Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CRYSTAL PALACE HAVE SCORED A GOAL

Comments

• Options
    FUCKING HELL...

Sunk to the nuts in guts!
  • Options
    A club with cunts like that supporting them has finished above us for 12 seasons and counting 
    shameful 
  • Options
    Supporting Charlton might be shit a lot of the time but I can still take comfort that i'm not a Palace fan
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    A club with cunts like that supporting them has finished above us for 12 seasons and counting 
    shameful 
    Dont worry they stil have another 6 years to draw level with us

https://www.myfootballfacts.com/england_footy/football-league/seasons-in-top-flight/
  • Options
    4 straight defeat and down to 14th, probably just about right for them given how bad the bottom sides are.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Zaha scored a good goal last night. But he is nearly 28 now. Sooner, rather than later, he is going to have to make his move if he is not to be stuck at Palace for the rest of his career. And surely he must realise now that if he wants to win something he will have to move on.

Take him out of their team and it will weaken it substantially. So let's hope he gets his move this summer! 
    Four goals and six assists this season. For a player entering his peak, that hardly screams 'come and get me' to sides that can provide him with a shot at silverware. I'm not sure any of the top 6 sides would be interested in him. And if they were, I'm not remotely convinced he would improve them. At best I can see him going to somewhere like Everton. 

DISCLAIMER: Jimmy 85 would like to acknowledge that Palace are in a division above Charlton and have been for some time. Any views expressed in this message do not require that to be pointed out. 
    Thankfully posts can't be flagged anymore but it's a sign of the gulf between us now that Zaha would probably cost more than our entire club if he was sold this summer
  • Options
    Palace turned down £50m for Zaha last summer wanting £80m.

If he goes this summer, I'd be surprised if it's for much more than £25m.

The Nigels are not happy about his performances this season - some believe a deal has already been done - though not many clubs can match his current £125k a week salary.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Zaha scored a good goal last night. But he is nearly 28 now. Sooner, rather than later, he is going to have to make his move if he is not to be stuck at Palace for the rest of his career. And surely he must realise now that if he wants to win something he will have to move on.

Take him out of their team and it will weaken it substantially. So let's hope he gets his move this summer! 
    Four goals and six assists this season. For a player entering his peak, that hardly screams 'come and get me' to sides that can provide him with a shot at silverware. I'm not sure any of the top 6 sides would be interested in him. And if they were, I'm not remotely convinced he would improve them. At best I can see him going to somewhere like Everton. 

DISCLAIMER: Jimmy 85 would like to acknowledge that Palace are in a division above Charlton and have been for some time. Any views expressed in this message do not require that to be pointed out. 
    The "6 assists" stat is a bit misleading - if he had better forwards to aim at than Benteke and Ayew he'd probably have two or three times that many. Hardly his fault that most decent balls he plays into the box will end up getting miss-kicked into row Z.

Much as I enjoy berating Palace, he's a very good player, good enough for Alex Ferguson to sign and United were in general disarray throughout his time up there, so the fact he didn't make it isn't necessarily a reflection on him.

I think he'd strengthen Arsenal or Spurs, probably Chelsea as well. I also think it will quickly be game over for Palace's unremarkable stint in the top flight when he goes, and I suspect most Palae fans would reluctantly admit that as well. Rest of the squad are journeymen, very little genuine quality.
  • Options
    Considering how poor they are in attack i noticed that they have Sorloth out on loan to Trabzonspor. 

Goals this season:

Crystal Palace 30
    Sorloth 29
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    The Sorloth situation is hilarious.

Two year loan deal with an option to buy at £6m. No recall clause, but Palace are allowed to call him back for £9m.

Rumours are that Trabzonspor have been offered £25m for him from a Spanish Club.

And we moaned about Katrien's deals.
  • Options
    Mind you whenever I saw Sorloth over here he didn't look up to much.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Mind you whenever I saw Sorloth over here he didn't look up to much.
    True. But that was because he was playing for Palace.
  • Options

I think his chance at a (second) big move has gone, as you say he's 28 which is old for a winger, and won't be worth the money Palace will try to force out of teams.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    The Sorloth situation is hilarious.

Two year loan deal with an option to buy at £6m. No recall clause, but Palace are allowed to call him back for £9m.

Rumours are that Trabzonspor have been offered £25m for him from a Spanish Club.

And we moaned about Katrien's deals.

• Options
    Does that mean palace could recall him for 9 million then sell him for 25 million or am I missing something
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Justafan said:
    Does that mean palace could recall him for 9 million then sell him for 25 million or am I missing something
    Yes - but only if Sorloth agrees to the move back.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Justafan said:
    Yes - but only if Sorloth agrees to the move back.
    He's contracted to Palace though so surely if there's a 9m recall clause and Palace pay it, then he wouldn't have a choice?
  • Options
    AGAIN...

I hope he stays, he went down hill this season and if there next season will be even less interested.
  • Options
    Hodgson complaining about their ageing squad and need for recruitment

Very poor end to the season, if that slump had started earlier they would have been in trouble
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    This is a big summer for them. Squad needs a rebuild, Roy is turning 93, Zaha won’t command the transfer fee they wanted a year ago. The bottom eventually falls out for all mid to lower Prem teams so there’s always hope. 

DISCLAIMER: Jimmy 85 would like to acknowledge that Palace are two divisions above Charlton and have been for some time. Any views expressed in this message do not require that to be pointed out. 
    Still a bunch of stripey cnuts though!
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    DISCLAIMER: Jimmy 85 would like to acknowledge that Palace are two divisions above Charlton and have been for some time. Any views expressed in this message do not require that to be pointed out. 
    It was only one division at the start of this season just finished , just in case you didn’t know .
    i thought I’d point that out 

• Options
    Nailed on for relegation next season. 
  • Options
    Nailed on for relegation next season. 
    Nah, honestly wont be surprised if the three teams coming up all go straight back down because of the turn around time, absolutely no time to prepare

Even if one or two dont you can rely on West Ham | Brighton | Aston Villa all being worse

The sort of luck we have at the moment, Liverpool and Man City will be relegated from the Premier League (together) before that lot