Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Rochdale: post match views

12346»

Comments

• Options
    My postscript FWIW is that I have watched the 10 mins highlights, and where before I was wondering if Reeves would be a dud, on those mini highlights you see enough to assess that he is a player with a few qualities. Link play (when it happens) being one of them, he can be a decisive rapid passer to players well placed. Maybe because he isn't easy to spot in the melee of players, and he was up the other end in the first half last night, it is hard to spot his ability in intimate moment (fnarr fnarr) in play. But he contributes.
    I came away feeling generally disappointed with Reeves, but the mini-highlights have raised my hopes.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I get the impression that Konsa would play much better in a 3-5-2....like Joe Gomez for England. If I thought Solly could handle being a right wing-back, I'd be tempted to give it a go at some point because Jay Da Silva looks a perfect fit for left-wing back. Say, Sarr, Bauer and Konsa together.....all of whom are pretty comfortable bringing the ball out. If we get injuries to our wingers, it might be a decent option.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

If Rochdale had shown a bit more composure/class they would have won. They had a massive height advantage overall but their corners and free-kicks were very poor (Jay Da Silva managed to head one away as first man!) Generally their final ball or crucial build up ball was poor (quite a few went out of play towards the end).

Yes, towards the end when it was obvious we were vulnerable in the air, it was shocking/pleasing how poor the delivery was
  • Options
    What is a promote? What do I do with it? Why have I got one? Why am I asking so many questions and not just enjoying that I have a promote?
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

I get the impression that Konsa would play much better in a 3-5-2....like Joe Gomez for England. If I thought Solly could handle being a right wing-back, I'd be tempted to give it a go at some point because Jay Da Silva looks a perfect fit for left-wing back. Say, Sarr, Bauer and Konsa together.....all of whom are pretty comfortable bringing the ball out. If we get injuries to our wingers, it might be a decent option.

We'd need 2 strikers to play 3-5-2! :wink:
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

What is a promote? What do I do with it? Why have I got one? Why am I asking so many questions and not just enjoying that I have a promote?

it's Guildian I think, means you're Ready. Look out for a man in a hat who signals to you in secret
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    PaddyP17 said:

@PaddyP17 There's one of several reasons;

1) It's been deemed by one of the mods to be a post of top quality content and interest.
    2) One of the mods has had a very liquid lunch and generously awarded you a promote instead of a 'Like'.
    3) New mod @cabbles has used you as a Guinea pig to try one out.

Welcome to the club, it's a badge of honour but Henners hasn't got many (touchy subject) so play it down if he mentions it :wink:
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    At first I thought it hit Naby and fell in Caskeys general direction. Seeing that replay you have to admit that is some proper tekkers.
  • Options
    Hmm, personally thought that win was a struggle. After MK disappointment!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:

Calvin Andrew for those interested is a 31 year old journeyman pro who's plied his trade around the lower leagues at umpteen clubs and a Palarse reject to boot.

He's by no means a prolific goal scorer but is the ideal battering ram needed up front in the lower leagues. At the 3-3 draw at Spotland last season he let Tex & Konsa know what English Division 3 football was all about. You might remember him now @JamesSeed :wink:

If I'd known nothing about him apart from seeing last night's performance that is exactly what I would have guessed.

It's a shame referees don't book players for persistent fouling in this league because he clattered into Konsa four or five times.
  • Options

SMW28 said:

Can anyone tell me the words to JFC chant? as it's absolutely brilliant

something about:

a pass from Ahmed Kashi
    goes to Forster-Caskey
    and he doesn't lose it

would probably be more apt if it were;

we have Forster-Caskey
    he looks like Arthur Askey

Nah that one is

We've got Ahmed Kashi

Oh we oh

plays with Forster Caskey

Oh we oh

He never gives the ball away

One I'm on about says at one point

When he runs down the wing, he's as fast as lightning, it's frightening
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

At first I thought it hit Naby and fell in Caskeys general direction. Seeing that replay you have to admit that is some proper tekkers.

Agreed... thats no scrappy goal like I initially thought!!
  • Options

1StevieG said:

Same here. Naby Beckenbauer doesn’t to him justice. With that deft touch he has received a promote to Naby Baresi now

• Options
    edited November 2017

1StevieG said:

Shame the left peg wasn't as effective when he had that chance on Saturday. He has a great left foot and if he could pass with his right he would be lethal.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

1StevieG said:

Shame the left peg wasn't as effective when he had that chance on Saturday. He has a great left foot and if he could pass with his right he would be lethal.
    Chance on Sat was with his right foot (I think)
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

1StevieG said:

1StevieG said:

Definitely left foot. But those floaty passes, that arrive over the shoulder, are more difficult than they look. And my football nickname was sniffer, so clearly I know all there is to know about the subject.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Simonsen said:

1StevieG said:

1StevieG said:

Definitely left foot. But those floaty passes, that arrive over the shoulder, are more difficult than they look. And my football nickname was sniffer, so clearly I know all there is to know about the subject.
    Are you Alan Clarke's grandson too? :wink:
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

JamesSeed said:

Simonsen said:

1StevieG said:

1StevieG said:

LenGlover said:

JamesSeed said:

Simonsen said:

1StevieG said:

1StevieG said:

As a kid I loved Alan Clarke. It was more to do with the way his sleeves were too long than anything else. We all tried to emulate that look of course.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hats off. This fella can talk!

Great assist by Sarr for the first goal. Didn't spot it at the time.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Jamie Boxall in his video (above) was discussing our 2 games in hand, but felt that one of them didn't really count as Shrewsbury themselves had a game in hand.

The interesting thing is that Shrewsbury's game in hand is, of course, against Charlton - meaning it's a real 6-pointer as it stands.

That's what Karl Robinson meant when he said recently, that if we win both our games in hand, we go above Shrewsbury.
    Of course, the table is likely to change before then.

• Options
    Not the 5-1 victory I boldly predicted but a win nontheless, that little pass from Sarr was sublime, I too thought it was a scrappy goal but no way was that scrappy, great little dink & well done for JFK to read it.
  • Options
    Aww, AFKA! Thanks!

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Jamie Boxall in his video (above) was discussing our 2 games in hand, but felt that one of them didn't really count as Shrewsbury themselves had a game in hand.

The interesting thing is that Shrewsbury's game in hand is, of course, against Charlton - meaning it's a real 6-pointer as it stands.

That's what Karl Robinson meant when he said recently, that if we win both our games in hand, we go above Shrewsbury.
    Of course, the table is likely to change before then.

Only if we beat them by 2 or 3 clear goals or smash 3 or 4 past Peterboro. Currently we are only winning by the odd goal so even if we do win our 2 games in hand I reckon we will still be below them on goal difference.