Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2018
    JamesSeed said:

Accrington game has confirmed that we need a right back who can play wing back.
    Also need midfield creativity, someone who can play a killer pass. Not sure we’re well endowed in that department, even amongst the injured players. Clarke possibly? Reeves potentially? Fosu isn't that player.

For all Bowyer’s talk about finishing teams off, it seems like we were second best for much of the match, and certainly in the second half.

Peterborough could hammer us on Tuesday if we’re not at our best.

Mark Marshall might be the better option as right wing back.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

JamesSeed said:

Accrington game has confirmed that we need a right back who can play wing back.
    Also need midfield creativity, someone who can play a killer pass. Not sure we’re well endowed in that department, even amongst the injured players. Clarke possibly? Reeves potentially? Fosu isn't that player.

For all Bowyer’s talk about finishing teams off, it seems like we were second best for much of the match, and certainly in the second half.

Peterborough could hammer us on Tuesday if we’re not at our best.

Mark Marshall might be the better option as right wing back.
    He has the attributes to be a very good wing back, I just think he may be too inconsistent and will get beaten a lot.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Really think we need experienced players now. I was hoping Elliott Ward was signing. He would have been perfect to help see out the games at Sunderland and Accrington.

Could we sign Dawkins and him until January?

Also could we be in for Richie Towell? I am curious he hasn't gone back to Rotherham. I suspect that the midfielder signing will not happen until closer to the deadline because of Championship interest.

Towell could definitely be on - Rotherham signed Ryan Manning from QPR on loan last week so I'd think it's unlikely they'd want Towell too
  • Options
    Is Richie Towell the new Hayden Mullins? Always mentioned on the rumours thread - has he been officially linked?
  • Options
    only problem with Marshall playing wing back is he cant cross. Page showed on saturday how its done (and also put in the same type of cross against Sunderland)...when was the last time Marshall crossed on the run ?? His dead ball delivery is just as bad (esp his corners) & was reported on here LB shouted this out at a PSG.
  • Options
    According to some papers Eunan O'Kane is on his way.
  • Options
    Lookman going for £22 million. Might grease a few wheels at The Valley for a loan or two.
  • Options

Lookman going for £22 million. Might grease a few wheels at The Valley for a loan or two.

Nah - Roly will ask for £50 cash instead of £5mil bank transfer. #straightintothewallet
  • Options
    What would RD likely receive? I imagine the sell on clause will be on the profit made, seeing as we sold him for 11 million(?) a 20% clause would mean we receive just over 2 million.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

What papers?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Crusty54 said:

What papers?
    I can only see it on HITC which I have always found to be clickbait nonsense in the past.
  • Options

What would RD likely receive? I imagine the sell on clause will be on the profit made, seeing as we sold him for 11 million(?) a 20% clause would mean we receive just over 2 million.

Sounds about right
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Sounds about right

whats that in euros? because I doubt if we will see any of it.
  • Options

Crusty54 said:

What papers?
    The Pickwick
  • Options

Unlikely. We’ve seen nothing of the money raised from sales thus far. None. Nada. Zip.

• Options
    Imagine thinking that spiteful old cnut will throw us a bone from any further cash raised.
  • Options
    So is Cullen the player we thought had over the line before West Ham pulled out, but he wants to join us so it's back on?

Or is it O'Kane?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

So is Cullen the player we thought had over the line before West Ham pulled out, but he wants to join us so it's back on?

Or is it O'Kane?

Bowyer did say that a player wanted to join us yet was up to whether the club wanted to send him out on loan - Going by I'd say it was Josh Cullen as cant see Leeds being bothered about O'Kane as much seeing they've not given him a squad number
  • Options

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2018

Initial fee was reported as £7.5m-£8m, with the £11m (total) coming from add-ons. If that's the case, I doubt any add-ons were triggered, so would the sell-on clause kick in at the lower, original fee?

Seen reports that Everton have rejected £12m (+add ons) and £14m (+add ons) so far and that they have a £20m valuation on Ade. Could mean up to £2.4m coming in (to Roland's wallet).
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    TelMc32 said:

Initial fee was reported as £7.5m-£8m, with the £11m (total) coming from add-ons. If that's the case, I doubt any add-ons were triggered, so would the sell-on clause kick in at the lower, original fee?

Seen reports that Everton have rejected £12m (+add ons) and £14m (+add ons) so far and that they have a £20m valuation on Ade. Could mean up to £2.4m coming in (to Roland's wallet).
    RD deserves it, he nurtures our young players and when ready lets them move to the premier league to fulfill their destiny, good bloke who told us from the start this is what he is going to do :wink:
  • Options

Crusty54 said:

What papers?
    I can only see it on HITC which I have always found to be clickbait nonsense in the past.
    What would the Yorkshire Post know about a Leeds player then?
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

Crusty54 said:

What papers?
    Leeds not in Yorkshire anymore then?
  • Options
    i wouldnt bother thinking to much about the add ons re Lookman it will go into RDs pocket totally
  • Options

Crusty54 said:

Crusty54 said:

What papers?
    That was precisely my point.

My original post was "According to some papers Eunan O'Kane is on his way".
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Crusty54 said:

Crusty54 said:

Crusty54 said:

What papers?

The only story I have found with them is the one we originally knew about - back from 6th August?
  • Options

Crusty54 said:

Crusty54 said:

Crusty54 said:

What papers?

The only story I have found with them is the one we originally knew about - back from 6th August?
    The story was on 20th August which is why I posted it.
  • Options
    Any updates from anyone ?
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Any updates from anyone ?

After reading the statement from RD to staff re costs I cant see that we'll be signing anyone else.