Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CRYSTAL PALACE HAVE SCORED A GOAL

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Could anyone change the title of this thread? Very unpleasant to look at. No wonder they keep scoring goals.... :joy:
  • Options
    They"re staying up again. Period.
    I do kinda wish we could bury this thread for 5/10/15 years until we've got something to crow about.
  • Options

it’s not happening move on ....

It will happen one season but not this one unfortunately no matter how much we want it to

Honest to god I wish I could ban you from this thread. It’s no fun listening to this over and over again.

Hope isn’t a dirty word.
  • Options
    I had the misfortune of being at Selhurst yesterday. All of their fans are exactly what you’d expect. The stereotypes are spot on. And the songs they sing...you have to see/hear them to believe it.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

I had the misfortune of being at Selhurst yesterday. All of their fans are exactly what you’d expect. The stereotypes are spot on. And the songs they sing...you have to see/hear them to believe it.

Please explain yourself JaShea99,
    Are you a policeman or a crystal ?
    Or did you watch the game in the away end with Fulham mate ?
  • Options

JaShea99 said:

Please explain yourself JaShea99,
    Are you a policeman or a crystal ?
    Or did you watch the game in the away end with Fulham mate ?
    Needs to be the answer or you lose all respect from CL members haha
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

It will happen one season but not this one unfortunately no matter how much we want it to

Honest to god I wish I could ban you from this thread. It’s no fun listening to this over and over again.

Hope isn’t a dirty word.
    Ditto , when you build up fake hope for something that’s not gonna happen just yet .

I’m putting a more realistic slant on how it’s gonna be and trying to keep your unrealistic hopes in check .

• Options

JiMMy 85 said:

Hope isn’t a dirty word.
    Ditto , when you build up fake hope for something that’s not gonna happen just yet .

I’m putting a more realistic slant on how it’s gonna be and trying to keep your unrealistic hopes in check .

Are Charlton 100% gonna finish in playoffs
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

Hope isn’t a dirty word.

After the last week they’ve gone from 100% to 85% imo so a very good chance I reckon
    4-1 best price 5th favourites with bookies for promotion .

Palace are 22-1 best price to get relegated with hudders, Fulham and Cardiff odds on

• Options

JiMMy 85 said:

Hope isn’t a dirty word.

After the last week they’ve gone from 100% to 85% imo so a very good chance I reckon

Palace are 22-1 best price to get relegated with hudders, Fulham and Cardiff odds on

Odds mean nothing its all about points.

You are certain that Palace wont go down they are 4 points above Cardiff.

You are not certain we will get in the play offs yet we are 7 points above 7th.

Until its mathmatically impossible Palace could still go down
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2019

JiMMy 85 said:

Hope isn’t a dirty word.

Odds mean nothing its all about points.

You are certain that Palace wont go down they are 4 points above Cardiff.

You are not certain we will get in the play offs yet we are 7 points above 7th.

Until its mathmatically impossible Palace could still go down
    Odds are showing the likelihood of it happening or not

It’s about points and Goal diff and palaces is the best gd of the bottom 8

Everyone has played same games in bottom 8 of Prem

In League One 7th spot has two games in hand on us and 1 behind us on GD

So mathematically Arsenal could win the Premiership but it’s not gonna happen .

I will say here and now palace are 100% safe imo and £100 to upbeats if they go down
  • Options
    Odds mean nothing.

Leicester won the league remember.

Again Palace 4 points above 18th(lets say 5 due to goal difference)

If Doncaster win there games in hand they go above Peterborough so gonna use them as they woupd be 7th

Peterborough are 5 points behind us, based in your logic they 100% wont finish about us.

Logically Palace can still go down 2 bad results and results go against them and they are in the relegation zone its as simple as that
  • Options
    If Zaha signs for my favourite German team, Brossia Dortmund then he will go from a Tom Daley to a Tony Hawk.

Zero to Hero.
  • Options

Odds mean nothing.

Leicester won the league remember.

Again Palace 4 points above 18th(lets say 5 due to goal difference)

If Doncaster win there games in hand they go above Peterborough so gonna use them as they woupd be 7th

Peterborough are 5 points behind us, based in your logic they 100% wont finish about us.

Logically Palace can still go down 2 bad results and results go against them and they are in the relegation zone its as simple as that

You’re asking me my opinion

Odds are affectively showing the likelihood of something happening so miracles can happen and Leicester was that.
    I’m not saying it’ll be a miracle for the Nigel’s to go down but I genuinely think there is no chance of it happening .

Of course you only need two teams to get above Charlton and 4 have to get above palace from current positions

So i think they have a better chance of staying up than us making play offs
    And I’m pretty certain they’ll stay up and we will make play offs

Be realistic it’s not happening for palace this season , of course we can hope and pray just like we do for the scum to go down and us to make the autos but it’s not happening re palace going down imo

They look comfortable unfortunately but it won’t happen and I’ll gladly put £100 in the upbeats pot if they do go down , which they won’t .

• Options
    Did Palace copy 'Eagles' from Benfica?
  • Options

No, when they developed their county rivalry with Brighton they changed it so it rhymed with Seagulls.

As if you needed another reason to hate them.
  • Options
    rananegra said:

No, when they developed their county rivalry with Brighton they changed it so it rhymed with Seagulls.

Malcolm Allison had a strong recent record as a coach, having won trophies with Manchester City as an assistant to Joe Mercer. Allison, or 'Big Mal' as he was nicknamed in the press, had a flamboyant personality which was something of a change for the club, who previously had a rather conservative image. "The Glaziers" became "The Eagles" and the club changed its colours from the original claret and sky blue to a red and dark blue scheme inspired by Barcelona. The Eagle was also introduced as the club mascot at this time, an idea borrowed from Benfica, and the club badge was redesigned.
  • Options

rananegra said:

Malcolm Allison had a strong recent record as a coach, having won trophies with Manchester City as an assistant to Joe Mercer. Allison, or 'Big Mal' as he was nicknamed in the press, had a flamboyant personality which was something of a change for the club, who previously had a rather conservative image. "The Glaziers" became "The Eagles" and the club changed its colours from the original claret and sky blue to a red and dark blue scheme inspired by Barcelona. The Eagle was also introduced as the club mascot at this time, an idea borrowed from Benfica, and the club badge was redesigned.
    Can only assume they copied their old away kit from Brazil....a while ago mind. Also someone suggested that another old away kit of theirs was inspired by and old kit of AC Milan's.
  • Options
    rananegra said:

I think it's the other way round, didn't they call themselves Seagulls to take the piss out of Palace's Eagles? Their original nickname was the Dolphins.
  • Options
    rananegra said:

So they could have been called the Beagles then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

JiMMy 85 said:

Hope isn’t a dirty word.

It just strikes me that this thread is for those of us that like to enjoy a bit of hope. I mean... what's the point of a thread where we simply acknowledge Palace's mediocrity week after week?
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Hope isn’t a dirty word.

It just strikes me that this thread is for those of us that like to enjoy a bit of hope. I mean... what's the point of a thread where we simply acknowledge Palace's mediocrity week after week?
    It's a thread to enjoy watching them actually suffer, not for hoping that they might suffer. We can all rejoice when they sack their trendy new manager after 4 games or make it nearly all the way to Christmas without scoring a goal at home. There's nothing to gain from deluding ourselves though - there's no way they're going down this year, 4 points from 6 against 2 relegation rivals put the final nail in that.

Personally think that working out the highly unlikely connotations that might put them in a proper relegation battle makes us look a bit silly when I very much doubt that many of their divvy supporters are worried about relegation, and most of them, along with the other pondlife, are busy thinking about the easy FA Cup draws they've got and how there's a good chance they'll both get to go to Wembley again whilst we're still scrabbling around trying to get out of a division that we should never have set foot in in the first place.

I'm just gonna pretend they don't exist until they get knocked out.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

rananegra said:

So they could have been called the Beagles then?
    Let’s face it, most of them look like this little gimp, so Sméagols seems reasonable to me:

• Options
    FFS! Lads, I have promised the CL Politburo that I will not use the "C" word on here...

Arggh!
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Addickted said:

Still think this is more representative.

Some things just leave you speechless, you keep taking a look back to ensure your eyes were not deceiving you but still you are not convinced, after all people can work wonders with Photoshop right?
  • Options
    Addickted said:

My missus always buys her half time jackpot tickets from him!
  • Options
    Ross said:

Addickted said:

Wtf, you mean he is real?
  • Options

Ross said:

Addickted said:

Wtf, you mean he is real?
    Yep, he’s so geeky he’s actually a Charlton fan who thinks Roland does well for the club
  • Options
    Ross said:

Addickted said:

?