Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Options

Redhenry said:

Ward in

A 32-year old forward?
    Can play anywhere across the front four positions, has played the last goodness knows how many seasons in the Championship, is a Northern Ireland international, and to be honest, with such a young squad of players where only Pearce and Pratley who would regularly play for us are around the 30 years mark, his experience could be vital for us.

A very good signing.
  • Options

It's taking time to get announced if it's been done

RD ensures the fax machine is turned off at 5pm :-(
  • Options
    The season that Sheffield Utd won league one they had 4 points from 5 games, plenty of time to turn things round
  • Options

Cullen hid scarfy
  • Options
    Wow very pleasantly surprised by this and other signings, yes we are still light natural LB/RB cover but done more business than expected and a couple which hopefully should push us towards playoffs/auto (optimism)
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

If this was an emergency loan and he plays in the hole it would have 'Emergency Ward 10' boom, boom!

Apologies to those born in the 70's and later, who probably won't have a clue what I'm on about.

Some of us unfortunately are old enough to remember.
    Not me of course I'm far to young.
  • Options

Probably turned off permanently and using carrier pigeons instead.
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:

To be fair looking at the 6 we have got you have to say its good business , and once all are fit we should be very competitive , just wish we could have it all done before the season started might have had half a sniff at the playoffs.

On the flip at least with the first five only seeing two defeats we should have just done enough for survival.
  • Options

The work wifi has been turned off as well as the fan wifi...
  • Options

Done Deal.

Oh yes.
    I'm the new in the know person.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tried to sign Alan judge from Brentford . That would of been excellent
  • Options
    So Ward is now confirmed, excellent news.

During the takeover saga all of our ITK's took a bit of a kicking reputation wise but i'd say @Redhenry has come up trumps these last few days.
  • Options

cafc4life said:

Tried to sign Alan judge from Brentford . That would of been excellent

The jury's out on that
    Like Karlan and RHF then
    Just dont play them in a top three ;)
  • Options
    Seems like a bit of a rushed job this one when you see that Steve Gallen only called Warnock today to get a view on Ward!!
    Personally I don’t care. He’s a decent player, and been a thorn in our side on many an occasion

Addicks Head of Recruitment Steve Gallen said: “Jamie is a bundle of energy. Great enthusiasm, great attitude. I’ve known him for years as he’s been playing at a high level so I think a lot of us are aware of him but I rang Neil Warnock today who had him at Cardiff at the end of last season. His exact words were ‘He’s a gem, great attitude, great lad, will work hard for ya’.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Some good signings from a few clubs today.

Zac Clough to Rochdale on loan seems an odd one.
    Christian Doidge to Bolton on loan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CH4RLTON said:

To be fair looking at the 6 we have got you have to say its good business , and once all are fit we should be very competitive , just wish we could have it all done before the season started might have had half a sniff at the playoffs.

A fully fit squad and we have a shot at automatic promotion bearing in mind we have played Sunderland and Peterborough!
    41 games to go!!
    Roland out and promotion would be a beautiful thing!
  • Options
    Phillips
    Solly, Bauer, Pearce, Page
    Pratley, Aribo, Cullen
    Ward, Taylor, Fosu

Steer, Djiksteel, Bielik, Lapslie, Marshall, KAG, Vetokele

Then Clarke should be firing on all cylinders in time for the Christmas period I’d say.

Almost a selection headache there, seen us in worse shape.
  • Options
    Plus Reeves, Ajose & Sarr!

Phillips
    Pratley, Aribo, Cullen
    Ward, Taylor, Fosu

Then Clarke should be firing on all cylinders in time for the Christmas period I’d say.

• Options

Phillips
    Pratley, Aribo, Cullen
    Ward, Taylor, Fosu

Can any one lend me a tin hat?

I would play Bielik at RB rather than Solly in that side.
  • Options
    Would obviously have Reeves and Sarr on the bench ahead of Lapslie and Marshall, and would also consider starting Vetokele over Pratley or Aribo so we had actual wingers
  • Options
    With our injury problems at the start of the season, the frustration is how late the loan players have arrived. Not Bowyer's fault as the players weren't available earlier, but Cullen and Ward are arriving just when when the injured players are starting to return
  • Options

I'll be pleased if true, although a little worried about his injury record of late.

We are lucky to get him, probably ended up here because champ clubs were wary of his recent injury record.
  • Options
    Stand corrected as someone points out I’d have Reeves on bench ahead Lapslie. Sarr has got the heart but wouldn’t make the bench for me.
  • Options
    I expect Bowyer will stick with 2 up front in either a 4-4-2, 4-4-2 diamond or 3-5-2.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Would obviously have Reeves and Sarr on the bench ahead of Lapslie and Marshall, and would also consider starting Vetokele over Pratley or Aribo so we had actual wingers

It’s good to debate you in a non political topic, but I disagree why would you need two centre backs and right back on the bench, we don’t have many park the bus moments in this league.