Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The influence of the EU on Britain.

Comments

• Options

seth plum said:

Southbank said:

seth plum said:

Southbank said:

http://ukandeu.ac.uk/emerging-brexit-identities/
    This research is interesting, whichever side you are on. If accurate it shows that Remain and Leave have become a fixed form of identity. If it is true then it will have long term effects on politics and society whatever unsatisfactory conclusion there is to the Brexit negotiations.

There is some truth here. As one of the losing 48% I will never be reconciled to the moron who slithers up beside me to berate 'foreigners' with an automatic assumption that I would agree. The positions are fixed and after the referendum the philosophical and political enemy is now flushed out, and I am now in a permanent minority in an occupied state.
    Nor me to those who say I am mad, racist and stupid and who hope that I die soon for voting Leave.
    You have never had that stuff from me.
    Nor me. Obdurate, excessively insular in outlook, yes. But still at the end of the day a fellow Charlton fan, with whom I often agree.

If civil war breaks out, it probably won't be between protagonists on this thread.
    It will some will bear the union jack.. Some who knows... Collaborators they were called in the day.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Making a decision that creates a border in Ireland, hard, soft, technical or frictionless is risking a lot of deaths as well as breaking an international treaty.
    Is this what brexiters voted for?

What was your position before then, when there was a border and there was loads of deaths and people like me had to look under their car every day and i had to go to work a different way every day and my wife and kids had to leave signs out to say all was ok... Oh for those glory days. Some times you need to take a good sniff of the crap you are peddling. Sympathy for the border, dont make me laugh.
    What crap am I peddling exactly?

Oh hold on, you will be incapable of sustaining any case that says I am peddling any crap whatsoever. Just as you are unable to make any case for the benefits of brexit, or any solution for the Irish border issue, despite you being on the blimmin winning side for goodness sake.

You write:

...when there was a border and there was loads of deaths and people like me had to look under their car every day and i had to go to work a different way every day and my wife and kids had to leave signs out to say all was ok...

How would you feel if the response to this was 'NOBODY CARES?'

I might have this a bit wrong, but looking at your posts, and your willingness to call me a liar on this thread without anything to back it up (like 'peddling' too) I would not say empathy is one of your strong suits, nor having any class in what you post, yet you ironically call for intelligent debate.
    Nobody did care you telling me you did. If you love Ireland so much. Take Billericays advice.
  • Options

Just trying to provoke someone again in an attempt to get the thread closed. After previously saying 'no-one cares' and not getting much reaction to that, this is another desperate attempt to generate controversy. Fair play to the other Brexit supporters on here for continuing to make thought-provoking and interesting points though.

Agreed your last paragraph.
  • Options

seth plum said:

Making a decision that creates a border in Ireland, hard, soft, technical or frictionless is risking a lot of deaths as well as breaking an international treaty.

What was your position before then, when there was a border and there was loads of deaths and people like me had to look under their car every day and i had to go to work a different way every day and my wife and kids had to leave signs out to say all was ok... Oh for those glory days. Some times you need to take a good sniff of the crap you are peddling. Sympathy for the border, dont make me laugh.
    So you worked on the border, you saw first hand the problems it caused and the lives it cost, yet you voted for, and continue to support (stridently I may add) a political course that will reopen those wounds, that will put other people in the danger you and countless others once in. And then when asked for any ideas how a peaceful, working border could work, you shout the question down with NOBODY CARES.

Your position makes no sense, even from post to post, then you have the gall to accuse somebody of having sympathies for those troubles for simply asking how a border could possibly work for the very purpose of avoiding a return to those troubles.
    I used to work for the armed forces and continue to work to defend cretins who hate this country and allowed to peddle bollocks . About time we kicked traitors out.
  • Options

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Oh hold on, you will be incapable of sustaining any case that says I am peddling any crap whatsoever. Just as you are unable to make any case for the benefits of brexit, or any solution for the Irish border issue, despite you being on the blimmin winning side for goodness sake.

You write:

...when there was a border and there was loads of deaths and people like me had to look under their car every day and i had to go to work a different way every day and my wife and kids had to leave signs out to say all was ok...

I might have this a bit wrong, but looking at your posts, and your willingness to call me a liar on this thread without anything to back it up (like 'peddling' too) I would not say empathy is one of your strong suits, nor having any class in what you post, yet you ironically call for intelligent debate.
    Nobody did care you telling me you did. If you love Ireland so much. Take Billericays advice.
    Any chance of a translation for what I have highlighted?

I suspect the advice you are alluding too is something like 'fuck off'.

I have 44 years of NI contributions in the UK. Was born in Kent, and possibly made a hell of a lot more contribution to my community than you have. Yet possibly because you won the brexit vote you now feel you can tell me and others what to do, like 'fuck off'.
    I am comforted however, because for you to be reduced to fuck offism confirms what is evident to many on here, you couldn't sustain an intelligent argument even if you had Stephen Hawkings, Socrates or your best mate Nigel Farage advising you.
    Take comfort from your victory in the brexit referendum, and let that compensate for all the qualities you lack in so many other areas.

• Options
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

You write:

You lost your halo here when you reneged on your hand shake. You have no honour.. Sure you have your little rat pack, but who are they on the scheme of things... Nothing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

You write:

You lost your halo here when you reneged on your hand shake. You have no honour.. Sure you have your little rat pack, but who are they on the scheme of things... Nothing.
    There was no hand shake in any form to renege on. Prove it!
  • Options
    You asked me as we dont agree to just ignore each other from now on and i replied sure agreed. You asked me, are you now denying it. It worked for months.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

seth plum said:

So you worked on the border, you saw first hand the problems it caused and the lives it cost, yet you voted for, and continue to support (stridently I may add) a political course that will reopen those wounds, that will put other people in the danger you and countless others once in. And then when asked for any ideas how a peaceful, working border could work, you shout the question down with NOBODY CARES.

Your position makes no sense, even from post to post, then you have the gall to accuse somebody of having sympathies for those troubles for simply asking how a border could possibly work for the very purpose of avoiding a return to those troubles.
    I used to work for the armed forces and continue to work to defend cretins who hate this country and allowed to peddle bollocks . About time we kicked traitors out.
    About time we banned you from this website
    Ditto
  • Options

You asked me as we dont agree to just ignore each other from now on and i replied sure agreed. You asked me, are you now denying it. It worked for months.

It didn't happen. I would never go cap in hand to ask you for anything.

What has been sustained for months is your endless LOL's made to anybody with a remain viewpoint, and the glaring vacuum of a reasoned argument coming from you.

Pause for a moment and consider if a constant stream of sarcastically intended LOL's constitutes 'ignoring'.

You have referenced before my 'mates', and today my 'rat pack' and there might be the answer to the mystery of your persona. You are desperate for validation and approval, and wrongly perceive others (me) to have a coterie of sycophants the like of which you actually seem to crave for yourself.

Your continual attention seeking behaviour on this thread is a bit of a clue.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

You write:

I have 44 years of NI contributions in the UK. Was born in Kent, and possibly made a hell of a lot more contribution to my community than you have. Yet possibly because you won the brexit vote you now feel you can tell me and others what to do, like 'fuck off'.
    I am comforted however, because for you to be reduced to fuck offism confirms what is evident to many on here, you couldn't sustain an intelligent argument even if you had Stephen Hawkings, Socrates or your best mate Nigel Farage advising you.
    Take comfort from your victory in the brexit referendum, and let that compensate for all the qualities you lack in so many other areas.

That is desperate even for you.
  • Options

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

You write:

That is desperate even for you.
    No really. More like forensic precision.
  • Options

seth plum said:

I thought you were an air conditioning guru. How much defending of the nation do you do fixing duct tape to ducting or do your frequent trips to Germany require you being dropped behind enemy lines ?

Your hatred of the Irish comes shining through and you have the gall to flag people. Troll off.

Ditto another one who cant handshake either..
  • Options

seth plum said:

I thought you were an air conditioning guru. How much defending of the nation do you do fixing duct tape to ducting or do your frequent trips to Germany require you being dropped behind enemy lines ?

Your hatred of the Irish comes shining through and you have the gall to flag people. Troll off.

So armed forces don't need engineers then
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

seth plum said:

I only flag people who have the gall to flag me.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

It didn't happen. I would never go cap in hand to ask you for anything.

What has been sustained for months is your endless LOL's made to anybody with a remain viewpoint, and the glaring vacuum of a reasoned argument coming from you.

Pause for a moment and consider if a constant stream of sarcastically intended LOL's constitutes 'ignoring'.

You have referenced before my 'mates', and today my 'rat pack' and there might be the answer to the mystery of your persona. You are desperate for validation and approval, and wrongly perceive others (me) to have a coterie of sycophants the like of which you actually seem to crave for yourself.

Your continual attention seeking behaviour on this thread is a bit of a clue.
    Lol your best ever
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

seth plum said:

So you worked on the border
    Don't fall for this. It's classic Walter Chippy anecdote diversion. When someone brings up the Troubles, he has an anecdote about being affected. He defends his slur of calling other people traitors by claiming he has defended the country. When someone brings up having Irish citizenship as a backup to our passport being downgraded, he claims he applied for one for fun. When someone posts something about us losing competition to Germany, he has an anecdote about how he goes there twice a month and talks up how Germans can't wait for us to be out of the EU so they can increase their business with us (in fluent German, obviously). Whenever an economic report casts Brexit in a bad light, he just happened to have heard an expert on the radio say that Brexit is amazing.

For someone who whinges so much about how this thread is just the same people going on and on, surely he should realise half of it is him rambling on about his bizarre fantasies with the intent of derailing the thread and insulting as many people as possible.

Just ignore. Eventually he'll find some corner of the internet to go hide in once he stops getting the reaction he wants.
    Well said.. at last now go log in as chizz
  • Options
    FFS fellow remainers, once again you are playing Chippy's game.

• Options

FFS fellow remainers, once again you are playing Chippy's game.

Said last week you are the only one with intelligence.
  • Options
    Well said cobbles.
  • Options
    The UK say no customs union and single market to be able to trade. Barnier says it will mean barriers. Ergo a controlled border on the island of Ireland. That will incur huge costs and won't work, yet brexiters promised to control borders in their country.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    No membership of The Customs Union or The Single Market yet the government are till saying we want comprehensive access to the single market and a frictionless border.

It’s just nonsensical and is not possible and Barnier has said as much. Do May and Davis still actually believe in this mantra or are they just deluded ?

I’m not sure which one I find most worrying.

• Options
    edited February 2018

No membership of The Customs Union or The Single Market yet the government are till saying we want comprehensive access to the single market and a frictionless border.

It’s just nonsensical and is not possible and Barnier has said as much. Do May and Davis still actually believe in this mantra or are they just deluded ?

I’m not sure which one I find most worrying.

As I've said all along these negotiations are just a con trick or theatre for an ignorant media and no more.

The political class desperately wants to REMAIN and in my opinion are deliberately trying to mess things up. The consequence of that will be either that we will never actually LEAVE at all or we will leave but go crawling back to the 'Heseltine' scenario of entering the Euro and full integration as a condition of being let back in. You can bet your sweet ass (sorry @Curb_It ) that we won't get a referendum on that!

The only reason some Tories purport to want to leave with a 'hard Brexit' is that they think they can make a swift buck out of it via their business connections. They have no interest in the country or democracy.

You don't have to be mensa material to realise that 45 years of 'ever closer union' economic and political union under another name cannot be unravelled 'at a stroke.'

The only way to genuinely leave the EU politically without creating economic armageddon is via the interim step of EFTA.

Stephen Kinnock is the only politician that I know of honest enough to accept and promote that. A cynic might say that's because he knows it won't happen but, whilst I am not naturally inclined towards Labour primarily because of the hypocrisy endemic within it, I do think Kinnock genuinely respects the democratically expressed wish of the people and is seeking to deliver it.

Shame about the rest of the freeloading bastards.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!