Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Which school were you at?

Comments

• Options
    The blue and black tied boys not playing on here scm there was a few I was trying to get to bite

They were poofs though so I ain't surprised 8+)
    Thought they got rid of houses at Eaglesfield when we went through. I'm sure it was done by year. Red and black all the way through.
  • Options
    Went to Bloomfield infants 60-63
    Foxhill school 63-66
    I Think dates are right
    Crown Woods 66-73

• Options
    What was the silver and black tie I think it was our first year,

But the light blue and black battie boys was like a year full of nigels

The green and black lot wernt too bad
  • Options

Silver/Black - yes first year, and then into houses from 2nd year

Green and Black was Hawk..Mr Keith..oh I'm Tough Tough
  • Options
    Erith 75-80
    Must of been around about the same time, not many Charlton kit bags about.

• Options
    Sad though this is (dates wise) I went Christchurch Primary, Forest Hill ((1959-63) where I was introduced to CAFC. Next Burnt Ash primary in Downham/Bromley where I was 2 years behind David Bowie. Then Bromley Grammar School (1965-69) and, with classic linear migration, Headcorn, Kent where I went to Maidstone Grammar (69-72). There was bloke at Bromley Grammar called Graham Cailes whose dad used to take us to the Valley.
  • Options
    Sharpy hated me mate , proper thought he was gonna plant one on me a couple of times when he got me in that office,

Voller was alright though

merlin house pissed all over the rest of that school especially those falcon house poofs
    I remember Sharpie slapping a boy so hard on the back he had his hand print on his back for hours after!!
    If that happened today he would be sacked and maybe in prison for a bit??

Who remembers Mr Frost head of Falcon what a joker he was...lol

• Options
    Nicholas ,Streatham.hmmmmm,you could be a nigel in disguise...?
    Oi take that back. Dont ever put my name in the same sentance as the stripey scum :) Saying that I cant remember there actually being any Palace fans at my school.
    I live in west norwood, even closer to Palace and hardly ever see any stripey crap.

My son might well go to Dunraven the September after next, looks like a decent place.

Foe me - Sutton-at-Hone primary, Westgate Primary, Dartford Grammar 1974-1987

• Options
    It was all about osprey gents ( purple and black ) am I right terry naylor ? ;0)
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Sharpy hated me mate , proper thought he was gonna plant one on me a couple of times when he got me in that office,

I missed detention once (I had good reason to) and he shouted me out in the dinner hall. When I walked passed him on my way to his office he slapped me so hard on the back of the head I headbutted the window tothe door and nearly broke my nose. He didn't even say sorry. If I had my time again, I would sue the arse off him for assault, and on a 12 year old child. Oh yes, I'd also rip his black handle bar mustache off his upper lip with sellotape. Nasty piece of work.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    East Wickham Junior School 1996-2000
    Bexley Grammar School 2000-2007
  • Options

When I joined in 84 you were put into Eagle (Black and white) then you were put into houses where you stayed for 4 years Unless you were that bad and moved to another house. The houses were

Eagle Black White
    Osprey Purple Black
    Kestrel Yellow Black
    Hawk Green Black
    Falcon Blue Black
    Merlin Red Black

• Options
    It was all about osprey gents ( purple and black ) am I right terry naylor ? ;0)
    Spot on fella ;-)

• Options
    Nicholas ,Streatham.hmmmmm,you could be a nigel in disguise...?
    Oi take that back. Dont ever put my name in the same sentance as the stripey scum :) Saying that I cant remember there actually being any Palace fans at my school.
    I live in west norwood, even closer to Palace and hardly ever see any stripey crap.

My son might well go to Dunraven the September after next, looks like a decent place.

Foe me - Sutton-at-Hone primary, Westgate Primary, Dartford Grammar 1974-1987

Was a very good school, not sure what it's like now though.

• Options
    Sad though this is (dates wise) I went Christchurch Primary, Forest Hill ((1959-63) where I was introduced to CAFC. Next Burnt Ash primary in Downham/Bromley where I was 2 years behind David Bowie. Then Bromley Grammar School (1965-69) and, with classic linear migration, Headcorn, Kent where I went to Maidstone Grammar (69-72). There was bloke at Bromley Grammar called Graham Cailes whose dad used to take us to the Valley.
    Small world. I know Graham. He now lives just outside Brighton and is still a ST holder and comes to most games. His brother Laurence (Lol) is one of my best mates and runs the coaches up from the Tunbridge Wells area and has always kept really involved with the club. They usually hang out outside the club shop before the home games. I also used to be in the car with Mr Cailes. Looking at your user name, is your name Roy because I vaguely remember Graham's friend Roy from back then?

• Options
    I may have included this earlier in the thread but:

Blackfen Primary School 1983-1990
    Bexley Grammar School 1990-1997 (Nice to see so many Old Bexleians on here!)
  • Options

Voller was alright though

merlin house pissed all over the rest of that school especially those falcon house poofs
    I remember Sharpie slapping a boy so hard on the back he had his hand print on his back for hours after!!
    If that happened today he would be sacked and maybe in prison for a bit??

Who remembers Mr Frost head of Falcon what a joker he was...lol

I couldn't remember his name, yeah he was alright more laid back than the other heads
  • Options
    Frosty was as soft as shite

Mr keiths lines who got them,

it is ingrained on my nut

In future i promise to strive to behave, in a sane and sensible mannor at all times in school, should i fail in this endeavor i will accept my punishment for my misdemeanor with peace and goodwill in my heart, that was 1 line

Minimum of 500 got 2500 for throwing a pencil case trned inside out with drawing pins at mr Davy after he hit me with

PEDRO

that school was mental
  • Options
    Frosty was as soft as shite

Mr keiths lines who got them,

it is ingrained on my nut

In future i promise to strive to behave, in a sane and sensible mannor at all times in school, should i fail in this endeavor i will accept my punishment for my misdemeanor with peace and goodwill in my heart, that was 1 line

Minimum of 500 got 2500 for throwing a pencil case trned inside out with drawing pins at mr Davy after he hit me with

PEDRO

that school was mental
    I'm sure I've seen similar grammatical sentances from you in other threads....
  • Options
    My names Charlie ask Graham if he remembers me! ? We must have been about 12/13 years old. I was the goalie with glasses he was the very urgent centre forward - the boy had pace.

Small world. I know Graham. He now lives just outside Brighton and is still a ST holder and comes to most games. His brother Laurence (Lol) is one of my best mates and runs the coaches up from the Tunbridge Wells area and has always kept really involved with the club. They usually hang out outside the club shop before the home games. I also used to be in the car with Mr Cailes. Looking at your user name, is your name Roy because I vaguely remember Graham's friend Roy from back then?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I will Charlie. And, yes, Graham was speedy and a good little footballer.
  • Options
    St hildas prep at Honor Oak park, Ravensbourne park, ( both pulled down now) ,,, Dunton Green primaary then Wildernesse secondary modern in sevenoaks
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Bromley Tech year above David Jones/Bowie, (57-63) played (piano) in the same school concerts, shared the billing.
  • Options
    Horniman Primary School 78 - 84
    Addey and Stanhope (or Study and No Hope) 84-89
    Bromley College 89 - 91
    Greenwich Uni Avery Hill 91 - 95
  • Options
    Pelham Road School Bexleyheath 62-65
    Longfield Primary 65-68
    Longfield School 68-70
    Wombwell Hall, Northfleet 70-75
  • Options
    Erith 75-80
    Must of been around about the same time, not many Charlton kit bags about.
    I thought there would be more Erith boys on here.

• Options
    Glebe School 2005-2010
  • Options
    Charlton Manor: 69-72
    Eltham Green: 72-77
  • Options
    Charlton Manor: 69-72
    Eltham Green: 72-77
    You must have been there with Boy George then?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    You must have been there with Boy George then?
    Yeah, same year I think, but not the same classes.