Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Weirdest thing a colleague has done

Comments

• Options

In the early Eighties, Peter, a surveyor at work was demoted and dumped into our section. He was a bit of an oddball, in his 60s, pasty grey skin, thin as a rake, dressed like a tramp, and used to spend his lunch break rummaging for food in bins and drinking the dregs of people's tea over the road at Victoria station. He lived like a recluse and we never saw him spend any money. It was rumoured he was a millionaire. He didn't really speak to anyone while in our office.

We had a Polish woman, Theresa, working in the office. She regularly went over to visit family and was over there when the Solidarity uprising began. Unfortunately for her she went over using her Polish passport rather than her UK one. Martial law was declared and she wasn't allowed to leave the country.

After she had been over there for a week, we came in the next Monday to discover Peter wasn't in. No one thought anything of it until our boss told us he had travelled over to Poland with her UK passport and they were due back on the Thursday. How he got it we don't know as they had never spoken at work.

Thursday came and went with no sign of them so the rumour mill went into overdrive. On the Friday, me and my mate Jerry hatched a plan as a joke. Our mate Robby who was off with a broken leg, could do a perfect impersonation of Peter. We got him to phone up our supervisor and say he had been arrested, was being kept under armed guard in his hotel and his passport had been confiscated. He kept the conversation going for 20 minutes while me and Jerry were pissing ourselves laughing as we listened on another extension. Robby ended the call without letting on it was a joke. we were so busy laughing, we didn't see our supervisor leave the room.

When he came back 20 minutes later, he told us he had spoken to one of the directors and the Foreign Office had been notified! We spent another 20 minutes trying to convince him it had been a joke but he refused to believe us. We only convinced him when we called Robby, who then did his impersonation. The blokes face dropped and he rushed back out of the office to tell the director. Me and Jerry got hauled upstairs later expecting to be sacked but the director thought it was hilarious. He had pulled a few strings with some establishment mates to sort it out. Told us to tell everyone we had got a right bollocking and left it at that.

Peter and Theresa returned to work the next week. Neither of them ever spoke about what had happened and never even spoke to each other in the office, so we let our imaginations run riot. I started up a cartoon strip featuring him as a James Bond type character, it had a readership of hundreds! When he found out, he went to a police station asking to have me arrested for defamation of character! He got laughed out of the nick.
    I still wonder what actually happened.

Just goes to show you never know who will step up.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Used to work for a double glazing company. One guy looked like Will from the inbetweeners and ended up being abducted and kept locked in a room by another colleague for a couple of weeks. That was weird.

You were never charged, we're you?
  • Options
    3blokes said:

Years back I worked with this bloke, who was in charge of the office, who was a decent funny guy, but who had a small bag of mini cheddars in his desk drawer, and would sneakily eat one, whenever he thought no one was looking. What made it a bit bizarre, was that none of us gave two fucks whether he was eating anything or not, he could have been eating a pineapple whole for all I cared, but if you asked him something after he had put a mini cheddar in his mouth, he would pretend he had nothing in his gob. The result was a mumbled, awkward, there’s-nothing-in-my-mouth reply, for no reason I could ever work out.
    Maybe they were laced with an illegal substance, or the poor bastard was just really hungry, but the point was he had no need to be secretive, as I say, he could have been eating a raw cow, for all we cared.
    It was something that so did not matter, that it seemed somehow more significant precisely because of that.
    We sadly lost contact after the restraining order he got, preventing me from following him home to watch from his greenhouse what he was eating in his kitchen ( the binoculars were brilliant ) but we all move on, I guess :neutral:

Sure they weren't amareto biscuits
  • Options
    Spent a few years in the forces, might be best I don't remember a few drunken stories, needless to say both hilarious (at the time) and equally revolting
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Happened only a week or so ago.

Girl mid 20s at work. Spins around in her chair and accidentally kicks her rucksack over. It was open and out falls a massive vibrator. You know those rampant rabbit types.

Only me and one other guy saw it... we haven't stopped laughing about it yet. She asked us to keep it quiet and has avoided us ever since.

.....that’s a classic. I’d be asking her out for sure, sounds like she could be fun....
    Clear it with the wife first,
  • Options
    edited January 2018

DA9 said:

I remember my Mrs telling me about one incident years ago, when she was swinging around on her chair, knocked her bag over and her rabbit fell out.

Was she a magician?
    No, but you should have seen her wizard's sleeve.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheers Charlton Bob
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    blimey.........are these all true or have I just been transported into the future and its April 1st ??

I've worked in various offices over a 30 year period and nothing comes close to any of these.

keep 'em coming..........
  • Options

I once disassembled my mates bike right down to the last nut and bolt, put in in a large sack and stuck it under his desk. My colleagues told me he wouldn’t find it funny but I thought he would.
    They were correct, he was livid.
    Anyway he was a Palarse supporter so I thought he was fair game to be wound up.

Huh ? Really ???? :smile:
  • Options

Cheers Charlton Bob

Why not just tell the story ?
  • Options
    Stories mate, plural no singular