Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CRYSTAL PALACE HAVE SCORED A GOAL

Comments

• Options
    Jordon Mutch. 50k a week and he isn't even there. Has been on loan at Reading and to the MLS in the last 2 years.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Some players wages listed here.

• Options
    Stewart said:

Some players wages listed here.

Suspect your list is highly inaccurate. Can't believe Kaikai is on £3k a week. Surely that is a month? ☺️
  • Options
    good point.
  • Options
    Kaikai is well thought of at Palace - there was some surprise from a Palace supporting mate when I told him how crap he'd been. 3k a week though, blimey.
  • Options
    rananegra said:

Kaikai is well thought of at Palace - there was some surprise from a Palace supporting mate when I told him how crap he'd been. 3k a week though, blimey.

I agree. Can't believe they are paying him that much either.
  • Options
    Jaïro Riedewald £7,900,000 - £55k per week - Never heard of this guy, admittedly i wont look at their starting line up so probably a few i dont know.

My cousin is Palars, reckons they are going down and has said all season. I always have that horrible feeling they will pick up and do enough, hopefully i am wrong! Still a long way to go, i think they will be alright :(

Lol Benteke, always thought he was dross but £120k a week words fail me
  • Options
    Riedewald is a young Dutch international, signed by Frank de Boer who obviously knew him well from Ajax. Unfortunately de Boer lasted about a month, and Hodgson doesn't seem to rate him, although i think he's been injured quite a bit.
  • Options
    I need the number of the agent who managed to wangle 60k p/w for Connor Wickham.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In the first couple of months of the season it was clear there were 3 teams worse than Palace - Cardiff, Fulham and Newcastle.

However, in recent weeks the gap has closed with Cardiff winning 3 in a row, Burnley winning a couple and Fulham now changing their manager to Ranieri.

It's going to be an interesting relegation battle this season.
  • Options
    Palace have a sensible manager who did well to keep them up last year. Their first team is probably not bottom three, more low mid-table imo. But they want to rebuild their crappy ground, so don't want to spend out big fees/huge wages on the players who can keep them in mid-table. Injuries to their keys players like skippy, Townsend and Sakho would do the trick and then relegation would really twist the knife. We do have to remember that they have big US backing as well as premier league dosh so maybe they can afford to have such a large squad of overpaid misfits.
  • Options
    Funnily enough all the Palace fans I've spoken to recently reckon they're doomed, but I think that pessimism is one of the few things that they have in common with us. The difference is that ours is usually justified as we are owned by a madman who cannot succeed at anything related to football including selling us. They have a sensible long term owner whose brought in American money. OK they've a sh!t ground and a deserved reputation for cheating, but they also have strong support, including acting as an alternative form of musical theatre for disaffected teenagers who like dressing in black. I'm biased but I still think they'll stay up - definitely 3 worse teams: Cardiff, Huddersfield, Southampton, Newcastle all look worse and both Fulham and Burnley need to improve a lot.

I live in hope but not expectation.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Palace have a sensible manager who did well to keep them up last year. Their first team is probably not bottom three, more low mid-table imo. But they want to rebuild their crappy ground, so don't want to spend out big fees/huge wages on the players who can keep them in mid-table. Injuries to their keys players like skippy, Townsend and Sakho would do the trick and then relegation would really twist the knife. We do have to remember that they have big US backing as well as premier league dosh so maybe they can afford to have such a large squad of overpaid misfits.

The monies for the new stand are being provided by the Yanks and is ringfenced.

The cost of the stand (which still is a long way away from getting planning permission) will not effect their transfer kitty.
  • Options
    rananegra said:

Funnily enough all the Palace fans I've spoken to recently reckon they're doomed, but I think that pessimism is one of the few things that they have in common with us. The difference is that ours is usually justified as we are owned by a madman who cannot succeed at anything related to football including selling us. They have a sensible long term owner whose brought in American money. OK they've a sh!t ground and a deserved reputation for cheating, but they also have strong support, including acting as an alternative form of musical theatre for disaffected teenagers who like dressing in black. I'm biased but I still think they'll stay up - definitely 3 worse teams: Cardiff, Huddersfield, Southampton, Newcastle all look worse and both Fulham and Burnley need to improve a lot.

I live in hope but not expectation.

Watch it rananegra, they'll find you and come and flashmob you! Jazz hands and everything...
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    fulham really need to start winning some games - feel they will spend big in jan

southampton look doomed

huddersfield also

don't agree with the welsh being in english football leagues - but if cardiff can stay up then fair play to them, as the sqaud they have is v ordinary.

cardiff 14pts
    newcastle 13pts
    wankers 12 pts
    burnley 12pts
    hudds 10 pts
    southampton 9pts
    fulham 9pts

cant see anyone else being dragged in
  • Options
    Hard to predict who will go down from that lot

You have ordinary teams who will give 100% and be well organised (Cardiff/Huddersfield)
    You have reasonable teams who you would expect to pull clear, e.g. Burnley
    You have teams who haven't spent much money, but might do so now, e.g. Soton and Newcastle if they get new owners
    Soton and Fulham have new managers, will that give them a boost? Or will the new Soton boss struggle to adapt to this league?

• Options

fulham really need to start winning some games - feel they will spend big in jan

southampton look doomed

huddersfield also

don't agree with the welsh being in english football leagues - but if cardiff can stay up then fair play to them, as the sqaud they have is v ordinary.

cardiff 14pts
    newcastle 13pts
    wankers 12 pts
    burnley 12pts
    hudds 10 pts
    southampton 9pts
    fulham 9pts

cant see anyone else being dragged in

They already spent 100m in the summer!
  • Options
    Andros Townsend just scored what is probably the best goal you'll see all season. Unbelievable volley.
  • Options
    WTF is going on
    How are they winning
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Andros Townsend just scored what is probably the best goal you'll see all season. Unbelievable volley.

Taylor’s chip in the cup was better
  • Options
    City dominated for 30 minutes, then Palace nicked an equaliser out of nowhere, then a minute later Townsend hit the goal of his life.
  • Options
    City do have Aguero, De Bruyne and Mahrez on the bench, i'd imagine it won't be long before 2 or 3 of them are on.
  • Options
    Fuck's sake. Now they've got a penalty
  • Options
    Didnt Palace stop Liverpool winning the title a few season ago.

Looks like they are giving it to them this year
  • Options

Didnt Palace stop Liverpool winning the title a few season ago.

Looks like they are giving it to them this year

Haha no way is the league being decided before Christmas you silly billy

That said, come on City
  • Options
    Kyle Walker you fucking idiot.
  • Options
    Can't believe this is happening in Manchester.
  • Options
    If that one shot had not hit the bar 5 min ago, it would now be 3-3
  • Options
    Wankers. Goal of the season and a penalty and somehow they win.