Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v West Indies 2017

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2017
    What a gormless twat Jordan looks like after bowling the first ball wide. Gurning from ear to ear with all that gold round yer neck you donkey.
  • Options
    Gonna be a big row with me and the Mrs shortly.
    X factor or cricket.
    F#$/ng women
  • Options

X factor or cricket.
    F#$/ng women

Just don't give her the remote control. Easy.
  • Options
    Roy out first ball.
  • Options
    Hales out for 43 off 17
  • Options
    We've gone off the boil since, spinners strangling the game. I'd forgotten about Narine
  • Options
    not a good batting display
  • Options

not a good batting display

Piss poor.
  • Options
    and England lose
  • Options

X factor or cricket.
    F#$/ng women

I presume it was X Factor.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not England or West Indies , but i notice JP Duminy has quit Test cricket today.
  • Options
    Friend of mind got to present the motm prize at the 20/20 game. Lovely lady.
  • Options
    Going up to Nottingham for a few nights on Wednesday having purchased Eng WI ticket for Thursday - looking forward to it, hopefully stays dry..
  • Options
    Got tickets for the Oval next wednesday. Looking forward to it
  • Options
    Bl00dy hell, are they still playing this late ??!!
  • Options

Bl00dy hell, are they still playing this late ??!!

Yes all the ODIs, other than Bristol, are day/night games as well, perfect for the balmy September evenings...

Went to the CT match on the 1st June. Back at the Oval next week, nearly 4 months later!
  • Options
    Talking about that , its just over 2 months until the first Ashes Test match starts in Brisbane on 23rd November.
  • Options
    great idea to hold the 20/20 and some 50/50 games in early autumn in the north and midlands .. warm coats, thermal underwear, hats and gloves are required .. and that's just for the players .. what's happened to the idea that the one dayers should be played in late spring/early summer ? .. and a tri series between England, South Africa and the West Indies would have been a major attraction
  • Options

great idea to hold the 20/20 and some 50/50 games in early autumn in the north and midlands .. warm coats, thermal underwear, hats and gloves are required .. and that's just for the players .. what's happened to the idea that the one dayers should be played in late spring/early summer ? .. and a tri series between England, South Africa and the West Indies would have been a major attraction

Temp forecast (according to BBC) for today in Manchester is 15 degs.
    Forecast for Margate is (ok ,they don't play cricket internationals there).......... 15 degs.

So, its not always warmer in the south.
  • Options
    Fortunately the weather forecast for the next week seems a bit better, dryer and slightly warmer, the first half of September has been rubbish this year!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Forecast for Margate is (ok ,they don't play cricket internationals there).......... 15 degs.

are you not aware that there is a delayed start in 'sunny' Manchester ? .. the odds are always going to be that it's warmer in the south than in the north/midlands .. at any rate, my main point is that this is far too late to be starting an international series of one day games, either north south, east or west
  • Options
    Under way now. Gayle teeing off after being dropped by Root 3rd ball
  • Options
    Root drops a sitter then catches a blinder .. at least the crowd saw Gayle bash a few .. though not too many I am pleased to say
  • Options

Root drops a sitter then catches a blinder .. at least the crowd saw Gayle bash a few .. though not too many I am pleased to say

I imagine most of the crowd would be happy to see Gayle smack the ball around, as long as the likes of Hales can smack the ball around even more!
  • Options
    edited September 2017

are you not aware that there is a delayed start in 'sunny' Manchester ? .. the odds are always going to be that it's warmer in the south than in the north/midlands .. at any rate, my main point is that this is far too late to be starting an international series of one day games, either north south, east or west
    It was done tongue-in-cheek, Margate was the only Southern town that i could find that had a temp the same as Manc.
    My point is , September , especially in the last decade has nearly always been a good month weather-wise - i'm sure if someone had the time to do the stats they could concur with that statement - and tbh Manchester at any time of the year is going to be dodge whether (no pun) it be July or September. My understanding is that the weather is/was fine this morning, it was just outfield conditions?
    I checked out the weather forecast for the rest of this series, and it looks like Bristol is the only one that might be hit - I class Bristol as in the south, don't you?
    I don't have a problem with a series starting this 'late' , maybe lets gauge it at the end of the series?
  • Options
    BTW 15 Degs in Luxembourg today - beautiful day !
  • Options
    Bairstow catches Hope on the boundary with a blinder according to Cricinfo.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Plunkett only gone for 3.5 off his 5 overs so far. He's turned into a good limited overs bowler.
    Pssst, is my mate, Jordan playing ?
  • Options
    107-4 off 26 Stokes gets his nemesis Samuels strangled down the leg-side.
  • Options
    England's bowling has been pretty good .. but the Windies seem VERY lacklustre