Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steven Gerrard - new Rangers manager

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Rangers in Europe, last 50 games.

Before Gerrard: P25 W2 D11 L12
    With Gerrard: P25 W13 D9 L3

Doing an amazing job with a fairly limited squad.
    How many before were in the Champions League?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Great wins for the old firm last night. Pub league eh? 
    Two clubs does not make a good league.

Indeed it emphasises exactly what is wrong with it.
    Good point, I remember when the dog and duck got that famous win at the San Siro. 
    West Auckland FC from Durham County won the first World Cup so put that in your pipe 😳

The FA were not interested and some how they represented Great Britain and went onto win it.
  • Options
    I guess Rangers and Celtic both going through will improve the coefficiency. So maybe in 2 seasons they could both be in Champions League? Not an expert and looking at UEFA website confuses me so i gave up but im sure there are some on here that can work it out
  • Options
    Appreciate the relatively low standard of Scottish football but Rangers' record in all comps this season reads:#

Played 18 
    Won 16
    Drawn 2
    For 43
    Against 4

In those 18 matches they've kept 15 clean sheets. As well as beating Celtic, they have won all their Europa games. They are 9 points clear of Celtic albeit that the latter has a couple of games in hand.

Gerard is doing a very good job.
  • Options
    And Neil Lennon is shite.  Rangers could stop 10 in a row.
  • Options
    Appreciate the relatively low standard of Scottish football but Rangers' record in all comps this season reads:#

Played 18 
    Won 16
    Drawn 2
    For 43
    Against 4

In those 18 matches they've kept 15 clean sheets. As well as beating Celtic, they have won all their Europa games. They are 9 points clear of Celtic albeit that the latter has a couple of games in hand.

Gerard is doing a very good job.
    I think we all appreciate that the standard of Scottish football is quite low, but as you say they've won all their Europa games beating Willem II, Galatasaray, Standard Liege and Lech Poznan and they conceded just once, so Gerrard is definitely doing well. 

A big test for them next though, Benfica away. 
  • Options
    Scraped another win yesterday to remain well clear at the top.
  • Options
    14 games - 12 wins- 2 draws -goals for 37- goals against 3 .... mental form 
  • Options
    Now played 16, won 14, drawn 2. Scored 45, conceded 3.

Haven't conceded a domestic goal since September, and not at Ibrox since March.
  • Options
    He deserves credit for the job he is doing and making them competitive in Europe.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Now played 16, won 14, drawn 2. Scored 45, conceded 3.

Haven't conceded a domestic goal since September, and not at Ibrox since March.
    That is seriously impressive
  • Options
    I've really just picked up on this as Scottish football has always appeared so ordinary. His form in Europe is seriously impressive. Doing a great job.
  • Options
    Currently got a GD of 42 after 16 games and 13 points ahead of Celtic who have 2 games in hand
  • Options
    16 goals in 25 games this season from right back, i know a few are penalties but that's ridiculous.
  • Options
    16 goals in 25 games this season from right back, i know a few are penalties but that's ridiculous.
    He’s got to be the most prolific defender in the world for goals and assists currently? 
  • Options
    Say what you like about the SPL, but to win a Europa league group that had Benfica in it is very impressive.

Also means they'll avoid the 4 premier league teams, Leverkusen and the 3 Italian sides in the next round.
  • Options
    Another goal and an assist today.

He's unfortunate we have about 15 good right backs, if he was a left back he might have had a shout of getting in an England squad.
  • Options
    Nobody from the SPL should get in a look into the England squad out of principle.
  • Options
    No domestic triple this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2020
    guinnessaddick said:

No domestic triple this season.

Shame