Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Billy clarkes season is over

Comments

• Big big blow to our season.
  • Ruptured ACL. Gutted for him. Even more need for reinforcements in January....not holding my breath.
  • Gutting, for him and us.
  • Poor chap. Hope he comes back stronger and fitter next season.
  • Oh FFS!
    Better amend that shopping list that you gave to Roland,Karl
    Let's hope for a swift recovery and back stronger next season.
  • Reading the rest of the article on the OS, BASICALLY... our entire squad is fecked. Fosu still out for another month? Imsure he was supposed to be back soon.
  • edited December 2017
    I think arguably more concerning from that article is that JFC picked up a knock and will be out for a couple weeks. Kashi and Holmes are still about a week away, Bauer two, and that Fosu will need another four weeks of rehab.

There's been talk of a paper thin squad, which I don't agree with. But now is the time to show that squad depth by trusting players like Dijksteel and Aribo and KAG to come in and make an impact.
  • The glorified human freezer came in handy then :confused:
  • Sponsored links:

• Who comes in for Reeves when he inevitably gets injured.
  • Reading the rest of the article on the OS, BASICALLY... our entire squad is fecked. Fosu still out for another month? Imsure he was supposed to be back soon.

I said on here a while ago when Fosu’s was about to be announced how bad it was and Christmas was far too early for him.

People have jumped on that Robinson has been optimistic and said Fosu is getting closer, but really with this injury it was pretty much identical to Marshall’s, but maybe slightly worse.

Middle of January we will start to see Fosu. But with no Fosu, Kashi, Clarke, Holmes, Foster-Caskey (our whole midfield at the start of the season) no Bauer, Page etc... we are really going to struggle.

A midfield of:
    Dijksteel Aribo
    Marshall Reeves Ahearne-Grant

Isn’t going to win us any points away at Wigan for example.
  • Massive blow for us and I'm gutted for the fella.
  • shame for that speedy recovery billy, the thing is everyone is getting excited over the transfer window but how many signings take place in jan, anyone in league 1 is settled in there team and would mean us having to buy out contracts etc, and we know how much roland likes spending, i can see maybe 2/3 incomings all of low qaulity/unwanted.
  • All good wishes to Billy who will be sorely missed IMHO.

Agree that we are well & truly fecked now taking the other injuries into consideration.

No doubt KM has alerted her uncle to this situation and he is currently on the phone to Robbo assuring him of mega euros at his disposal once the window opens :smile:

SO glad we're going to Wigan !
  • This is a proper crisis. We'll be lucky to stay in touch with the playoff places. There's a chance some of our talented youngsters might step up, but it'll be the 'physical' sides that they'll struggle against.
  • SDAddick said:

I think arguably more concerning from that article is that JFC picked up a knock and will be out for a couple weeks. Kashi and Holmes are still about a week away, Bauer two, and that Fosu will need another four weeks of rehab.

There's been talk of a paper thin squad, which I don't agree with. But now is the time to show that squad depth by trusting players like Dijksteel and Aribo and KAG to come in and make an impact.

ok thanks roland, nice of you to pop in
    We're in League One. Find me another team who wouldn't miss basically their entire first choice midfield/attack and their best center half. Aribo looked good second half on Saturday, as did Reeves. Marshall did not but we know he has some quality. Dijksteel was not sent out on loan presumably because it was felt he could make an impact, and now is his chance. KAG had been in good form of late. We should be able to out out a side Saturday just about capable of beating Blackpool.

Amos
    Solly Konsa Sarr DaSilva
    ......... Aribo Dijksteel
    Marshall Reeves KAG
    ......... Mag/Best

Obviously not our best aide, but not terrible. And on Saturday Aribo showed something we haven't had this season, the ability to pick the ball up and drive from deep in Central midfield.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2017
    i don't know if its me but sneaking into 6th place in the playoffs to bottle it against shrewsbury isn't progress just sell my club please Roland you ponce, admitedly the guys a complete cnut, but Karl must have some blame if he tells the boss i've got plenty then the boss isn't going to spend on "needless" signings.
  • Awful news for Clarke and with the news if all of those injuries I think it's also our season over. Carry on this poor form over Christmas and Robinson might get the call from Roland
  • Thank goodness we have so many options up front.
  • With the current state of our injuries, creaking squad and poor form I’m thinking that unless something unexpected happens our season could well be over. Sixth place is looking highly unlikely to me now.
  • I cannot believe that it is just bad luck that we continue to be plagued by injuries - it must be something to do with buying injury prone players, training methods or the quality of medical support. If we had a proper CEO something would be done in order to put things right.
  • can just be unlucky but i dont know many teams that buy a player that's not fit to start ( reeves ) and frankly the explanation of he was going to go to Spain is no excuse its lazy scouting.

i think thats the way roland will see it - ive given you x amount you have spent it on them - use what you have.

and if the fans get pissed off ill sack you and get bobby Belgian in
  • Not signing players like josh Wright to bulk the squad up has bitten us on the arse

This, a view people was adamant we did not need another Cm in the summer.