Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Billy clarkes season is over

Comments

• Dreadful blow, wish him a speedy recovery.

Let’s hope Reeves steps up to the plate, whatever that means.
  • The whole of the midfield 5 that started the season now out injured.

Our bloody luck!
  • Season over I fear. Yes it’s a bad injury list but when you go into a season with such a small squad then you get what you deserve. Thanks again Roland and Katrien.
  • Essex_Al said:

The whole of the midfield 5 that started the season now out injured.

Our bloody luck!

You make your own luck. Bar Clarke's injury all the other injuries are preventable
  • edited December 2017
    thought watt was out on loan, plus the pics are too big.
  • shirty5 said:

Essex_Al said:

The whole of the midfield 5 that started the season now out injured.

Our bloody luck!

You make your own luck. Bar Clarke's injury all the other injuries are preventable
    Really?
  • holy s**t. We are fecked. Not just with Clarke's injury, but losing JFC for a few games, along with Holmes, Kashi & Fosu we don't have a midfield. I rate Aribo but he can't fill 4 places by himself and I really can't see any of the other fringe players being good enough over the next 4 or 5 games to get any points by the time a few players are back.

There goes our season. Best we can hope is a mid table finish & just hope, pray & bribe someone to make sure we don't get sucked into the bottom half as we don't have the mental & physical strength to survive another relegation battle.

Yes, it is that serious.
  • holy s**t. We are fecked. Not just with Clarke's injury, but losing JFC for a few games, along with Holmes, Kashi & Fosu we don't have a midfield. I rate Aribo but he can't fill 4 places by himself and I really can't see any of the other fringe players being good enough over the next 4 or 5 games to get any points by the time a few players are back.

There goes our season. Best we can hope is a mid table finish & just hope, pray & bribe someone to make sure we don't get sucked into the bottom half as we don't have the mental & physical strength to survive another relegation battle.

Yes, it is that serious.

Thank God for the January window!

lol
  • Interesting to see what would happen as Karl stated he doesn't want to be here and wouldn't play, if he does come back then that's enough proof that Roland controls everything;

Think he signed permanently for OH Leuven.

• And to add to players already out, no doubt Konsa will be sold in a couple of weeks.

There's not many 1st XI starting players left standing.

• Sponsored links:

• Gutted for Billy Clarke

A massive injury crisis at the moment. Not bothered about Wigan away, as I've written that one off as a defeat (and I'll be there to make sure) but Blackpool this weekend is a must win match
  • edited December 2017

My solution to that actually would be to try and sign Eoin Doyle on loan at Oldham from Preston with 10 goals in 11 games so far in this very division.

He turned Charlton down in the summer, wanting to stay up North.

Now the word is he's going to sign for Scunthorpe.
  • edited December 2017
    did robinson bring him back too early? same with fosu who is still out?

so even though we have a 'large squad' (only large if the players in it are performing, otherwise its a load of dead wood plus a lot of the players are very similar) both of these players come back possibly too early in their recovery and then both get serious injuries. kashi was overplayed and Robinson's "next dele ali" doesn't get a look in till now after kashi and JFC are both out.

now we need the likes of reeves and marshall to actually get their season going and we need Mag, solly and Holmes (when he's back) to be back on form. and to hope sarr and Konsa (who is supposedly off in January) don't make too many mistakes. and for KAG to be consistent and Best to actually do something useful. still no real signs of goals in the team though.

otherwise as others have said we are screwed. and I think we are.
  • Underrated. He's one of the first names on the team sheet for me and is our most intelligent footballer. Huge loss.

Yes he really does link the midfield and attack so well and something that is so obvious when he is missing.
  • Again with the squad depth thing. I seriously think we need an actual thread on squad depth.

In CM at the start of the season we had Kashi, JFC, Konsa, Aribo, Dijksteel all capable of playing in front of the defence. There was no need to sign Josh Wright then, who would he have replaced in the team? Of course it's bad luck to lose both Kashi and JFC in the same position, one Wright could have played but do we really think he would have signed in August to sit on the bench?

We've also lost Holmes, Fosu, Clarke all at the same time yet we still have Reeves, Marshall and KAG to call on. Again how many players do we deem big enough for a squad?

Some don't seem happy unless we've got 3 players of same quality for every position!

We're missing another striker that's probably about it. My solution to that actually would be to try and sign Eoin Doyle on loan at Oldham from Preston with 10 goals in 11 games so far in this very division.

We need to replace Clarke too no doubt but as others have said now's the time for the likes of Aribo, Dijksteel, KAG etc to all step up.

Agree with a lot of that Martin.

Amos, Solly, Bauer, Perace, Da Silva, Kashi, JFC, Fossu, Clarke, Holmes, Magennis

Phillips, Dijksteel, Konsa, Sarr, Page, Jackson, Aribo, Marshall, Reeves, KAG, Best

90% of all L1 teams would be very happy with that strength in depth!
  • Bad news for the player. Let's hope Billy Clarke comes back leaner and meaner.
  • Gutted for Billy, him and Fosu have been my players of the season so far.

6 of the 11 that started the first game of the season are likely to be out till the new year, I would say our chance of a top 6 spot has now gone.

Season's over before Christmas, Cheers Roland.
  • Sponsored links:

• if theres enough depth then that means its karls fault

i put it as 80% roland 20% karl
  • edited December 2017
    Clarke is a massive loss and was an integral part of making Robinson's formation work.

His earlier absence coincided with our downturn in fortunes.

Survival in the division has become the goal for the season. Promotion is a fantasy now.
  • if theres enough depth then that means its karls fault

Let's look for a scapegoat?

• Oggy Red said:

if theres enough depth then that means its karls fault

Let's look for a scapegoat?

no need

Karl has some strange tactics and Roland doesn't spend

not for one minute defending roland but if karl was happy with summer purchases and hes said im done we dont need anymore - whats the owner meant to do ( get involved like we all dont want him to do ) and make karl sign more players, maybe just maybe karl got it wrong.
  • Gutted for Billy, him and Fosu have been my players of the season so far.

6 of the 11 that started the first game of the season are likely to be out till the new year, I would say our chance of a top 6 spot has now gone.

Season's over before Christmas, Cheers Roland.

I'm not sure how that's exactly Roland's fault.

Where we've been unlucky is that the injuries have gone in waves

Thus we had Reeves and Marshall both out, they come back but now Fosu, Holmes and Clarke are injured

We had 3 CBs out (Lennon, Pearce, Bauer) at the same time, they come back, now both our defensive midfielders are out at the same time.
  • Lee, Lee, Lee Bowyer!
  • We have had so many long term injuries over the last couple of years it does make me wonder how competent are medical / physio team are
  • So, out of form, players dropping with injuries, just clinging to play off spots, losses mounting, more and more chance of League One football again next year if we do not invest reasonably substantially (for a League One club anyway)in Jan which will need shareholder loans.

Add to that local St Truiden elections with a Roland Out candidate later in the year.

Maybe time RD cut his losses took credit for his successes of huge infrastructure improvements, repaying bank debt and leaving the team in a higher position in the division than they were when he bought (conveniently ignoring it is a League lower).

Seriously I do think that with promotion chances slipping he has got to be more willing to cut a deal...hasn’t he?