Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anfernee Dijksteel

Comments

• Options
    Rinsed for the cross that led to the Brizzle City equaliser.
    Guessed that, just went back on twitter and saw this

Dijksteel shocking

Absolutely! I think Dijksteel should have stayed in the Dutch 3rd division

Dijksteel out of his depth at this level...

Dijksteel 💩💩

• Options
    Feel a bit sorry for him actually, been bought by Boro as a right back when he is really a midfielder.
    Interestingly seems to have moved to right mid for the last few minutes.
  • Options
    Hope he comes good for them but unfortunately doubt he will.
  • Options
    Come home Anfernee. You'll have to win your place back but we know what you can produce under this management.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think I mentioned on here before, but from what I’ve heard Anfernee was on the verge of quitting football before we picked him up. He’d been rebuilding his career with us and was going in the right direction. Seems he may have moved too early and set himself back, but he hasn’t got Bowyer and Jacko’s guidance and support anymore either. 
    Just shows how fragile a footballer’s career is - one wrong move and look what can happen.
  • Options
    Lol he was good enough for us... Think he's better for London sides.
  • Options
    RB is a position you can fill with decent free transfer/loan. £2m that Bows could obviously reinvest and he snapped it up.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Come home Anfernee. You'll have to win your place back but we know what you can produce under this management.
    I fear that the management sacrificed him to get funds to build the squad. Feel a bit sorry for the lad.
    I also fear he was squeezed out far too early for his own development and wish people would stop gloating because he is struggling to settle in at Boro. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    RB is a position you can fill with decent free transfer/loan. £2m that Bows could obviously reinvest and he snapped it up.
    Bowyer also knew he had me reliable Chris Solly to fall back on. 
  • Options
    Dij never once came out publically to say he wishes to be here all season and win the first team shirt at RB....so no 'poor him' from me Addicks. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I feel for the lad. He strikes me as a family man and he’s probably struggling to settle . Who can blame him.  Would love him back on a free at the end of the season. 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Feel a bit sorry for him actually, been bought by Boro as a right back when he is really a midfielder.
    But Bowyer did get him playing well as a right back eventually - something I couldn't see when he came into the team last season. But I agree, he is not a right back.
  • Options
    Sometimes it’s a lose-lose situation for young departing players with original fans. 

Anfernee goes to Boro and immediately plays to the level we know he can, then many of our fans will say he only left for the higher salary etc.

Anfernee goes to Boro and struggles to settle in quickly and play his normal game, some of our fans will say feel sorry for him as our management forced him out to cash in. 

For the latter, it’s surely still a players choice. Lee pulls Anfernee into his office, says Boro have made a bid and were looking to accept it, Anfernee turns around and says no boss I want to fight and be your number 1 RB. But it seems doubtful that happened. 

• Options
    edited September 2019
    He is a decent player and will come through it. It was a good move for him financially and a good move for us as we needed the money to put together the squad we have. Football wise it wasn't right, but most agents don't care about that.
  • Options
    Thought he did ok yesterday particularly in the second half. Glimpses of the AD we know. He’ll be alright but I agree I think he’s struggling to settle.
  • Options
    When you have no money to spend you make sure you get the absolute best out of everyone, arm round shoulder, coach, cajole etc.  Your fans also likely have realistic expectations and give patience and time.

when you have money it is easier to discard and move on, fans have leas patience and time.

That is the current difference between us and Boro.  AD was far from the finished product and as I said when he left he had equal chance of shining and moving up in the leagues as failing. 

I certainly don’t feel sorry fo the lad; he will be on a very decent wage no doubt which may even set him up for life or certainly go a long way towards doing so and he could have stayed and signed a new contract with us.  His choice to leave.  Good luck to him; clearly a very decent young man.
  • Options
    The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence