Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post match views: Charlton vs Walsall

123457»

Comments

• Options

Just an update for those who care, little Nigel has been rechristened “Louis”. This was nothing to with me and as far as I am aware he has no journalistic tendencies.

So still named after a Nigel then...? ;)
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Watched the full game on Valley Pass - Walsall set up to nullify Reeves and pressure Solly, it worked for periods of the game, but it seemed to create space for Marshall, Mav and Mag - They set up all wrong.

As soon as Fosu came on he rinsed them time and time again and clicked so well with Mav that the contest was almost immediately over when he came on.

Is Valley Pass now showing games? I thought it was only commentary apart from the games in Ireland.
  • Options
    We are doing really well with three wins in a row, but if we carry on like this KR will win manager of the month, and we know what that means, a run of losses :smiley:
  • Options

good win that, and a run of winnable games coming up, including some teams around us rotherham being the one that sticks out as a definate chance to put a bit of breathing space between us and the chasing pack. 54 points up for grabs still so until its not mathematically possible i wont rule anything out.

the next 5 are;

blackpool a
    oxford h
    doncaster a
    bradford h
    mk dons a

3 wins
    1 draw
    1 loss

is what i can see from them games if we play how we did on saturday.

Who do you see beating us? - Be surprised if we dont lose one of those yet not sure who it might be myself... Bradford I reckon wont take three points from the Valley
    Biggest threat there imo is Doncaster away

Blackpool , Oxford, Franchise and Bradford are all in bad form. Might be a bit optimistic by me but I reckon we don't lose any of those and gain an 11 point return minimum
    Oxford and MK Dons could be a threat too

Doncaster were a good side when they visited the Valley and maybe deserved a point, Oxford the same appear to be a right nuisance going by the last three results.

MK Dons were pants at the Valley yet I never like going to Stadium:MK!!
    Oxford results not great, just sacked manager. Could have a rough second half of season, ditto MK Dons. Blackpool is Blackpool, we know how much they've been through and Bradford are on a very bad run with a lot of fans calling for a change up. Again I know its very optimistic but I think the timing is right, we are on a little win streak and facing sides who are well out of form and we have a couple of new signings in time for the games. I'm hopeful that by the end of March we will be a solidified play off side.

My biggest concern is the end of the season, we have Pompey away, Blackburn at home and Scunthorpe at home. Those games could and probably will be massive for us.
    It's possible that we will be safe in the playoff positions by the time we reach the Blackburn game anyway.
    Of course, but let's say if Bradford get back on it and Peterborough and Rotherham carry on getting results we will be in a proper scrap potentially.

Out of the promotion contenders we have left to face it's Peterborough, Rotherham, Blackburn, Portsmouth, Bradford, Blackburn, Shrewsbury and Scunthorpe. I think the timing is very good for our remaining fixtures and I'm predicting we finish 5th. Wigan champs, Blackburn runners up. Shrewsbury third, Scunthorpe 4th us 5th and Rotherham 6th.
    Apart from Posh and Pompey, our other matches against promotion/playoff contenders are all at home.
    That makes them '6-pointers'.

Obviously we need to be in good form and we musn't lose, but if we pick up wins against these clubs we could put yet ourselves in a really good position.

All to play for.

• Options

Dazzler21 said:

Watched the full game on Valley Pass - Walsall set up to nullify Reeves and pressure Solly, it worked for periods of the game, but it seemed to create space for Marshall, Mav and Mag - They set up all wrong.

As soon as Fosu came on he rinsed them time and time again and clicked so well with Mav that the contest was almost immediately over when he came on.

Is Valley Pass now showing games? I thought it was only commentary apart from the games in Ireland.
    He didn't watch it live. Goals, highlights and entire games (only home games, and only if we win I think) shown on VP.