Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cryptos

Comments

• Options
    cafcpolo said:
    Fellow Zillonaire's I am starting to get a bit spooked by Zil's performance. It's by far been the worst performer in my portfolio, and wondering if I should continue to HOD'L or look at moving it?

Anyone have any firm views? 
    The worst performer? It's done 900% in the last 6 months! What are you holding that is making it look so bad?

For me, ZIL is long term so I'd HODL...I think you'll get maybe another 2-3x out of it in the next 6 months.
    Finally staked my zil today, considering selling off my ADA and topping it up 
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    Fellow Zillonaire's I am starting to get a bit spooked by Zil's performance. It's by far been the worst performer in my portfolio, and wondering if I should continue to HOD'L or look at moving it?

The worst performer? It's done 900% in the last 6 months! What are you holding that is making it look so bad?

For me, ZIL is long term so I'd HODL...I think you'll get maybe another 2-3x out of it in the next 6 months.
    Yeah the worst performer for me since I started investing (which has not been long at all). I guess it's just frustrating when you see other coins you thought about investing in instead doing well and ZIL slowly slipping down. 

I'll continue to HOD'L though. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Evening all. My daughter and I have just started to dabble in the crypto world. Any advice would be really welcome. We've put jus a few hundred pounds into SafeMoon and ElonGate and have turned in an increase of 400 per cent so far (expecting to lose all the money so won't be panicking if they go down. We have about a billion tokens in total :).

We also have a few hundred pounds spread across Cardan, Ethereal, XRP and BTT Bittorrent. Will let you know how it goes :).

This time next year Rodney......... 😉.

Is the a glossary anywhere?, as struggling with the wierd teminology being used!.

Cheers
    Good place to start would be page 1 on here
    I appreciate that shine166
    Hope it didn't come across pissy, I read the full thread recently and it's very informative 
    No mate, I appreciated your comment 👍. I've been reading the thread for the last 6 months or so to try and understand it. But going back to the beginning of the thread helps because others I'm sure will have asked the questions I have.
    It's the phrases and strange comments that I'm trying to understand. It has a language of its own ;).
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    cafcpolo said:

Good work, using Moonlet? Be careful how often you claim rewards & restake, it can have a bit of an impact on earnings depending on your pot size. The smaller the pot the longer you should wait.

As a rough guide, 1mil ZIL claim daily, 100k ZIL claim weekly, 10k ZIL claim monthly.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    cafcpolo said:
    shine166 said:
    cafcpolo said:

Good work, using Moonlet? Be careful how often you claim rewards & restake, it can have a bit of an impact on earnings depending on your pot size. The smaller the pot the longer you should wait.

As a rough guide, 1mil ZIL claim daily, 100k ZIL claim weekly, 10k ZIL claim monthly.
    Yeah moonlet and im in the monthly bracket, I'm sitting on them for at least 6 months so makes sense to stake. $1 would see me sell up, im averaging around .12.

• Options
    cafcpolo said:

Yeah the worst performer for me since I started investing (which has not been long at all). I guess it's just frustrating when you see other coins you thought about investing in instead doing well and ZIL slowly slipping down. 

I'll continue to HOD'L though. 
    Ahhh, fair enough. Defo get that frustration then. Luckily my average is about $0.004 so for me it's been my best performer by a long way.

For me it's a long term HODL. Thinking 3-5 years. Next bitcoin halving should be in 2024, so at the peak of the following bull run, all being well, expect to see a massive ZIL sell order go through!

Unless of course the ZIL - ETH bridge that's coming causes it to explode and we also get a coinbase listing. Then I could be out within 6 months.
  • Options
    GRT has had a juicy breakout this morning
  • Options
    who sold all their ROOK, put it into ETH just before ROOK pumped 25% and ETH got rejected at ATH? This guy.
  • Options
    who sold all their ROOK, put it into ETH just before ROOK pumped 25% and ETH got rejected at ATH? This guy.
    whenever this happens to dampen the pain i watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRXdxiot5JM
  • Options
    Strong start today.  XRP continuing to smash it 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WCres smashes through $50, that’s a 10x from when I bought it at $5 back in December.
  • Options
    WCres smashes through $50, that’s a 10x from when I bought it at $5 back in December.
    Nice work. 

Seen some gains today, my portfolio is up 260% now. 
  • Options
    Fly ADA fly 
  • Options
    $63k Bitcoin 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Need to look into it a bit more to make sure it's all kosher, but on a quick read Kadena looks interesting... Strong team fronted by 2 people that led JP Morgan's Blockchain centre of excellence and advised by Stuart Haber who coinvented blockchain technology. Scalable blockchain with sharding and over 8,000 tps... And best of all, market cap just shy of 78mil
    When am I going to start taking my own advise ffs this is up 321% in the last 30 days
  • Options
    coinbase IPO today, ethereum berlin upgrade tomorrow. Should be a good few days.
  • Options
    coinbase IPO today, ethereum berlin upgrade tomorrow. Should be a good few days.
    Certainly going to be interesting!

Cant figure out best way to buy $COIN here. Hargreaves Landsdown have said they won’t be dealing with it until after the initial auction period. 
  • Options
    that went well

• Options
    Bought some litecoin today.  Any thoughts? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BalladMan said:
    that went well

Still worth more than the company that owns the NYSE
  • Options
    BalladMan said:
    that went well

I'd say it did... The reference price was 250 bucks 
  • Options
    Berlin update live and Gwei prices are back to a fairly reasonable ish level. Bring on the London update! 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Bought some litecoin today.  Any thoughts? 
    Perfect timing. I’m on this too. Expecting a big move - about to move out of a bullish pennant 
  • Options

This is pretty much a carbon copy of 2017!
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

This is pretty much a carbon copy of 2017!
    saw this tweet! Very cool
  • Options
    I have 1 Litecoin from 2017, are you telling me I'm going to the moon? 
  • Options
    I have 1 Litecoin from 2017, are you telling me I'm going to the moon? 
    Well you’re probably well up, maybe double what you originally paid for it! 

Me thinks dodo is looking pretty good right now. Trying not to look at how well rook is going... might be a bit like my chain link in terms of pain. 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    BalladMan said:
    that went well

I'd say it did... The reference price was 250 bucks 
    but no retail investors could buy it at 250 as far as I am aware.  Was expecting a lot more volatility on the day due to the interest, but pretty boring in the end (day 2 not much better for excitement).   I think I'll stick to Crypto...
  • Options
    Now holding BTC, ETH, ADA, LINK, THETA, LITECOIN, ZIL, RSR and XRP