Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Steven Gerrard - new Rangers manager

Comments

• This is Davie Provan who used to play for CELTIC.

Really odd thing for him to say.
  • DOC64 said:

And yet the Celtic team today didn't wear a poppy on their shirts. Credit to Celtic though in at least asking their fans to respect the minutes silence.

That's nice of them, did they respect it haven't seen? as last week they about sticking your F'ing Poppys up your a%^e

• DOC64 said:

DA9 said:

DOC64 said:

And yet the Celtic team today didn't wear a poppy on their shirts. Credit to Celtic though in at least asking their fans to respect the minutes silence.

The fact that they have to ask is the real issue
    Absolutely, really poor that Celtic won't do the decent thing. Ironic that Rodgers and his coaching staff wore one.

Wonder if that's got anything to do with why Celtic haven't staged a home game on Remembrance Sunday since, I think, 2012.
    would imagine so because a large proportion of there supporters think its banter to mock the dead, i have no real affiliation to either club i think both sets of fans try to take the moral highground and are constantly outdoing each other in wankerish behaviour, for that reason i wanted hearts to do something this year.

Provan is also writing for a paper that (i think) Gerrard refuses to even speak to.

"Early into the job, Gerrard is already under pressure. The circus that greeted his arrival in Govan has left town. He is now under the microscope."

Is he? I think pretty much every Rangers fan is perfectly happy with how Gerrard is doing.

Rent a mouth.

Rent a mouth.
    There's quite a few of them in Scotland!!

• No they did not behave, why am I not shocked, just see Chris Sutton's tweet about it.

Vile people

Provan is also writing for a paper that (i think) Gerrard refuses to even speak to.

"Early into the job, Gerrard is already under pressure. The circus that greeted his arrival in Govan has left town. He is now under the microscope."

Is he? I think pretty much every Rangers fan is perfectly happy with how Gerrard is doing.
    Spoke to a few when I was up here last weekend. All very happy with him, know that this is a long term rebuilding project.
  • Good video from Coventry supporter and blogger Alex Craig on his visit to Ibrox on Thursday for the Rangers v Villareal game.

https://t.co/a2tSirID4G?amp=1
  • Sponsored links:

• No they did not behave, why am I not shocked, just see Chris Sutton's tweet about it.

Vile people

You can add mocking Rangers American player Claudia Reyna over 9/11, booing a minutes silence for the queen mother, carrying empty pizza boxes to an old firm game mocking the deaths of British soldiers murdered by fake pizza delivery staff, making YouTube videos and twitter messages mocking Fernando Ricksens battle with Motor Neurone Disease....the list goes on with their support.

• Rangers sitting top of SPL

Follow Follow
  • Rangers sitting top of SPL

Not sure how as they chucked five points away against Aberdeen and Dundee last week. Had about 400 corners yesterday and only won 1-0. If they could put a run together they genuinely could win the league because contrary to general belief in the Scottish MSM, Celtic are tripe. There's very little between the two teams now and that certainly was not the case two years back or even twelve months ago - and not necessarily because Rangers have improved a great deal.

Gerrard says he doesn't care that Rangers are currently top and it means nothing but if they could stay there for more than 30 seconds, it might - MIGHT - just cause a few waves in the East End.

The game at Ibrox on the 29th is now massive and strangely - less than two weeks until the Old Firm - Celtic have only just confirmed they will be taking up their allocation of tickets. There were strong rumours that they weren't going to due to some nonsensical 'safety' concerns by the board.

With that said Rangers have to go to Easter Road on Wednesday and as Celtic found yesterday, it's not easy. Rangers will drop points there in my opinion.
  • Still think Celtic will win the league but Rangers have bridged the gap massively in a short period of time. Pleased for Gerrard and believe he will be a top manager.
  • rangers really are very wasteful they dominate games but win by narrow margins.
  • Still think Celtic will win the league but Rangers have bridged the gap massively in a short period of time. Pleased for Gerrard and believe he will be a top manager.

Make you right mate. It certainly helps that all the top teams are taking points off one another. With the exception of Rangers taking points off Celtic, obviously.
  • Nothing better than them two nutbag teams going head to head at it ..
    Fucking love the passion shown from fans and the full bloodedness shown by the players in the games and the more even it is the better the game .
    But the weirdness of others (as in those who support other clubs) to be so pro or anti either freak show is pretty bizarre !!
    Nowt as weird as folk and nowt weirder than Charlton folk !!!!

• Gerrard has done way better than I thought he would. He has turned them round very well.
    Probably needs to get back to England though to develop his career.
  • Celtic have to still be favourites though, have a much stronger squad and will surely buy a striker in January.

One thing they do need to sort out is the away ticket allocations. Rangers giving Celtic only 750 away tickets for the game at Ibrox in a couple of weeks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Celtic have to still be favourites though, have a much stronger squad and will surely buy a striker in January.

One thing they do need to sort out is the away ticket allocations. Rangers giving Celtic only 750 away tickets for the game at Ibrox in a couple of weeks.

Won't be sorted any time soon mate. Rangers instigated it over the summer citing demand from their own season ticket holders as the reason. Celtic then followed suit. Rangers were given 800 restricted view seats at Parkhead in September and have given Celtic the corner for December's game.

As for Celtic buying a striker - Rodgers spent £9million on that clown Edouard in the summer, who was hooked again yesterday. Be surprised if the board give him a lot more to spend in January although if Rangers are still in contention at that point they may feel pressured into doing so.
  • They sold Dembele to Lyon for 20m though so they must have some cash to spend.
  • They sold Dembele to Lyon for 20m though so they must have some cash to spend.

Indeed, and word is they sold him to make up the shortfall of not receiving Champions League money this season. Don't forget, they originally claimed they wouldn't see him for less than £40m so I'm dubious about them having pools of money. They spend SIGNIFICANTLY more on wages than any other team in the league and once again spent more in the summer than most of the teams in the league combined. I guess we'll see!
  • edited December 2018
    Thats ridiculous! Surely one of the best things about the old firm derby is the raucous away support? 700/800 tickets is taking the piss!

• iainment said:

Gerrard has done way better than I thought he would. He has turned them round very well.
    Probably needs to get back to England though to develop his career.

I think the opposite, I think he would be mental to come back for a few years. Build something at Rangers and show what he can do.

Managing in England is ridiculous, couple of bad results and you're under pressure.

Indeed, and word is they sold him to make up the shortfall of not receiving Champions League money this season. Don't forget, they originally claimed they wouldn't see him for less than £40m so I'm dubious about them having pools of money. They spend SIGNIFICANTLY more on wages than any other team in the league and once again spent more in the summer than most of the teams in the league combined. I guess we'll see!
    Celtic' s wage bill for the year to June 18 was £59.3 million which is huge and unsustainable without CL (not Charlton life) money.

The rumour was that Dembele and his agent got half the transfer fee. That because Celtic picked him up so cheap (£600k) in the first place. Celtic have got cash flow issues, but need to strengthen as Rangers definitely will.
  • YTS1978 said:

Thats ridiculous! Surely one of the best things about the old firm derby is the raucous away support? 700/800 tickets is taking the piss!

This has caused a lot of issues.

The Rangers supporters campaigned for this because they were fed up of having to move seats or miss out on the old firm games as some of their season tickets didn't include those games. The fact that Celtic were generally winning convincingly at Ibrox and celebrating in style didn't help.

Rangers and Celtic have both routinely also had to pay out significant sums to repair smashed up seats and toilets at both stadiums. Each club charges the other for damage caused.

Rangers prior to this season had 43,000 season ticket holders, they now have over 48,000 and are generally happy with the new arrangement.

The game on the 29th will have added interest as the Rangers supporters are still smarting from the Celtic players doing a lap of honour and having extended celebrations in front of them at Celtic Park earlier in the season.
  • DOC64 said:

They sold Dembele to Lyon for 20m though so they must have some cash to spend.

Celtic' s wage bill for the year to June 18 was £59.3 million which is huge and unsustainable without CL (not Charlton life) money.

The rumour was that Dembele and his agent got half the transfer fee. That because Celtic picked him up so cheap (£600k) in the first place. Celtic have got cash flow issues, but need to strengthen as Rangers definitely will.
    So spending £2m on disco lights wasn't the best idea then?
  • DOC64 said:

They sold Dembele to Lyon for 20m though so they must have some cash to spend.

So spending £2m on disco lights wasn't the best idea then?
    They do look really good though... Oh wait.
  • When he's not getting sent off, Morelos can actually be quite useful. 19 goals before christmas is a solid effort.

Possible that come the end of boxing day, the top 4 could all be separated by just 1 point.