Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CRYSTAL PALACE HAVE SCORED A GOAL

Comments

• Options
    Thought they'd be falling over themselves to sign him.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Zaha will cost more than he’s worth. For all the fuss about him, he’s scored three goals and got two assists (plus a couple of penalty dives) in 20 games. He looks threatening but the vast majority of his work comes to nothing.

And his face is irritating.

And he’s a cheat
  • Options
    At some point refs will stop giving him penalties too.
  • Options
    Haven't we had as many/more penalties as the Stripeys this season? Big difference is our players are being fouled while attacking, rather than getting the ball in the box and waiting for an excuse to fall over.
    It's almost as if referees / defenders have sussed Zaha out. Nowhere near as good as Palace fans reckon - yes he has speed and trickery (which you'd expect from a winger) but he looks for the foul rather than the pass. I remember Nigels making a fuss when England managers kept passing him over; I think there's a reason no one has been in for him at the valuation Palace have (sadly like why no one has bought us at the valuation Roland has)
  • Options
    I don't know if they were just very cross because we beat them twice and probably were a bit lucky to do so but they came across as very bitter and hostile.

Think its because we boo Zaha and one of our players admittedly did kick him which should have been a red card.

Apparently we're more hated than Brighton and they didn't seem to care about you guys...

Palace will probably stay up because the bottom 3/4 are rubbish (I mean we aren't great and are 7th!) but kind of sums them up that they actually score some goals but still lose!

• Options
    TBF Think some of ours put up a mock dislike of them although think its more Zaha related than the club itself really...

And the fact their away end is a dump...(not that ours is great)

• Options

TBF Think some of ours put up a mock dislike of them although think its more Zaha related than the club itself really...

Having been to both Watford and Palace away several times each I can assure you your away end IS great compared to Palace.

Not sure if you've been to Palace away and with a sold out allocation but it really doesn't get much worse in football.
  • Options
    Yes - been a few times (we usually lose!)

Our away end is more modern but understand it can get cramped in there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Zaha will cost more than he’s worth. For all the fuss about him, he’s scored three goals and got two assists (plus a couple of penalty dives) in 20 games. He looks threatening but the vast majority of his work comes to nothing.

Glad it's not just me.
    I find his face extremely annoying.
    I think it's a combination of his crazy looking eyes and hair styles.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

I thought he was the only reason they stay up , now you tell me he’s not all that .

Just gotta let this season go as they complete another year of finishing above us.
    I’ve had 3 kids since we last finished above them ffs and the youngest is 7 in 3 weeks .
    Utterly shameful
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Having been to both Watford and Palace away several times each I can assure you your away end IS great compared to Palace.

Not sure if you've been to Palace away and with a sold out allocation but it really doesn't get much worse in football.
    Tbf to Palace the away end is a lot better before we turn up, than it is when we leave :smile:
    Even without it being Palace the Arthur Wait stand has a very low rake, a roof with just as low a rake, and the TV gantry in the way. Fill it up with everybody standing i'd bet unless you're down the first few rows you'll probably not see much between the near touchline and the centre circle.
  • Options
    I've been in the Arthur Wait stand and had a perfect view of Dennis' last second winner.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

I've been in the Arthur Wait stand and had a perfect view of Dennis' last second winner.

Yep , because it was a half empty away end for the long trip for a live tv match
  • Options

iaitch said:

Yep , because it was a half empty away end for the long trip for a live tv match
    In fairness, the crazy prices they were charging that day for a game live on TV didn't help.
  • Options
    Just heard it on SSN
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh that would be terrible (hahahahahahaha)
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

I thought he was the only reason they stay up , now you tell me he’s not all that .

Just gotta let this season go as they complete another year of finishing above us.
    I’ve had 3 kids since we last finished above them ffs and the youngest is 7 in 3 weeks .
    Utterly shameful
    I said he's not worth what they want for him. Do you disagree? Are you impressed with three goals in 20 games?

Still, it's been a while since you reminded us that Palace are above us in the league, so thanks for that. Again.
  • Options
    I have no idea what his worth but if he keeps them up he is probably priceless to them but I’m sure it’s not just down to him .
    One day they will go down but being slightly realistic that won’t be this season as much as we all live in hope .
    Sorry for speaking the truth , I know it hurts where them Surrey slags are concerned but they have been above us for more than should ever be allowed .
    Just thank our lucky stars it’s not our real rivals feasting at the top table .
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Fulham win. I don’t dare to post the Newcastle score. Or the Burnley score.
  • Options
    Southampton v Palace is massive tomorrow
  • Options
    They are playing in sheffield?
  • Options
    Fxck off Man U
  • Options
    Newcastle hold on for three points.
  • Options

And they are at home to Fulham on Saturday.

• Options

And they are at home to Fulham on Saturday.

Great win for Fulham tonight, a must win match really, but coming back from 2-0 should give them a real confidence boost