Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CRYSTAL PALACE HAVE SCORED A GOAL

Comments

• Options
    And that result highlights why Palace are in real trouble. 

For large parts of the game Everton were absolute rubbish. But apart from a 15 minute spell just after half time Palace played with little purpose or intent. Indeed they finished a complete mess.

If the other teams at the bottom of the table can start winning, this could get really interesting. 

Keep believing! 
    Even then that 15 minute spell was fairly  uneventful, and the goal was fortunate. 
  • Options
    Palace smashed.  Brighton and Watford a point closer.  Good results today.  Come on Bournemouth and Villa.
  • Options
    Palace smashed.  Brighton and Watford a point closer.  Good results today.  Come on Bournemouth and Villa.
    Maybe a shame Brighton equalised as would have been good for one of the teams to get 3 points. But as you say Brighton and Watford move closer.

Seriously this year has definitely got potential! 
  • Options
    Palarse have, at last, made their way into the European Top 20.

20th highest player wage bill :D

• Options
    edited February 2020
    JiMMy 85 said:
    we can but dream of being as shit as them
    You find so many ways to say this, it’s really weird. 

I’d sooner be us no matter what, and especially now. 
    saying they’re currently  a better team than us is simply stating the truth no matter what your weird issues are with the stripey bellends .
    they are just about to complete their 7th consecutive top flight season with an FA Cup Final appearance and 13th consecutive season finishing above us and counting .

Yep 4th bottom and 4-5 points from relegation to the third tier or  7th bottom and 6 points from relegation to the second tier .

id like to swap footballing positions with them not anything else they are a Localish rival who live in the black hole of South London and are not even our main rivals .

i Thought this may be the year but 9 to 1 to go down means we need a miracle to happen .

and I hate them as much as the next weirdo , making my 6 year old nephew cry(sorry I felt bad for that) and getting my sons to booooo him when he arrives in a palace kit . So yes I’m more a  weirdo than most but you challenge me heavily in the weirdo obsession stakes ! 
  • Options
    Stalker alert 😜
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Every single Charlton supporter knows they are in a better position than us. Nobody wants to think about it, let alone talk about it. Nobody is denying it. But we'd still rather be us. And now, there's a chance we're on the start of an upward swing, and a chance they're on a downward. But you're back to drum it into us YET AGAIN that they are good, and we are not. Why do you want to say it so much? Can you answer just that one question - why do you want to keep saying it? 

At first I thought it was a funny thing to argue about, but now I sincerely think it's fucking weird! It's the only point you ever have to make, that and "they won't go down". Maybe they won't, but it's fun to dream! 

------

"Can only imagine the extra torture they are going through as they look to see us grab a home point off the mighty Bury to cement our 7th place in League One in front of a sub 10k crowd . You just know they’d give everything to swap places with us right now" - oohaahmortimer 

"Say it as many times as you like but they’re jammy been above us since relegation from the Prem" - oohaahmortimer 

"As we ,the joke of all clubs , slosh about 1 league below our rivals and two leagues below the Surrey choir boys" - oohaahmortimer 

"We pull ourselves around the living room getting a point at Wigan by wasting time and hanging on and poxy palarse are gutted about drawing with one of the best teams in the world." - oohaahmortimer 

"And yes they are all geeky Surrey choir boys but we are leagues apart in footballing terms" - oohaahmortimer 

"I hate them for being good. I hate us for being shit" - oohaahmortimer 

"i hate us, them" - oohaahmortimer 

"we are still the shittest football team in south London by a long way" - oohaahmortimer 

"we are lightyears away from palarse" - oohaahmortimer 

"13 seasons and counting pathetic beyond belief" - oohaahmortimer 

"They’re drawing with fuckign Arsenal 2-2 and we’re fucking losing at Rochdale" - oohaahmortimer 

"They’ve finished above us for a million years and will continue to do so" - oohaahmortimer 

"I understand the clutching of straws and desperation for them to be as shit as us but I think we have some time to go yet"  - oohaahmortimer 

"You look at that shit and they are still as a club in a shit ground worth more than us by a gizzard load , ridiculous how shit we are" - oohaahmortimer 

"Ffs I’m wanking off that we beat the mighty gills and they’ve beaten one of the best teams in the world ..." - oohaahmortimer 

"The gap is beyond a joke" - oohaahmortimer 

"I will say here and now palace are 100% safe imo" - oohaahmortimer 

Under pic of palace fan: "Yep, he’s so geeky he’s actually a Charlton fan" - oohaahmortimer 

"oh to be living the troublesome times they are going through" - oohaahmortimer 

"thank fuck they are too far away to be considered rivals" - oohaahmortimer 

You’d obviously prefer if I said we’re much better  than them or some shit and tell you they’re deffo going down , well when I start saying that then your dreams will be closer to happening  than they currently are .
    im happy to put it to the vote that you out weirdo me !! 
    i just like to put a reality to the situation
    i do  dream about us winning the champions league palace and millwall going bust and us having a support which makes up its own songs and sells out every away game and bounces for the full 90 mins  o thing wrong with that even if I know it happening just yet .

My grown up niece and nephews were mascots for the sha la la la la la games and we still talk about that now with immense pleasure , I hate palace and the only thing worse than them doing well would  be the scum and thank fuck it’s not them .

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Roy hodgson is very similar in what he's doing at palace to what Lee bowyer is doing at Charlton. Palace wouldn't be punching above their weight without him.
  • Options
    Roy hodgson is very similar in what he's doing at palace to what Lee bowyer is doing at Charlton. Palace wouldn't be punching above their weight without him.
    They have the 20th highest wage bill in Europe and we have/had the lowest budget in Championship. How are our managers doing a similar job?
  • Options
    Well they’re paying most of that to the worst striker in the league... 
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Every single Charlton supporter knows they are in a better position than us. Nobody wants to think about it, let alone talk about it. Nobody is denying it. But we'd still rather be us. And now, there's a chance we're on the start of an upward swing, and a chance they're on a downward. But you're back to drum it into us YET AGAIN that they are good, and we are not. Why do you want to say it so much? Can you answer just that one question - why do you want to keep saying it? 

At first I thought it was a funny thing to argue about, but now I sincerely think it's fucking weird! It's the only point you ever have to make, that and "they won't go down". Maybe they won't, but it's fun to dream! 

------

"Can only imagine the extra torture they are going through as they look to see us grab a home point off the mighty Bury to cement our 7th place in League One in front of a sub 10k crowd . You just know they’d give everything to swap places with us right now" - oohaahmortimer 

"Say it as many times as you like but they’re jammy been above us since relegation from the Prem" - oohaahmortimer 

"As we ,the joke of all clubs , slosh about 1 league below our rivals and two leagues below the Surrey choir boys" - oohaahmortimer 

"We pull ourselves around the living room getting a point at Wigan by wasting time and hanging on and poxy palarse are gutted about drawing with one of the best teams in the world." - oohaahmortimer 

"And yes they are all geeky Surrey choir boys but we are leagues apart in footballing terms" - oohaahmortimer 

"we are still the shittest football team in south London by a long way" - oohaahmortimer 

"They’re drawing with fuckign Arsenal 2-2 and we’re fucking losing at Rochdale" - oohaahmortimer 

"They’ve finished above us for a million years and will continue to do so" - oohaahmortimer 

"I understand the clutching of straws and desperation for them to be as shit as us but I think we have some time to go yet"  - oohaahmortimer 

"You look at that shit and they are still as a club in a shit ground worth more than us by a gizzard load , ridiculous how shit we are" - oohaahmortimer 

"Ffs I’m wanking off that we beat the mighty gills and they’ve beaten one of the best teams in the world ..." - oohaahmortimer 

Under pic of palace fan: "Yep, he’s so geeky he’s actually a Charlton fan" - oohaahmortimer 

You’d obviously prefer if I said we’re much better  than them or some shit and tell you they’re deffo going down , well when I start saying that then your dreams will be closer to happening  than they currently are .

Nah, I just don’t want to be reminded how great they are and how shit we are that much. 
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    JiMMy 85 said:

------

Nah, I just don’t want to be reminded how great they are and how shit we are that much. 
    Wouldn't happen if others didn't constantly resurrect this crassly titled thread, gleefully revelling in their "plight" whilst we are scratching around in a relegation fight a league below them and having got near them for years.
    It's a pretty pathetic look tbh
  • Options
    What six a bag said , simple really 
  • Options
    So why are you two in the thread? There are plenty of threads I don’t open and say “I don’t like this thread, let me spoil your fun” in. 
  • Options
    If they do in fact have the 20th highest wage bill in the world, then he's definitely not got Palace punching above their weight.

The figures show they have the 9th highest wage bill in the premier league, so having Palace hovering close to the relegation zone is most certainly under-achieving.
  • Options
    If they do in fact have the 20th highest wage bill in the world, then he's definitely not got Palace punching above their weight.

The figures show they have the 9th highest wage bill in the premier league, so having Palace hovering close to the relegation zone is most certainly under-achieving.
    Good 
  • Options
    More to the point - why do we have to be successful in order to talk about anyone else? Why are you not in the West Ham thread admonishing anyone who wants them to go down? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

------

Thanks Jimmy, some classics there, proper lols. 

I think you either get the humour or you don't.

Personally, I laugh every time, even though it's the same joke with different words.

Oohaah is usually right as well (like me :-). 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    JiMMy 85 said:
    More to the point - why do we have to be successful in order to talk about anyone else? Why are you not in the West Ham thread admonishing anyone who wants them to go down? 
    I think you type a lot of shit on this thread and it’s not even close to reality but if it helps you feel better go for it , you point out why you don’t like me writing the truth prolly cos it hurts , that’s what  a forum is for isn’t it . 
    Or would you like us all to say oh yes you’re right they’re  going down .
    I don’t care too much for West Ham , I’d like to see them suffer like every football club apart from ours .
    Palace are our second rivals a club of similar stature who are a lot more successful than us recently and it really pisses me off that we are that far behind them , same with scum obviously but not as far behind them .

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Got no problem with wishing disaster and shit on our rivals mate, especially Palace.
    Just think that premature gloating from a position of weakness looks really naff.
    But yeh, I should duck out of the thread
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    I think you type a lot of shit on this thread and it’s not even close to reality but if it helps you feel better go for it , you point out why you don’t like me writing the truth prolly cos it hurts , that’s what  a forum is for isn’t it . 
    Or would you like us all to say oh yes you’re right they’re  going down .
    I don’t care too much for West Ham , I’d like to see them suffer like every football club apart from ours .
    Palace are our second rivals a club of similar stature who are a lot more successful than us recently and it really pisses me off that we are that far behind them , same with scum obviously but not as far behind them .

I don’t think I’m alone on having some fun, or enjoying it when Palace have bad luck. Charlton don’t have to be in the champs league to do that, nor do we have to take ourselves as seriously as you do. Nothing you say hurts, don’t give yourself so much credit - it’s just a party-pooping bore to read it. And strange that you don’t mind saying it so much. 
  • Options
    Bournemouth losing was certainly disappointing and bought a swift end to my mini dream
  • Options
    Have we all finished now?
  • Options
    No. Their stagnation whilst we slowly improve gives me hope.

The fiasco of their multi million pound flops like Benteke, Sahko and Meyer - who cost them the best part of £300k per week, the meltdown when they finally lose Wellfried Zaha, the fact that yesterdays squad was the oldest in the Premier League history and their run down, falling apart, fire hazard, asbestos ridden, sinking stadium which they can't develop no matter what they throw at it, gives me the utmost satisfaction.

I guarantee, the natural order of things will return within the next three years.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    I guarantee, the natural order of things will return within the next three years.
    Promise me , pinky promise 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Addickted said:
    Promise me , pinky promise 
    Image result for kellys heroes negative vibes gif