Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nick Pope, the Premier League's outstanding keeper this season

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    Nick Pope has 14 clean sheets and is level with Ederson

If he can keep 2 more clean sheets he will get the golden glove as he will have played more games than Ederson 

I like Pope a lot, but surely if you’ve played less games and have the same amount of clean sheets there you deserve it?
  • Options
    yeah you would think so. 

Keeper1 gets 5 clean sheets in 10 games 
    keeper 2 gets 5 clean sheets in 30 games 

I know which one is better. 
  • Options
    Anyone watch Soccer AM earlier today,had a section on Burnley with James Tarkowski,talking bout his own players ie best dancer,hardest man etc etc,when he got to fashion,he came out with...Nick Pope all day long, “cloths just don’t suit him” he says his shirts are always short on his sleeves,his trousers are too short & he has a wardrobe full of grey tracksuits,which the team also take the piss out of,Nick’s answer well it’s because people always wear them in New York...

so pleased for Popey,after a few injuries himself,he has dusted himself down worked hard & the rewards & more recognition are coming his way,good luck to him...

• Options
    From the Premier League website:

Each season the Premier League rewards the goalkeepers to have kept the most clean sheets with the Golden Glove award. 

The award is presented by Cadbury, the official snack partner of the Premier League, who have sponsored it from 2017. Before, it was sponsored by Barclays.

The award was first presented in the 2004/05 season. The winner then was Petr Cech, who kept a record 24 clean sheets for Chelsea.

The current holder is Liverpool's Alisson, who secured 21 clean sheets to win the award for the first time.

If more than one goalkeeper records the highest number of clean sheets, the award is shared.

Before 2013/14, in such instances the award went to the goalkeeper with highest ratio of clean sheets for matches played.

• Options
    Nick Pope has 14 clean sheets and is level with Ederson

If he can keep 2 more clean sheets he will get the golden glove as he will have played more games than Ederson 

I like Pope a lot, but surely if you’ve played less games and have the same amount of clean sheets there you deserve it?
    TBH it was more of a guess if they were level as I am sure an award was decided by who had played most previously not sure if it top scorer or something so guessed golden glove was the same

But anyway Pope has 15 now so hopefully Ederson concedes in his last 2 games and Pope will win the award on his own
  • Options
    I doubt it given our shambolic ownerships of recent times but do we have a sell on clause?

A 15-20% sell on of 50m would be very nice for whoever owns us.
  • Options
    I doubt it given our shambolic ownerships of recent times but do we have a sell on clause?

A 15-20% sell on of 50m would be very nice for whoever owns us.
    We did two years ago, but that doesn’t mean it hasn’t been negotiated and paid off since.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-set-for-multi-million-windfall-if-liverpool-move-for-burnley-shotstopper/
  • Options
    Also seen him linked with ManUre this summer, will cost someone a pretty penny as being homegrown doubles his value
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2020
    I really don’t rate him as highly. I always thought he looked hesitant for us. 
    Playing behind a 10 man defence, drilled superbly by Dyche will mean he gets superb protection. 
    Hope it does work out for him at a top club though as always seemed a decent bloke. 
  • Options
    Blimey, the Evening Standard article says over 20%!  Can't see him going for £50M per the Star article but even at £25M that would be +£5M if we still have the clause.  Add that to maybe £3M for KAG and the club would be in a half decent position to break even for another 12 months if we were run properly.  

Even more irritating we did not get a decent owner buy us in Jan and just give Bowyer/Gallen the tools to keep us up.
  • Options
    Want him to do well obviously and I know some will get the hump with me saying this - but there is something seriously wrong with the game if Nick Pope is worth £50m.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Blimey, the Evening Standard article says over 20%!  Can't see him going for £50M per the Star article but even at £25M that would be +£5M if we still have the clause.  Add that to maybe £3M for KAG and the club would be in a half decent position to break even for another 12 months if we were run properly.  

Even more irritating we did not get a decent owner buy us in Jan and just give Bowyer/Gallen the tools to keep us up.
    Sadly if we got 5m for Pope and 3m for Grant, it's more likely to mean Elliott and Farnell pocketing 4m each.
  • Options
    We don’t know the details of the sale to RD do we? Is it a given all revenue goes to ESI?
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    cafctom said:
    Want him to do well obviously and I know some will get the hump with me saying this - but there is something seriously wrong with the game if Nick Pope is worth £50m.
    I think we all know there is something wrong with the game and Nick Pope being "worth" £50m is small beer in comparison, to say, Anthony Martial being paid the equivalent of around 500 nurses.
  • Options

Sadly if we got 5m for Pope and 3m for Grant, it's more likely to mean Elliott and Farnell pocketing 4m each.
    Agreed (but couldn't bring myself to like your post!)
  • Options
    Is on the seven man shortlist for Premier League Player of the Season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    I really don’t rate him as highly. I always thought he looked hesitant for us. 
    Playing behind a 10 man defence, drilled superbly by Dyche will mean he gets superb protection. 
    Hope it does work out for him at a top club though as always seemed a decent bloke. 
    I don’t think it’s a fair to compare charlton’s nick pope to Burnley’s.

he was young and breaking through for us, now he is an established premier league keeper and an England international