Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harvey Weinstein

Comments

• Options
    Riviera said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Riviera said:

JiMMy 85 said:

SDAddick said:

Riviera said:

SDAddick said:

Riviera said:

SDAddick said:

Riviera said:

SDAddick said:

Bill Clinton has settled with one woman, Paula Jones, out of court.

So that's ok then?
    What? Of course not. And there are two more serious allegations in addition to the one he settled out of court. I just like factual statements.
    Two? I am sure there are many, many more. Accusations that have been suppressed, not just of sexual misconduct, financial and corruption too. He is a sleazeball but it seems untouchable and still disgustingly revered throughout the world.
    I'm open to hearing the sources for your claims of more cases. I am not defending Bill Clinton. There are many things to dislike him for without inventing new ones.
    I guess you're too young to know. Here you go for starters - http://www.weeklystandard.com/theres-an-awakening-against-sexual-assault-so-why-is-no-one-talking-about-bill-clinton/article/2010150

I've not invented anything, I just said that I reckon there are more than 2 allegations against him, ones that we don't know about. Not sure how you expect me to reveal the sources for my thoughts. I guess it's just a hunch based on everything I've ever heard about him.
    But I'm also weary of confligrating sexual assault and harassment with consentual sex between adults that occurs outside of marriage and is considered "scandalous." The two are not the same.
    Surely the important question is how that consent was gained, what influeneve or promises were used.

It's not THE important question, it's probably one of many. SD is getting stick for daring to stick to facts, rather than some half-troll's internal monologue, and that doesn't quite add up to me.
    Discussion, opinion and speculation. That's what message boards are for, not for simply stating facts.
    You can be sued/ arrested for what you write on a message board, so I think that's utter nonsense. Sure, that was the attitude in the late 90s when the interwebs was an unknown quantity and people could hide behind their online personas. But these days, you can, and should, be called out on your bullshit.

Too true. But you can still discuss, opinionate and speculate. I haven't accused anyone of anything. It wasn't me who said Clinton had settled out of court numerous times, and I haven't spouted any bull either, so be careful!
    Or...what exactly?
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Riviera said:

Errr.... That's an opinion! Not an accusation.

It's an opinion in which you accuse Bill Clinton of sexual assaulting many more women than are currently publicly known. Saying "it's an opinion" doesn't absolve you from having a factual basis to things.
    No I don't! Have a day off mate. I haven't accused him of anything. I said I reckon there have been more accusations that we haven't heard of, an opinion. Nowhere do I accuse him of anything!
  • Options
    Riviera said:

SDAddick said:

Riviera said:

Errr.... That's an opinion! Not an accusation.

It's an opinion in which you accuse Bill Clinton of sexual assaulting many more women than are currently publicly known. Saying "it's an opinion" doesn't absolve you from having a factual basis to things.
    No I don't! Have a day off mate. I haven't accused him of anything. I said I reckon there have been more accusations that we haven't heard of, an opinion. Nowhere do I accuse him of anything!
    You're adorable.
  • Options
    i suppose the mods can find solace that Harvey and Bills legal teams are a bit busier right now rather than trawl through CL
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Curb_It said:

I met Bill you know, I don't think I've mentioned it before. When he was President. When he shook my hand, he gave me the eye. The rascal.

Curious as to what your impressions were, but something I've heard from everyone who has met him, whether they like him or loathe him, is that he has an incredible charisma and becomes the center of whatever room he's in.

This of course does not make it okay to rape or sexual harass people.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I met Bill you know, I don't think I've mentioned it before. When he was President. When he shook my hand, he gave me the eye. The rascal.

Jap eye?
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Curb_It said:

School trip?
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    [Removed]
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2017
  • Options
    edited October 2017
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Curb_It said:

Curious as to what your impressions were, but something I've heard from everyone who has met him, whether they like him or loathe him, is that he has an incredible charisma and becomes the center of whatever room he's in.

This of course does not make it okay to rape or sexual lyrics harass people.
    Does that involve singing Marvin Gaye/ Barry White stuff at people? ;-)
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Curb_It said:

I literally shook his hand so I cant really comment.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

SDAddick said:

Curb_It said:

I literally shook his hand so I cant really comment.
    *headlock*
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    It's not abuse or harassment because it's clearly consensual but a 74 year old man dating a 22 year old woman makes me feel uncomfortable. It is happening in the world of Rock 'n Roll.
    Top story on Mail on line.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Wait , Kevin Spacey is gay!

This is the biggest shock since Colin Jackson came out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Going to be a huge backlash on this one I think.

"Yeah, OK, I'm gay" is a very bad reaction to 'did you try it on with a 14 year old?'
  • Options
    so how does KS he know if he was involved in drunken behaviour 30 years ago if he cant remember it ?
  • Options
    Maybe there were so many instances that he feels he's now been found out?
  • Options
    lolwray said:

so how does KS he know if he was involved in drunken behaviour 30 years ago if he cant remember it ?

Because he’s read the article and then released the statement.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Surely the only person who can confirm whether the apology is acceptable or not is Anthony Rapp... All these people on Twitter saying his apology doesn't cut it, I understand but that isn't up to you...

I have to say the excuse of I don't remember it seems BS. He doesn't deny it. He says he doesn't remember it.

That was attempted rape of a minor (Consent was not given and due to Anthony's age at the time he was too young to consent). This shouldn't be up to Rapp to decide now... It should be straightforward - Punishment.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Attempted rape? He lay on top of the lad and when the lad tried to get away, he did. It’s not even assault. Deeply inappropriate, no doubt about it. Concerning in regards to what else Spacey may have done (hopefully it was an isolated incident) and clearly damaging to a young boy in that position.

But attempted rape is going way too far.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    JiMMy 85 said:

Attempted rape? He lay on top of the lad and when the lad tried to get away, he did. It’s not even assault. Deeply inappropriate, no doubt about it. Concerning in regards to what else Spacey may have done (hopefully it was an isolated incident) and clearly damaging to a young boy in that position.

The terminology may seem strong but he tried to seduce someone too young to consent to such activity.

Rapp says he was able to force Spacey off of him and left the house immediately.

What else is he trying to do if you have to force him off of you? Play chess?

By trying to seduce someone by pinning them down against their will is at the very least sexual assault.

Because it is a minor they cannot consent to sexual activity and thus any attempt to have sexual interaction with them is attempted rape. Just as sex with a minor is defined as rape whether the victim states they consented or not.

I suppose the least you could call it is 'assault of a minor with sexual intent'
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

The terminology may seem strong but he tried to seduce someone too young to consent to such activity.

Rapp says he was able to force Spacey off of him and left the house immediately.

What else is he trying to do if you have to force him off of you? Play chess?

By trying to seduce someone by pinning them down against their will is at the very least sexual assault.

Because it is a minor they cannot consent to sexual activity and thus any attempt to have sexual interaction with them is attempted rape. Just as sex with a minor is defined as rape whether the victim states they consented or not.

I suppose the least you could call it is 'assault of a minor with sexual intent'
    I don't think either one of us is qualified to label what it was precisely, although I am confident it was not attempted rape.

Indeed, Rapp didn't say anything about forcing Spacey off of him, his quote features the word "squirm" as in, he squirmed away from under him. At no point does he claim he was inappropriately touched (beyond Spacey being on top of him, what a bizarre sentence to be writing), and Spacey didn't attempt to physically stop him leaving (he stood near the doorway and tried to verbally convince him to stay).

It's a fucked up situation, but it is not rape, nor attempted rape. It's a weird guy trying clumsily, drunkenly and unpleasantly trying to seduce a minor. And let's be clear, that's very, very bad in of itself - thus there's no need to make it into something more extreme.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

It's not abuse or harassment because it's clearly consensual but a 74 year old man dating a 22 year old woman makes me feel uncomfortable. It is happening in the world of Rock 'n Roll.
    Top story on Mail on line.

Why does it make you uncomfortable?