Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Old Charlton related photos

Comments

• Options
    801912601 said:
    cafc999 said:
    Not sure if posted before & cannot be bothered to trawl through all the previous pages, but here is the CAFC end during the battle of the bridge

What a great turnout we had that day. Proud to have been one that was there. Guess that picture was taken from the west stand
    I assume so. I just found it on Google. 

I was also there and what a toxic day it was
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    Not sure if posted before & cannot be bothered to trawl through all the previous pages, but here is the CAFC end during the battle of the bridge

Luckily, we didn't actually relegate Chelsea as happened at the next match at Stamford Bridge.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3509381/chelsea-vs-middlesbrough-premier-league-look-back-1988-battle-of-stamford-bridge/
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    cafc999 said:

Luckily, we didn't actually relegate Chelsea as happened at the next match at Stamford Bridge.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3509381/chelsea-vs-middlesbrough-premier-league-look-back-1988-battle-of-stamford-bridge/
    Without going into detail as to why, I was in the Shed for the Middlesbrough match. Quite a different level of experience from our match...
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

I was about 20 metres down the terrace under the number 18 on the scoreboard that day

The first bay in that photo is where the Chelsea fans were - they made themselves known when they went 1 up - cue scenes
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

Without going into detail as to why, I was in the Shed for the Middlesbrough match. Quite a different level of experience from our match...
    Quite afew Charlton went to That Middlebrough match i was one of them......that day
  • Options
    I was in that first pen where the Chelsea fans were, the strange structure to the right of the picture on the fencing was a 'save the bridge' thermometer thing to show how much money they raised, some of the Chelsea fans tried climbing it to get out of our end and back into the benches where their mates were.
    It really was a memorable day both on and off the pitch!  
  • Options
    Was there. Had to move pens to get away from the Chelsea. How times have changed - how did we put up being caged in like that and treated like animals. 
  • Options
    Found this on the Facebook group. Some great photos.

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~briancas/Charlton.html

Nice. So what colours were the stripes in those Millwall pictures? Red and Black? Blue and Black? And why didn't we just wear red shirts if Millwall were going through one of their Leeds United phases and wearing all white?
  • Options
    Foresight, they knew that some time in the future the sales of replica kits would go viral, oops maybe shouldn't use that word at the moment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:

Nice. So what colours were the stripes in those Millwall pictures? Red and Black? Blue and Black? And why didn't we just wear red shirts if Millwall were going through one of their Leeds United phases and wearing all white?
    Red and black
  • Options
    Green and black.
  • Options
    Green and black.
    Green and black.
    Have to agree with StreekDerek on this one Solidgone sorry.

Red and black QPR away when we won 4-1 and seem to remember the same colours at Walsall Fellows Park when we won 1-0. Loved the green and black shirts.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Red and Black, same as Man City away around that period. I liked it myself.
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Off_it said:

Red and Black, same as Man City away around that period. I liked it myself.
    2 (red) 2 (green)
  • Options
    Have dropped many hints to Hummel about that green and black kit. 

No joy so far
  • Options
    Apologies if I’ve posted these before but a couple of photos I came across earlier. One is from a Valley Gold day at Selhurst against Ipswich (91 or 92) the other is 4 addicks  and a Palace fan in Poznań for a Euro qualifier in 91.

Lennie was always such a happy guy.
  • Options
    Apologies if I’ve posted these before but a couple of photos I came across earlier. One is from a Valley Gold day at Selhurst against Ipswich (91 or 92) the other is 4 addicks  and a Palace fan in Poznań for a Euro qualifier in 91.

Let's face it, they all look like they are in a lift and someone has let rip a real peach. 
  • Options
    Looks like a still from the usual suspects.  :#
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

There is one picture in it I hadn’t seen before, this one of the semi-final v Bolton at Villa Park.
    You'll love this then.

https://www.britishpathe.com/video/bolton-v-charlton-football

Not really.  Hard to follow and no sound.
  • Options

Let's face it, they all look like they are in a lift and someone has let rip a real peach. 
    We don’t look happy do we!
  • Options

Recognise a few faces in those photos Russ 
  • Options
    I wonder if these two are still Addickted , Lucas McDaid aged 9 and Peter Loveridge 12.

For a small fee we can remove these pictures , contact the museum  ;)
    Don’t know if @Antse7en has seen this pic of the legend Pete 
  • Options
    What was Lennie doing in Poznan?
  • Options
    He should've turned his back on them.
  • Options

Everything about Palace is fake. Even their mock Tudor is shit...
  • Options
    Anyone recognise the man in the centre of this photo? I found it in amongst my mum’s collection of 1946-52 Charlton match photos. She was an avid Charlton supporter, went to a lot of home and away games after the War and knew many of the players.

• Options
    I’m thinking it’s ‘Sailor’ Brown’ circa 1946 but there are vastly more knowledgeable heads on CL than I !!
  • Options
    Chris Duffy