Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton players in racism storm (video in The Sun).....

Comments

• Options

No one knows the background/context, so everyone is pre judging without knowing the facts.

If Kennedy/Magennis were ok with it and saw it as usual banter, then whoever let it get in the press is stupid/action needs to be taken and that's about it.

If Kennedy/Magennis or any players were being bullied, then that's more serious and should be investigated and dealt with.

The issue is a group of Charlton players have filmed themselves saying racist stuff and it's now available for the world to view. This is not going to reflect well on the club and they need to acknowledge this.

It's irrelevant whether it is banter or not - it's bad PR for them and the club. It's naive of them to have done this and I hope they learn from it.

The Community Trust will lose any credibility if our players behave like this and that can't be tolerated.
    Which current charlton player said something racist??
    I'm assuming they were all Charlton players at the time. I'm unclear how this will do the club any favours?
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Professional footballers/athletes do not get absolutely shitfaced like that on a Saturday night or any night during the season.

Well you have just seen that they quite clearly do. I regret to say that you really do talk nonsense, but you're happier with such behaviour if they are winning games, but not so happy if they are not winning.

You couldn't make it up.
  • Options
    You all ok huns?

xx
  • Options
    The line that bothers me slightly is that it led to resentment, which shows that it might've not been as well received as people are thinking.

If Josh and Kennedy are fine with it and the rest of the squad are fine, no big deal.
  • Options

I hope @DaveMehmet doesn’t leak any text messages containing the names I call him.

The one I got this afternoon was pretty tame for you.
  • Options

Professional footballers/athletes do not get absolutely shitfaced like that on a Saturday night or any night during the season.

Well you have just seen that they quite clearly do. I regret to say that you really do talk nonsense, but you're happier with such behaviour if they are winning games, but not so happy if they are not winning.

You couldn't make it up.
    And you never disappoint with the complete and always predictable bollocks you always feel the need to post.
  • Options

You couldn't make it up.
    We didn’t have a game for between 2/1 and 14/1. Players would definitely have been allowed to go out and have a booze during this time.
  • Options

You couldn't make it up.
    And you never disappoint with the complete and always predictable bollocks you always feel the need to post.
    Top contribution to the thread
  • Options

You couldn't make it up.
    We didn’t have a game for between 2/1 and 14/1. Players would definitely have been allowed to go out and have a booze during this time.
    We played the spanners on the 14/1, the one game we needed them up for it.
  • Options
    It's not like they have stolen a taxi.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The line that bothers me slightly is that it led to resentment, which shows that it might've not been as well received as people are thinking.

If Josh and Kennedy are fine with it and the rest of the squad are fine, no big deal.

Even if they were, and we dont know one way or the other, it still reflects very badly on the Club.
  • Options

You couldn't make it up.
    How many games a season do we need to win, for you to be less judgemental of such behaviour ?
    If we're challenging for the play off's is it okish, but if we're fighting relegation the behaviour is not ok ?
  • Options

It's not like they have stolen a taxi.

How do you know they haven't?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Yes,it does because it is out there but as people say - banter does occur and if nobody is hurt or offended by it, it has to be less serious even if unpleasant. The implication is that there was an issue with it, and if true it is a bit of a sorry affair that is difficult to brush under the carpet. The number of posts on this thread suggests it is quite a serious matter.
  • Options
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options

You couldn't make it up.
    We played the spanners on the 14/1, the one game we needed them up for it.
    They weren’t drinking for 12 days
  • Options
    Riviera said:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

A bit of WD40 should do the trick
  • Options
    Most of the old boys that seem to have a real problem with this grew up in an era of football where some players turned up to the games pissed. But then it was alright back then. I can imagine some of the terminology weren’t far of that used last year either. The good old days.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Does everything that everyone does reflect badly on their employers?

If they were on a club trip somewhere and stole a cab (lol), or played up at the airport on the way back from an away game, fair enough, but this is a personal bit of banter that has been leaked ** Edit- and as far as I know, no one in the pub at the time made a complaint did they?**

Imo, it ain't got anything to do with the club and I don't think that 99.9% of the public in that boozer, or looking at the video online would even have a clue who them blokes were, unless if they weren't told but even then, I reckon a good 50% would say, who f**** Charlton?
  • Options

As someone who hates the Sun newspaper I don't think that is the issue. I think it reflects badly on the comedy club Charlton Athletic and present and ex players in that video. And people wonder why gay players don't come out when 20th century banter lives and breaths. Is there any man on this thread who thinks calling a team mates mum a slag is acceptable ?

No idea how old you are or if it's just the mates i hang around with, but i'm pretty sure there's not a single one of our group who's not had one of their mum's abused (in piss taking terms) by the rest of the group. It's just standard banter growing up. No one ever took it too personally.
    It must be a generation thing then. In my youth mates mums got a bit of respect.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would have thought that for any professional sportsman to get so drunk is not a good idea as it can affect their performance (no double entendre intended).

I thought that professional athletes were supposed to be very careful with what they put into their bodies.

• Options

I hope @DaveMehmet doesn’t leak any text messages containing the names I call him.

The one I got this afternoon was pretty tame for you.
    Was a fair assessment though I thought.
  • Options

Does everything that everyone does reflect badly on their employers?

If they were on a club trip somewhere and stole a cab (lol), or played up at the airport on the way back from an away game, fair enough, but this is a personal bit of banter that has been leaked.

Imo, it ain't got anything to do with the club and I don't that 99.9% of the public in that boozer, or looking at the video online would even have a clue who them blokes, unless if they weren't told but even then, I reckon a good 50% would say, who f**** Charlton?

True if this this ain't a club event organised by the company (the club) and organised by employees outside ours who are friends within the club going off their own bat then the cluc has not anything to answer for. If employees of McDonalds went on a night out organised by the employees and they are not wearing company uniform would McDonalds have anything to answer for? Of Course not.
  • Options

Most of the old boys that seem to have a real problem with this grew up in an era of football where some players turned up to the games pissed. But then it was alright back then. I can imagine some of the terminology weren’t far of that used last year either. The good old days.

Ha, could you imagine the thread if one of the players got their shot gun out like old Killer did (allegedly).
  • Options

I would have thought that for any professional sportsman to get so drunk is not a good idea as it can affect their performance (no double entendre intended).

I thought that professional athletes were supposed to be very careful with what they put into their bodies.

homophobe
  • Options

Really?
  • Options

As someone who hates the Sun newspaper I don't think that is the issue. I think it reflects badly on the comedy club Charlton Athletic and present and ex players in that video. And people wonder why gay players don't come out when 20th century banter lives and breaths. Is there any man on this thread who thinks calling a team mates mum a slag is acceptable ?

No idea how old you are or if it's just the mates i hang around with, but i'm pretty sure there's not a single one of our group who's not had one of their mum's abused (in piss taking terms) by the rest of the group. It's just standard banter growing up. No one ever took it too personally.
    It must be a generation thing then. In my youth mates mums got a bit of respect.
    In your day casual racism and homophobia was acceptable, so I’d say we’ve made a net gain from your day.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

You couldn't make it up.
    If that was the case and it was more than 7 days before the next game then it negates my anger on the professionalism aspect of the incident.
  • Options
    Glad I don't have any 'mates' like that, although in reality they're more work colleagues.
    What a bunch of ignorant pricks, Charlton or not.