Never understood why an agent working for the player expects his fee to be paid by the buying club. You work for the player, get the player to pay you.

Think Lazy Daisy had problems getting her head round that too!
  • Options
    I thought he got fired and was told to leave for good?
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    By who?
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    By who?

I can't remember. Sanguard perhaps.

What's his job at Charlton and why is he still here?

Does he pay for VIP treatment?

I don't know anything about this stuff.

All I know is, it would be best if he actually f*cked off 👍
  • Options
    Nice to see old bollock chops again, fond memories...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He doesn’t have a job at the club and while I have many criticisms of Murray’s behaviour I don’t think he should be banned from the directors’ box. Apart from anything else, being in there is a long way from a badge of merit.
    Dave2l said:
    Dave2l said:
    By who?

Whatever ones feelings about the bloke and regardless of whether he pays for "VIP treatment", yesterday was a momentous occasion for Curbs and, given their working relationship, it would have been pathetically petty not to invite RM to be there.

Fair enough.

I used to like Murray and thought he was Charlton through and through.

That's why the last 8 years have been even more strange. He is and was a frustrating confusing individual.

On a personal level, I wouldn't have a problem with him. If I saw him out and about, I would probably simply just ask civil casual questions of small talk scale.

I like the thought of the club moving forward.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    Dave2l said:
    By who?

Whatever ones feelings about the bloke and regardless of whether he pays for "VIP treatment", yesterday was a momentous occasion for Curbs and, given their working relationship, it would have been pathetically petty not to invite RM to be there.

Completely agree, but Murray will weasel his way in all season, which I dont agree with. 
  • Options
    Of course Murray deserves a seat for life in the Directors Box

For all his later errors he played a massive part in the growth of the club and indeed building that stand
    Totally Disagree. The man should hang his head in shame . If i see him at the Valley i will tell him as much. 
  • Options
    If the legend that is Alan Curbishley wanted RM there, than who am I to question it.

But it made me feel sick to my stomach seeing the photos of him there tbh.
  • Options
    Considering some of the more recent incumbents of Directors' Box seats, it's an appropriate place for him. 
  • Options
    Of course Murray deserves a seat for life in the Directors Box

For all his later errors he played a massive part in the growth of the club and indeed building that stand
    Totally Disagree. The man should hang his head in shame . If i see him at the Valley i will tell him as much. 
    Sold his bottom to the Belgians.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Murray has earned his place in the directors box but also earned the right to be ignored by supporters if the choose to. The man was a legend that helped build the club up but then he chose to stand with those that didn't care about the club or its supporters.  Let him have his comfy chair as he has lost my regard.

(Not that it bothers him).