Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anfernee Dijksteel

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Excellent player - really liked him and was shocked how badly last year went for him 
    It says it all about Woodgate that the same "hopeless" players who looked like relegation fodder under Woodgate stayed up under Warnock and that a similar squad are now 7th
    He won 1 game of his last dozen in charge.... yep against our pony lot ffs 
  • Options
    It was good to see how he developed that season Probably not in the squad at the start, then a few games here and there and then first choice right back at the end.
  • Options
    Pleased it worked out well for him. One of the small perks of watching club football at this level is seeing players improve week by week. Can remember him having a nightmare against Southend away under Robbo. Think he got a 3 on the player ratings.

18 months later looked a different player.  
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    He’ll always have a place in my heart for being one of the squad that brought me so much joy in May ‘19.
     It was part of the catalyst of Roland leaving and the world becoming super weird. 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    It was good to see how he developed that season Probably not in the squad at the start, then a few games here and there and then first choice right back at the end.
    A testament to his quality was that he was very much a holding centre midfielder for the youth teams yet switched to right back and eventually made that his own. As someone else said, he should be in the Premier League in the not too distant...
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    One stand out feature for Anfernee even as a young player at Charlton was that he was, as Bill Shankly would've put it, 'grisly strong'.
  • Options
    He has played every minute in the league this season.

According to transfermarkt...
    The first 8 games at centre back, the last 3 at right back.
    Don't ever remember him playing CB for us or am wrong?
    I haven't seen him play lately but glad he's doing well. Decent player 
  • Options
    Am surprised we never had his brother with us?

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/malik-dijksteel-joins-the-club
  • Options
    Hes been a beast, real star player for Middlesbrough. Pleased for him I was boycotting when he came through so only saw him at a couple of aways including a stinker at Roots Hall and being a rock at Wembley.