Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Very, very, very important question...

Bread.

Cupboard or fridge?

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Only buy or bake enough to last you until tomorrow at the latest so there's no need for the fridge. If you've got more than that, put the rest in the freezer.

Of far more importance is this. Why is there a 'd' in fridge when it's an abbreviation of refrigerator in which the letter 'd' is somewhat conspicuous by its absence? Also how did Jack become the diminutive of John when it's not any shorter?
  • Options

Only buy or bake enough to last you until tomorrow at the latest so there's no need for the fridge. If you've got more than that, put the rest in the freezer.

Of far more importance is this. Why is there a 'd' in fridge when it's an abbreviation of refrigerator in which the letter 'd' is somewhat conspicuous by its absence? Also how did Jack become the diminutive of John when it's not any shorter?

Why do we say WWW instead of World Wide Web even though it takes longer to say...
  • Options

Why do we say WWW instead of World Wide Web even though it takes longer to say...
    World Wide Web isn't part of a website address. So we talk about the World Wide Web but we say www... for an address.
  • Options
    Bake enough for what I need, so rarely have any left over, although when I do, it goes in the fridge.
  • Options
    Why is there a D in fridge, we it’s a simple boring answer because back in the fifties when home refrigeration was taking off the main manufacturer was a company call Fridgaire, which some claim to mean frigide air. However my favourite explanation is that it might also be that if you use the logical shortening to frig then this mean a sexual act.

Bread should be kept in a bread bin in my opinion as putting it in the fridge drys it out.
  • Options
    Freezer
  • Options

Also how did Jack become the diminutive of John when it's not any shorter?

And in France Jack is used as the diminutive of James. Strange
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    More importantly, what do you call the end of the loaf?

To me it’s the heel.
  • Options
    Bread bin, cold bread is the pits.
  • Options

To me it’s the heel.

Topper
  • Options

To me it’s the heel.

Actually never heard it called the heel. Just looked it up and heel is the most common answer (60% ish) lots of “end crust” too and “dog slice” apparently popular.

Great question though. Never thought about it before that others don’t call it the same
  • Options

To me it’s the heel.

I always thought it was called the Nob and hence where the nickname Nobby comes from.

• Options
    Freezer
  • Options
    Depends on the person.

If you’re a wild life on the edge type, live for the moment type it’s in the cupboard cos it only lasts a few days.

If you’re economic, safe, logical, a long term deep thinker, fridge it is, lasts up to 10 days.
  • Options
    Fridge. Lasts for ages.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fridge is just weird
  • Options
    Id have to ask the wife
  • Options
    Fridge for me, basically because

a) it lasts longer
    b) i only have it as toast so couldn't care less if the bread is cold to start with
  • Options

To me it’s the heel.

I call it Maria, because everybody’s touched it but nobody wants it....
  • Options
    End of loaf - crust or nobby.
  • Options

Shit
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Shit
    Sliced bread - yes. Proper bread - no.
  • Options
    Bread bin... loses flavour/taste after having been in fridge.
  • Options

To me it’s the heel.

Crust.
    Never heard it called anything else.
    Same here
  • Options
    Cupboard.

The fridge is where chocolate lives.