Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Arsenal v Cologne

Comments

• Options

I can't recollect German fans ever coming over in such numbers, and causing such problems before, I imagine everyone was caught out, both clubs and the police.

20,000 football fans don't travel from Cologne to London without anybody noticing. Sounds like the Met has fucked up big time.
    and coincidentally only 5 arrests. Sounds like our finest were caught out here.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

A friend who's been an Arsenal steward for about 13 years I think - said she's never seen anything like it since being there. Sounded quite hairy from some of her comments on her FB page.

"Only just escaped! They smashed through a door from away to home fans and we had to hold it back using table legs through the door handles!"

Reckons the dogs should have been let off to deal with them the way they were acting towards them.

Dogs, that would be German on German attack.
  • Options

1StevieG said:

Frothing at the mouth because a few thousand away fans managed to get into home areas is quite valid I think. Even though it went off fairly quietly with a few scuffles I doubt that folks with their kids found it any less scary.

OK I take that point, but that wasn't what former Coveredender @Covered End ( :smile: ) was frothing about. The question I am still not seeing answered in the media is how many of them got in without tickets, and how the hell that happened, if it did. If so, I would have expected a lot more than "five public order arrests". If they nearly all purchased tickets, then its Arsenal who have some questions to answer.

I look forward to your balanced view the next time we hit the headlines if only 5 arrests are made :wink:

Somehow I think your approach will be very different.
    Are you a fan of balanced views?
    Are you suggesting otherwise?
    Should I be?
  • Options
    Does Kansas have a lot of Gooners with season tickets?
  • Options
    uefa charges;

Cologne;
    crowd disturbance
    setting off fireworks
    throwing objects
    multiple acts of damage

Arsenal;
    away stairs blocked
  • Options

1StevieG said:

Frothing at the mouth because a few thousand away fans managed to get into home areas is quite valid I think. Even though it went off fairly quietly with a few scuffles I doubt that folks with their kids found it any less scary.

OK I take that point, but that wasn't what former Coveredender @Covered End ( :smile: ) was frothing about. The question I am still not seeing answered in the media is how many of them got in without tickets, and how the hell that happened, if it did. If so, I would have expected a lot more than "five public order arrests". If they nearly all purchased tickets, then its Arsenal who have some questions to answer.

I look forward to your balanced view the next time we hit the headlines if only 5 arrests are made :wink:

Should I be?
    Why do you ask?
  • Options

1StevieG said:

Should I be?
    Why do you ask?
    Interested to know if you are a fan of balanced views, you don't have to tell me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    if arsenal would of given a fair allocation 20% wouldn't of seen this bother, some of there fans clearly didn't care about the game.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

1StevieG said:

Should I be?
    Why do you ask?
    Interested to know if you are a fan of balanced views, you don't have to tell me.
    Yes, yes I am. I now look forward to whatever it is you've been dying to dig out or the actual point you've been wanting to make.

Fill your boots.
  • Options

if arsenal would of given a fair allocation 20% wouldn't of seen this bother, some of there fans clearly didn't care about the game.

They are only bound to give up 5% of their seating for visiting fans.
  • Options

I can't recollect German fans ever coming over in such numbers, and causing such problems before, I imagine everyone was caught out, both clubs and the police.

20,000 football fans don't travel from Cologne to London without anybody noticing. Sounds like the Met has fucked up big time.
    and coincidentally only 5 arrests. Sounds like our finest were caught out here.
    Probably because their resources are so thinly spread and they are prioritorising trying to stop tube trains getting blown up rather than having to fuck about worrying about grown tits acting up at football.
    Also, football clubs aren't too keen on spending their millions paying for the police to help them earn all that cash.
  • Options

Have
  • Options
    I had wondered beforehand how many home fans would have been interested last night anyway, after 20 years in the Champions League, I can't imagine the Europa league being a big attraction,
  • Options

1StevieG said:

Should I be?
    Why do you ask?
    Yes, yes I am. I now look forward to whatever it is you've been dying to dig out or the actual point you've been wanting to make.

Fill your boots.
    Good to hear it. I will look forward to seeing balanced comments from you in the future then.

We got there in the end, no need to fill my boots.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

From your BBC report @Covered End

"They did throw bottles and let off flares, but there was no significant disorder, police were on scene and there have been no arrests."

You do realise that apart from the flares, the Sint-Truiden police would have made an identical comment when we - you and I - were there in March?

So you're condoning throwing bottles around London and letting off flares ?

You condone the assaults on the stewards ?

Unbelievable, you seem to often take the side of Europeans over the English.

If English fans were throwing bottles and letting off flares in Prague, you would be fine with that would you ?

NB Charlton fans in Sint-Truiden didn't throw bottles or let off flares.

My God you're insufferable at times.

https://twitter.com/TheRealCasuals_
  • Options

1StevieG said:

Should I be?
    Why do you ask?

Fill your boots.
    Good to hear it. I will look forward to seeing balanced comments from you in the future then.

One mans balanced is another mans skewed.

We'd have got there even sooner if you hadn't fannied about in saying what you really wanted to say.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

A friend who's been an Arsenal steward for about 13 years I think - said she's never seen anything like it since being there. Sounded quite hairy from some of her comments on her FB page.

"Only just escaped! They smashed through a door from away to home fans and we had to hold it back using table legs through the door handles!"

Reckons the dogs should have been let off to deal with them the way they were acting towards them.

You're friend should stop frothing at the mouth and give those lovely Koln flans a nice big hug. :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    FYI - 15000 Koln fans applied for Belgrade away tickets. They've been given 2000.

I wouldn't be so worried about the fans over there, more so the police.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

A friend who's been an Arsenal steward for about 13 years I think - said she's never seen anything like it since being there. Sounded quite hairy from some of her comments on her FB page

She would have fitted in well with the other female German fans then :wink:
  • Options

Have
    twat
  • Options

I had wondered beforehand how many home fans would have been interested last night anyway, after 20 years in the Champions League, I can't imagine the Europa league being a big attraction,

That's the problem with plastic fans. I support Charlton in the prem, champ, league 1 and whatever league we play in. Even the JPT for goodness sake!
  • Options

Curb_It said:

You're friend should stop frothing at the mouth and give those lovely Koln flans a nice big hug. :wink:
    Exactly!! But she is aching too much today to do much frothing now. She's knackered at home resting.

• Options

1StevieG said:

Should I be?
    Why do you ask?

Fill your boots.

We'd have got there even sooner if you hadn't fannied about in saying what you really wanted to say.
    So not balanced then?

I would have thought you would have enjoyed a pithy conversation, so why rush.
  • Options

1StevieG said:

Should I be?
    Why do you ask?

Fill your boots.

So not balanced then?

Again, you 'thought' wrong. Becoming somewhat of a habit.
  • Options

1StevieG said:

Should I be?
    Why do you ask?

Fill your boots.

So not balanced then?

So I can look forward to both balanced remarks and verbose comments from you in the future then?
  • Options

1StevieG said:

Should I be?
    Why do you ask?

Fill your boots.

So not balanced then?

So I can look forward to both balanced remarks and verbose comments from you in the future then?
    Did my answer only leave you with the option suggested in your latest retort?

If not then it seems a bit odd that you'd jump to a singular conclusion.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

To me looking at some of the videos there was minimal agg for that many lads at an away ground and around town .
    Yes there was agg but 20k of fans there's bound to be dicks amongst em but even when there was trouble to me it looked like a few were policing themselves to calm it down .
    It didn't look like they were intent on trouble .
    They managed to walk down the road without smacking car windows and mirrors off , which is a hard task to do if you're a divvy footy fan.
    Where were the running clashes with police / rival fans and chairs being lobbed about that you usually se in town centres .
    Contradiction time . Lobbing those barriers was dangerous and ridiculous but it looked from what I saw there was mainly good spirited Germans having a laugh .
    Don't think any seasoned footy fan would have felt worried and I'm a proper wimp when it comes to aggro .

thing is arsenal fans are a bit precious... meanwhile the bloke whos filming it is having a fit, crying out "this is the worst I've ever seen it" I expect the next line would of been "oh the humanity" before he faints.
    Sorry Tarquin, do you mind awfully if I finish my Prosciutto & Rocket Artisan Flatbread before complain about the ambience?...

Aren't Spurs having their own artisan cheese kitchen in their new stadium or something ?