Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Winter Olympics 2018

Comments

• This skating this morning has been mad. Almost every race someone goes crashing out.

Makes it difficult for the officials to see who's at fault for each crash. With that comes Some questionable decisions.
  • Highlights so far are one of our speed skaters, last by half a lap, falls over on a bend with no one else around her and one of our luge guys hits the wall before he's even left the start zone.

They make Eddie The Eagle look like a highly tuned professional.

Oh and the fact that the BBC have more staff out there covering the Olympics than GB have in competitors.
  • Addickted said:

Highlights so far are one of our speed skaters, last by half a lap, falls over on a bend with no one else around her and one of our luge guys hits the wall before he's even left the start zone.

They make Eddie The Eagle look like a highly tuned professional.

Oh and the fact that the BBC have more staff out there covering the Olympics than GB have in competitors.

BBC have been trying but for GB there's nothing really to shout about in the winter Olympics so I don't have to put up with all that sickly biased focus on GB competitors like I have to do for the summer Olympics. same for most of our media. its one of the reason I enjoy the winter one much more. that and I'm more interested in the sports anyway.
  • Watch Eurosport’s coverage instead.
  • Where’s the snow has to be the biggest question
  • Tremendous performance from Andrew Musgrave in the first of the Cross Country races today - 7th! That is an incredible result - absolutely incredible for a Brit to do so well in this sport....I hope he gets some regognition for that.
  • Oakster said:

Tremendous performance from Andrew Musgrave in the first of the Cross Country races today - 7th! That is an incredible result - absolutely incredible for a Brit to do so well in this sport....I hope he gets some regognition for that.

Wasn't even his best event (out of the ones he's entered into) by the sound of things...

29th was our best finish in that event prior to then
  • The Korean females dressed in red, " Armies of beauties" are a carbon copy of each other. 200 plus women to this western eye who appear the same. Is this a racist statement or have the North Koreans reached "the boys from Brazil" status ?
  • To clarify the commentator said they are from the north.
  • Sponsored links:

• New OR for Christie in the speed skating
  • I don't know much about winter sports, but the Skeleton always amazes me. Going head first down an icy slope at high speed on a tea tray. Absolute nutters!
  • Christie in the final but in lane 4 of 5. Apparently will be difficult from there to win and it could get messy.

It’s great to watch.
  • Has Addick Lizzy competed yet?
  • Agree, the 500 speed skating is a great spectacle. Christie must get a good start to medal. Having 5 in the final will be messy. She has skill, but will need luck as well now.
  • Thank god the snow boarding events are coming to their conclusion.
    Can’t stand it, as to me it’s just a load of people for the most part doing circus tricks on a piece of wood/fibre glass!
    Sorry folks, I’m a winter sports purist.
    The real true sport is skiing.......no ifs or buts.
  • LenGlover said:

Has Addick Lizzy competed yet?

Don't think so. The bobsleigh comes after the luge and skeleton.
  • LenGlover said:

Lizzy is doing the Skeleton
  • There she goes again
  • Its a shame she got put into Lane Four as she always had to take the risk

Even bigger shame, the fact she was one of the fastest in every round yet because she came second once she got stuck on the outside - Surely would be better to have the placings based on the average time from each round for the athlete

Would then force all of them to go flat out rather than someone taking it easier in the heats etc. because they've got an easy draw and so can reserve a bit more of their energy
  • Sponsored links:

• You all missed some incredible stuff last night - Chloe Kim basically reinventing women's snowboarding for a start
  • Watching all this and the interview is a real deja vu feeling. Can't believe it was 4 years ago.
    Can’t stand it, as to me it’s just a load of people for the most part doing circus tricks on a piece of wood/fibre glass!

The Snowboard cross is pretty good though - in fact a lot of the winter sports should be mass start events. Would love to see the Luge or Skeleton if all the competitors went at once - first one down wins.
  • Yeah the snowboard and ski cross events are brilliant! Looking forward to them both...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2biE7TTdpLQ
  • Its a shame both are in the middle of the week rather than the weekend

Apart from the Short Track Skating... the two Cross events are the best in the Olympics
  • The Canadian doris should never have been in the final in the first place. Can’t have 5 skaters in the final. I’d be well pissed off if I was Christie.
  • Agree, the 500 speed skating is a great spectacle. Christie must get a good start to medal. Having 5 in the final will be messy. She has skill, but will need luck as well now.

Having watched the final, you got it spot on. Fast start was needed and ended up chasing a medal. Hard luck on her part but sadly part of 500 speed skating

Of all the Olympic disciplines to lambast, you choose...one of the exciting ones?
  • LenGlover said:

Lizzy is doing the Skeleton
    Of course she is. I'm an idiot.