Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Options
    I assume the playing side is a different budget to the general running costs
  • Options

I assume the playing side is a different budget to the general running costs

all has to come out of the same pot, whichever way you cut the cake....(excuse the mixed metaphors)
  • Options
    Stephen Quinn has signed for Burton!
  • Options

Stephen Quinn has signed for Burton!

Five years ago before injuries when Powell tried to sign him he would have been perfect.
  • Options
    Charlton manager Lee Bowyer is hoping to make a transfer breakthrough ahead of Saturday’s home game against Fleetwood Town.

The Addicks boss met with a loan target on Wednesday.

Bowyer told the South London Press: “There’s one close, we’re just waiting for the two clubs to agree.

“We’ve told them what we can pay and we are waiting for them to come back with a yay or a nay.

“At one stage I was hoping it would get done this morning so he could come in and train, but that is not looking like happening.

“It all happened yesterday. I met the player yesterday, just trying to persuade him to come. That worked, now it is down to the two clubs.”

Elliott Ward and Simon Dawkins, who had been on trial with the Addicks, have both left.

“Elliott left when we brought in Krystian [Bielik],” said Bowyer. “I think Dawkins is training with Luton.”
  • Options
    Josh Cullen is the player we’re waiting to agree terms with West Ham.
  • Options

Josh Cullen is the player we’re waiting to agree terms with West Ham.

Imagine he's the one who is really kean to join us yet have to ensure the club are happy to loan him out

Another case like Lookman really; West Ham have said they want to keep hold of Cullen this season yet so far havent even had him as an un-named sub on the bench yet!!... Need to make their minds up for the benefit of his career
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So I wonder who bowyer meet yesterday then ??
  • Options
    O’Kane is the player that Bowyer said about if they don’t go to a championship club, they will be coming to us. If he is going to sign, it won’t be until around 29th/30th so it is just something we have to hope and be patient for.

Cullen I believe is the player we are closer to signing and hopefully West Ham agree to the amount we can offer for the loan.

I think it’s those two and a forward/winger type we are after. Whether we get all three is another matter.
  • Options
    Are Cullen and O'Kane both midfielders? I'd be delighted but surprised if we signed 2 midfielders on loan
  • Options

Are Cullen and O'Kane both midfielders? I'd be delighted but surprised if we signed 2 midfielders on loan

I imagine Bowyer sees Cullen as the number 10 type player to come in for Morgan/Lapslie. O'kane is more of defensive midfield type player so would be fighting it out with Aribo and Pratley for a starting berth.
  • Options
    FAVADDICK said:

The sales rep from Walkers Crisps
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

FAVADDICK said:

The sales rep from Walkers Crisps
    Or could he be buying himself a new hetty to help with the cleaning!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2018

I really like Bowyer. Under better circumstances at a normal club, I think he'll be a decent manager. Hopefully, that can be at Charlton eventually

You 100% sure its the right thread this time @Chrissy\\\'s Army!! :wink::wink:
  • Options
    If he manages to bring Cullen in, he could miss games in September playing for Ireland under 21 on 7th and 11th, Wimbledon at home on the 4th? and Wycombe at home on the 8th
  • Options
    What time does Cullen need to be signed to play tomorrow ?
  • Options
    Richard J said:

What time does Cullen need to be signed to play tomorrow ?

Midday
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Aribo should be playing further forward than that

Agreed, he's not a battling midfielder

The No 10 situation is a a short(ish) term problem, with Reeves back to full fitness by mid September and Clarke likely by October/November. The Central Midfield situation is a season long one with the loss of JFC
  • Options

Leuth said:

Aribo should be playing further forward than that

Agreed, he's not a battling midfielder

The No 10 situation is a a short(ish) term problem, with Reeves back to full fitness by mid September and Clarke likely by October/November. The Central Midfield situation is a season long one with the loss of JFC
    bloody hell we are down the swannee without a paddle if we are relying on Reeves to sort a problem out

• Options
    Well if Cullen is coming looks like it is too late to play tomorrow!