Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Winter Olympics 2018

Comments

• Options
    Hate to say but by the looks of the back skate, it does look as though she's about to go down regardless
  • Options
    That’s a joke.

So if you get taken out in any of the previous rounds, you advance to the next round regardless. Get taken out in the final, you get fuck all. Makes sense.

• Options
    Really enjoyed the men's relay.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Thank god the snow boarding events are coming to their conclusion.
    Can’t stand it, as to me it’s just a load of people for the most part doing circus tricks on a piece of wood/fibre glass!
    Sorry folks, I’m a winter sports purist.
    The real true sport is skiing.......no ifs or buts.

Of all the Olympic disciplines to lambast, you choose...one of the exciting ones?
    Oh......really!
  • Options

Leuth said:

Can’t stand it, as to me it’s just a load of people for the most part doing circus tricks on a piece of wood/fibre glass!

Of all the Olympic disciplines to lambast, you choose...one of the exciting ones?
    Oh......really!
    It's skateboarding on ice.
  • Options
    So another British speed skater falls over on the ice after her three fellow competitors didn't even make it past the heats.

It's the British taxpayers who have 'sponsored' her chosen lifestyle for the past four years who should be crying.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

So another British speed skater falls over on the ice after her three fellow competitors didn't even make it past the heats.

It's the British taxpayers who have 'sponsored' her chosen lifestyle for the past four years who should be crying.

Seeing that we rarely win anything at the Winter Olympics I'm guessing her funding will come from Sponsorship deals etc. Tax funded sports are only those that guarantee a medal at the Olympics

But hey ho
  • Options
    Anyone who saw Shaun White just then and who still claims to find snowboarding dull is a liaaarrrr
  • Options
    Ouch that fall looked nasty.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Insane from Hirano. Hope his stricken teammate is ok
  • Options
    And there it is
  • Options
    Wakey wakey lads. Muirhead and Sloan are on bbc 1 now.
  • Options

Leuth said:

Oh......really!
    It's skateboarding on ice.
    exactly. what's not to like??
  • Options
    I think some people don't give a shit unless there's a British competitor, which is a really cool and healthy attitude
  • Options
    Leuth said:

I think some people don't give a shit unless there's a British competitor, which is a really cool and healthy attitude

Depends on how exciting the Sport is... Snowboard and Ski Cross is an event we dont have a chance of winning a medal yet will still really enjoy watching it - Having a British Competitor will just add to the excitement
  • Options
    Bronze for Issy Atkin in slopestyle
  • Options
    Awesome from Izzy Atkin!

Slopestyle is my favourite event and the men’s overnight tonight should be awesome. James Woods has got a really good chance of getting on the podium, although a win may be a bit far with Henrik Harlaut in the field!
  • Options
    Of course they saw it. The woman who did it was put last. Normally, that would have got Christie a medal but with five in the final it only got her up to fourth.
  • Options
    Good lord, our womens team gb curlers are lush aren't they!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Are the Winter Olympics only on Eurosport, and what time does it usually all kick off? thanks.
  • Options

Are the Winter Olympics only on Eurosport, and what time does it usually all kick off? thanks.

On bbc
  • Options
    Now
  • Options
    How unlucky was Christie there? Christ
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

not at all according to the judges, she was penalised for causing the crash
  • Options
    The biggest choker in British history since Henman. Even her Hungarian boyfriend brought down half the field in his final.
  • Options
    She seems to spend more time on her arse than actually skating.
  • Options
    rina said:

cafc4life said:

not at all according to the judges, she was penalised for causing the crash
    She did seem to go really close in while trying to overtake.

Is she the equivalent of a late breaking racing driver? Sometimes it comes off but it's risky?
  • Options

The biggest choker in British history since Henman. Even her Hungarian boyfriend brought down half the field in his final.

BURN THE WITCH
  • Options
    Go Lizzy.