Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harvey Weinstein

1101112131416»

Comments

• Options
    iaitch said:

#Menotbothered

#Meneither
  • Options
    #tome
  • Options
    #toyou
  • Options
    Reading more of this story this morning and it turns out that Argento allegedly abused Bennett 5 YEARS ago, but only paid her accuser some money in the last 12 months, AFTER accusing Weinstein.

"But in the months that followed her revelations about Mr. Weinstein last October, Ms. Argento quietly arranged to pay $380,000 to her own accuser: Jimmy Bennett, a young actor and rock musician who said she had sexually assaulted him in a California hotel room years earlier, when he was only two months past his 17th birthday. She was 37. The age of consent in California is 18."
  • Options

Reading more of this story this morning and it turns out that Argento allegedly abused Bennett 5 YEARS ago, but only paid her accuser some money in the last 12 months, AFTER accusing Weinstein.

"But in the months that followed her revelations about Mr. Weinstein last October, Ms. Argento quietly arranged to pay $380,000 to her own accuser: Jimmy Bennett, a young actor and rock musician who said she had sexually assaulted him in a California hotel room years earlier, when he was only two months past his 17th birthday. She was 37. The age of consent in California is 18."

It's been quite refreshing that so many women have called out Rose McGowans blatant hypocrisy in all of this. She's been very vocal, and rightly so, in condemning sexual assaulters but changed tact somewhat when her 'friend', Asia Argento, was accused. Now it's a case of being 'gentle' with her and not knowing 'the truth of the situation'.
  • Options

It's been quite refreshing that so many women have called out Rose McGowans blatant hypocrisy in all of this. She's been very vocal, and rightly so, in condemning sexual assaulters but changed tact somewhat when her 'friend', Asia Argento, was accused. Now it's a case of being 'gentle' with her and not knowing 'the truth of the situation'.
    What amazes me is someone taking a high profile stance whilst having skeletons in the cupboard that will inevitably come out. Is Argento stupid?
  • Options

What amazes me is someone taking a high profile stance whilst having skeletons in the cupboard that will inevitably come out. Is Argento stupid?
    Peoples stupidity should not be underestimated, especially during the age we're in.
  • Options
    If the claims by the NYT are true and the timeline is correct, it's obviously premeditated and plays into the hands of the sceptics from before. If the claims are true, the woman's done far more harm than good to any legitimate cause IMO.
  • Options
    She may be guilty, she may not, but this definitely smells funny. Smells like the inevitable backlash/diversion, an attempt to discredit the MeToo movement and divert attention away from the old wealthy white guys that have been pulling this shit for decades. They may have got lucky and Argento is that stupid and gave them an open goal, but I'd take everything with a massive pinch of salt at the moment.
  • Options
    people who got abused then perpetrate abuse... it's a vicious cycle. Not to condone anything she may have done, but it's how it happens..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

She may be guilty, she may not, but this definitely smells funny. Smells like the inevitable backlash/diversion, an attempt to discredit the MeToo movement and divert attention away from the old wealthy white guys that have been pulling this shit for decades. They may have got lucky and Argento is that stupid and gave them an open goal, but I'd take everything with a massive pinch of salt at the moment.

I’m not sure i’d call it an attempt to discredit the me too movement. Sexual abuse works both ways and if the story is true, which it appears it is, then she’s just as bad as Weinstein.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Great message that sends out to any other young males who have been sexually assaulted in this manner. Don't say anything, because we'll just take it with a pinch of salt.
  • Options
    Following this revelation regarding Argento I realise that I've misunderstood the #MeToo movement.
  • Options

Women and men both commit sexual abuse - should be condemning all who commit it. This isn't just about Hollywood.

• Options

people who got abused then perpetrate abuse... it's a vicious cycle. Not to condone anything she may have done, but it's how it happens..

That isn't guaranted
  • Options

That isn't guaranted
    Agreed.
  • Options

That isn't guaranted
    for sure
  • Options
    Fair play. Also, Rain Dove is a shit name.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Just been found guilty of third degree rape and criminal sexual act in the first degree
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    His lawyer... she was something else. I’m glad she’s not succeeded in getting him... getting his name cleared. 
  • Options
    Sentenced to 23 years :)
  • Options
    Is that a concurrent or consecutive sentencing term?
  • Options
    Is that a concurrent or consecutive sentencing term?
    It's "you're going to die in prison".
  • Options
    Basically life for the scum bag, more charges to come in other states too I think. 
  • Options
    I hope his backside ends up looking like a ripped out fireplace 
  • Options
    I know the two aren’t directly comparable but why is R Kelly’s trial taking so much longer?