Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

League 1 scores

Comments

• Lincoln & Donny keep winning, Ipswich and Pompey keep losing ,, Hull lose the first for a long time .. Accy Stanley back to winning ways
  • And Accy have just the five games in hand on us
  • Accy will have one massive pile up of games, and I assume, a small squad.  Will be interesting to see if they last the course.

Who is upfront for Rochdale?  Anyone worth looking at in the summer?  They score loads.
  • Accy will have one massive pile up of games, and I assume, a small squad.  Will be interesting to see if they last the course.

Who is upfront for Rochdale?  Anyone worth looking at in the summer?  They score loads.
    Yeah, I do wonder if Accrington will drop off and not finish in play offs. Hell of a lot of games to play between now and end of season. We’ve seen how we’ve not coped with continuous 3 game week schedules.
  • February and March are going to be interesting...

Accrington have eight games to play in each of those two months

We've still got to play the re-arranged game against Bristol Rovers whilst the home game against Crewe should be postponed (International Break) but at the moment we've got five games in February, seven games in March
  • With so many teams having games in hand over us it's hard to work out our real position....
  • Somewhere, right now... @Sage is probably sitting in his living room smoking one big fat cigar

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55713923
  • Rochdale 3 Oxford 3, they do like a goal or two in their games
    Finished 3-4
    Cant wait for us to face Rochdale on Saturday week :|
  • With so many teams having games in hand over us it's hard to work out our real position....
    I will happily and confidently say we won’t finish anywhere below 9th. Only three outside play offs who could finish above us our Sunderland, Accrington and Oxford. 

League table looks like junior football when one team had finished the season and the other could still win it when they’ve only played 1/3 of their matches. 

Easy thing for Charlton is just to keep winning our matches and hopefully by April time when the catch up games our played we have a bit of a buffer.
  • Plymouth are back on form and putting a nice little run together, they could be an outside bet for the play offs.
  • Sponsored links:

I will happily and confidently say we won’t finish anywhere below 9th. Only three outside play offs who could finish above us our Sunderland, Accrington and Oxford. 

League table looks like junior football when one team had finished the season and the other could still win it when they’ve only played 1/3 of their matches. 

Easy thing for Charlton is just to keep winning our matches and hopefully by April time when the catch up games our played we have a bit of a buffer.
    Hadn’t realised Oxford league form, last 10 games: 6 wins, 3 draws, 1 loss. 

Those 6 wins have all been in a row. 
  • Plymouth are back on form and putting a nice little run together, they could be an outside bet for the play offs.
    It's bad for the nerves except if you're a neutral .. this division has quite a few decent teams this year .. I suspect the wage cap has had/is having a lot to do with it .. I am enjoying it (except when we are shown right up)

Hadn’t realised Oxford league form, last 10 games: 6 wins, 3 draws, 1 loss. 

Those 6 wins have all been in a row. 
    And tonight they were losing at HT yet scored a 92nd minute winner.

Stuff of Golfie's dreams. :smile:

• I'm baffled by Ipswich. Had half a year last season when it looked like they would bounce straight back, then slumped to outside the playoffs, and this season they're bang average too, consistently losing against the better teams. I'm amazed Lambert is still in the job

It's bad for the nerves except if you're a neutral .. this division has quite a few decent teams this year .. I suspect the wage cap has had/is having a lot to do with it .. I am enjoying it (except when we are shown right up)
    Last season was similar though. Obviously skewed by finishing prematurely, but Posh finished 7th, Sunderland 8th, Donnie 9th and Ipswich 11th, all teams you'd have expected to be top 6
  • Portsmouth last 3 league games
    Lost 4-0
    Lost 1-0
    Lost 1-0

Won 4-0
    Lost 4-0
    Lost 1-0

The same player who scored two own goals on Saturday also got himself sent off tonight with over an hour to go. I suspect that they will still be competing for automatic promotion at the end of the season.
  • Portsmouth last 3 league games
    Lost 4-0
    Lost 1-0
    Lost 1-0

Won 4-0
    Lost 4-0
    Lost 1-0

The same player who scored two own goals on Saturday also got himself sent off tonight with over an hour to go. I suspect that they will still be competing for automatic promotion at the end of the season.
    Ah sorry! The app had the Lincoln result twice so thought it was back to back 1-0.
  • Somewhere, right now... @Sage is probably sitting in his living room smoking one big fat cigar

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55713923
    Damn right n all if I had one 😂

Hopefully a future loan. Gallen needs to listen to me more often :wink:
  • We just have to keep winning and see what happens. With so many in the running there'll be games each week with these teams playing each other.

Us winning and them drawing would be ideal.
  • stonemuse said:
    Pompey with 3 now
    My Pompey mate says we are a cert for promotion, a bit of kidology from him.

Remember a lot of pompey fans wanted Jacket out at the end of last and at the start of this season. Obviously payed for them to keep him on, a lesson some of our fans may need to get a grip off.
    We're a bit of a bogey side for them though.

In our last 18 league meetings the record is Charlton 13 wins, 2 draws, Portsmouth 3 wins.
  • Sponsored links:

• We need to put a run of wins together and we will be right in the mix. Saturday is a massive game.
  • edited January 2021
    We need to put a run of wins together and we will be right in the mix. Saturday is a massive game.
    If we can get 26 wins, 10 draws, 10 defeats and 88 points we'd be in with a great shout of automatic.

Would of course mean we need to win 15 and draw 3 of the last 21 games though. Very tough, but not impossible if Inniss and Famewo return soon. We can but dream.
  • A win on Saturday could launch us into something but we are going to have to play better than we did yesterday to go on the sort of run needed.
  • It'll be interesting seeing the other L1 matches tomorrow as there have been a fair number of moves concerning players who've played for us or nearly played for us

Bogle and Bostock for Doncaster (away at Lincoln)
    Smyth for Accrington (away at Plymouth)
    David Davis for Shrewsbury (home to Posh)
  • Hull 1-0 Swindon
    Lincoln 0-1 Doncaster 
  • edited January 2021
    No Bogle or Bostock for Doncaster today
    Smyth on the bench for Accrington
  • No Bogle or Bostock for Doncaster today
    Bogle has COVID
  • Oxford 1 nil up over Fleetwood. Helped by Fleetwood going down to 10 men after 6 minutes!
  • Oxford Tie have charged up the league looks like they are going to win their 7th win in a row up 1-0 against Fleetwood, 3 points behind us with a couple of games in hand.
  • We need an Oxford type of run soon for the playoffs. Impressive stuff from them.