Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post match views: Charlton vs Walsall

Comments

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Tremendous. We looked rock n roll last 20 minutes.

They are a good side make no mistake about it.

The difference when Reeves went off was tangible. The speed and athleticism of Fosu makes him such a threat.

*Lennon will get pelters on here from sum but for those who didn’t see the game know that the lad didnt hide. He continually wanted the ball and threw himself at everything. I like him.

No they’re not, they’re 16th in league 1
    They're probably a better side than 16th position suggests.
    It's a very tight mid-table. Maybe under achieving?

They did have us rattled for a while, looked good going forward, even struck the bar and for a while made Amos work for his wages.
    Even after letting in 3 today, their GD is only -4.

They hit the bar because of some awful defending on our end that let them through on goal.

Walsall didn't strike me as a team that good to be honest. Better than some that have been sown here this season, but nothing that we should be too threatened by.
  • Options
    Mavididididididididdididi absolute quality. Aribo absolute quality. Pleased with Marshall today thought he looked a lot more interested. Reeves wasn't much today.

All in all very pleased with today. The song " I'm into something good " sums today up well
  • Options

If their 10 played for us (Oztumer?) wed have won that 7 nil.

Best player I have seen at the valley for a long time for us or anyone else.

Fck mine, just realised he was with us for 8 years in academy and born in Greenwich

And that's not a 'whyd we let him go comment' just didn't recognise his name as being with us
  • Options

Look what happens when you play 4-4-2

Was it 4-4-2? Watching the stream Mavididi played deeper and out wide, I assumed it was the usual 4-2-31.
  • Options
    We played 4-2-3-1 with Stephy and Reeves/Fosu on the wings and Aribo down the middle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Terrific game I thought and high quality for this division.

Roberts and Oztumer were excellent for Walsall but Fosu, Malvididi and Dasilva were excellent for us too.

Only negatives were Aribo hiding again making us effectively a ten man side in the second half and Lennon's mistake (he otherwise had a good game). Solly didn't look himself either.

We see to have got our mojo back a bit.

• Options

If their 10 played for us (Oztumer?) wed have won that 7 nil.

Best player I have seen at the valley for a long time for us or anyone else.

Been wanting us to sign him for the last 18 months.
  • Options
    I enjoyed the match...Loads of chances and with decent strikers it should been a lot more goals. But a win is a win and 3 points. All we need now is for the take over to happen.

RolandOut!
  • Options
    Agreed about Oztumer. He wasn’t their only decent player.

I love football. I love this forum. But people scoring Reeves higher than Marshall??? I’m trying to give Reeves the benefit of the doubt but I don’t think he is good enough. You can’t be a professional football just because every now and then you do a Cruyff turn.
  • Options
    A deserved win against a decent side who gave us a few problems.

Defensively we looked shakey. Lennon and Konsa were often trying to slow the game down too much and got caught out.

2nd half and we go 442 and we looked so much better, create more and have more urgency.

In a large part that was down to Fosu-Henry but the formation also means Mavididi down the middle where he is much more of a threat. Second CAFC goal was clearly an OG but we couldn't score ourselves. Mag in particular was guilty but others were also off target.

Reeves still no convincing even if he lives in the next road to me I hear. So much better without him even if he did play a couple of good passes.

Closing the gap on 5th and on a good run but need Pearce back and either a new centre forward or the old Mag back.

A few "We want Roland Out" chants but somehow we still won, amazing.

Had Aribo for first goal in my bet so happy about that
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Look what happens when you play 4-4-2

Was it 4-4-2? Watching the stream Mavididi played deeper and out wide, I assumed it was the usual 4-2-31.
    That's what I thought
  • Options
    Looked like we went 4-4-2 when Fosu came on and this changed the game completely.

We must play somebody up with Josh and Mavididi fits the roll perfectly. Fosu was outstanding for his 40 minutes and it really showed how much we missed him. Josh really needs a goal.

Aribo looked comfortable and Marshall had a better second half. My problem with him is that he doesn't deliver quickly enough and seems to want to beat another player when early delivery would prove more effective.

We need one of our experienced centre backs back before we play a top team.

Onwards and upwards oh and by the way fuck off Roland.

• Options
    One Lifer will be especially tonight, having cleaned up on Valley Gold. Bloody Brexiteer too :-)
  • Options
    Played some lovely stuff in the last 35 minutes - Fosu and Mavididi were excellent. Reeves was almost invisible and Marshall looked dangerous.

We should have scored more - Magennis can't get a break at the moment. I thought he played okay today.

Defensively we need to tighten up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Walsall were a very nice footballing side who couldn't defend. Perfect opposition for us
  • Options

Oztumer was everywhere for them today, it did show at the end though as he tired and started to make some mistakes.

Jay DeSilva is going to be a massive miss for us when he goes.

Wonder what the chances will be of him coming back again if we do get up into the Championship - Surely it'll be a huge benefit to Chelsea

E.g. He's gone up a level and he's spent 2.5 seasons with one club so is sticking to the same system etc.
  • Options
    satsuma27 said:

Magennis should think about becoming a rugby player because he's no footballer,that 1 on 1 miss when he shot straight at the keeper was dreadful. Fosu was fantastic when he came on, if he keeps playing like that, then Ricky who?. Mavididi.. good, a touch greedy, from where I was sitting both those goals looked like own goals to me, but I like him. Marshall wasn't amazing but played his best match I've seen so far. I was soaking wet, and freezing cold, but thank God it was worth it. Full credit to Robinson for getting results with all this takeover business going on. Play offs are a definite possibility.

Or more likely, if he keeps playing like that..........then he'll be sold as well.
  • Options
    Great performance, looks like Lennon, and Marshall are the new whipping boysI thought the both did well.
  • Options
    @PaddyP17 ... Spot on with Magennis

The miss had it been KAG would have seen him crucified on here yet Josh was a menace with their Defence...
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Disappointed that I could not make the match after my delayed flight.

It’s a great feeling winning and playing well. Especially, enjoy looking forward to ever Charlton match. Let’s catch Bradford first and then see what happens after that.

COYR