Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Anfernee Dijksteel

Comments

• The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence
    Not if the other side of the fence is the industrial wasteland of Middlesbrough !

Ps I know Anfernee can live in North Yorkshire and commute.
  • edited September 2019
    The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence
    Certainly not in Middlesbrough, it’s more of a phosphorus yellow!
  • edited September 2019
    Especially if you move up north

• Do feel sorry for him. But equally if he had signed the improved contract that was put in front of him at the start of the summer there would never have been a question. So if he didnt want tongonhe wouldn't have 
  • LOL.

why the ‘LOL’? 
  • edited September 2019
    Anfernee is a good player with big potential and I think he will come good.

No one should, however, underestimate the financial downsizing that Boro are going through, with income shrinking from £121million in 16/17 to £61million in 17/18, to around £45million in 18/19 and to £15-16million - I.e. to core income, with no parachute money - in 2019/20. 

They have a young and inexperienced manager, a demanding supporter base and a natural desire to seek one or two scapegoats if results continue not to go their way.

interesting article from their local press last February, correctly predicting the need for some austerity measures if Pullis didn’t get them promotion - https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/money-go-hidden-costs-running-15860716.amp
  • And every morning he opens his front door and he's in Middlesborough.
  • Scoham said:
    Especially if you move up north

It's not too grim for an Addick ..... at least he can go trainspotting.

• Sponsored links:

• Blucher said:

No one should, however, underestimate the financial downsizing that Boro are going through, with income shrinking from £121million in 16/17 to £61million in 17/18, to around £45million in 18/19 and to £15-16million - I.e. to core income, with no parachute money - in 2019/20. 

They have a young and inexperienced manager, a demanding supporter base and a natural desire to seek one or two scapegoats if results continue not to go their way.

interesting article from their local press last February, correctly predicting the need for some austerity measures if Pullis didn’t get them promotion - https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/money-go-hidden-costs-running-15860716.amp
    To me fair to them, they are trying to stick to FFP rather than fiddling it by selling the ground to the owner like others have done
  • Blucher said:

Seeking scapegoats? I don't believe football fans would do such a thing ;)
  • Blucher said:

To me fair to them, they are trying to stick to FFP rather than fiddling it by selling the ground to the owner like others have done
    I agree and have a lot of respect for Steve Gibson.

The selling your own ground wheeze feels like a dangerous game. As we know from bitter experience, separating the ownership of the ground from the club is never a good thing and can prove disastrous - plus it’s a trick you can only perform once to circumvent the FFP Rules. What are those clubs like Derby and Wednesday going to do next season ?

• And what are the EFL doing about it this season. Sweet FA!
  • LOL.

why the ‘LOL’? 
    I just liked the brevity of his opinion. :D
  • Blucher said:
    Blucher said:

The selling your own ground wheeze feels like a dangerous game. As we know from bitter experience, separating the ownership of the ground from the club is never a good thing and can prove disastrous - plus it’s a trick you can only perform once to circumvent the FFP Rules. What are those clubs like Derby and Wednesday going to do next season ?

I guess they presume they’ll be promoted so won’t have to worry about.

Was it QPR who overspent for promotion to PL, but were then forced to pay the fine after relegation. 
  • Blucher said:
    Blucher said:

I guess they presume they’ll be promoted so won’t have to worry about.

Was it QPR who overspent for promotion to PL, but were then forced to pay the fine after relegation. 
    It was, and the start of problems. The fine should have been £50m, but the league accepted a £60m write off was acceptable and the fine was reduced to £8m. The rules then changed and been ineffective since.
  • Still potentially will be great at this level, although he played RB for us and clearly grew in that position. If his passing improves would make a great CDM. Hard to follow at Boro, but I hope he does well. I have no grudges currently with out owner/ management I cant really blame anyone who moves whether their choice or Bowyers. Yes we have improved by signing people but still unless we are at the end of RD ownership or he has changed philosophy I cant blame anyone for wanting to progress even sideways until he moves on for good.
  • And what are the EFL doing about it this season. Sweet FA!
    Debbie Jevons does all that she can....
  • Starts tonight for Middlesbrough

Hopefully he'll have a better season for them than last year
  • Sponsored links:

• Just signed a new 4.5 year contract at Boro, a massive show of confidence in him

Amazing the difference a proper manager makes when compared to the hopeless Woodgate

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54963618
  • Just signed a new 4.5 year contract at Boro, a massive show of confidence in him

Amazing the difference a proper manager makes when compared to the hopeless Woodgate

Nice to see him developing after what looked like a sketchy start. Has anyone seen him in action for Boro? At 24 he should only get better.

(still think I would prefer Gunter right now though). 
  • edited November 2020
    Just signed a new 4.5 year contract at Boro, a massive show of confidence in him

Nice to see him developing after what looked like a sketchy start. Has anyone seen him in action for Boro? At 24 he should only get better.

(still think I would prefer Gunter right now though). 
    He seems to be mentioned more when I watch the hi-lights show on Quest. Looks like he is getting forward more and putting crosses in hence he gets a mention when a goal is scored.  
  • He has played every minute in the league this season.

According to transfermarkt...
    The first 8 games at centre back, the last 3 at right back.

A new 4.5 year contract would take it to 2025 & not 2024. Someone can't count - either Boro or the BBC.
  • Always liked him as a player.
  • Excellent player - really liked him and was shocked how badly last year went for him 
  • Very, very good footballer and fit as an ox. Can’t see any reason he shouldn’t play premier league one day. 
  • wmcf123 said:
    Excellent player - really liked him and was shocked how badly last year went for him 
    It says it all about Woodgate that the same "hopeless" players who looked like relegation fodder under Woodgate stayed up under Warnock and that a similar squad are now 7th