Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v West Indies 2017

Comments

• Options
    The WI are losing Hope.

Kyle Hope ran out 0
  • Options
    Loads of nicks not going to hand, and instead the 2nd wicket is though a fluky deflected by the bowler run out!
  • Options

Jints said:

Feels like the first decent (i.e. competitive) test match we've had for ages. Really enjoyed it and very pleased that Windies have shown some fight although I'd be surprised if England didn't wrap it up by tea.

In other underdog news Bangladesh have a great chance of beating Australia who have been set 265 to win, a really tough 4th innings target.

Nathan Lyon now has 247 wickets, the second highest Australian spinner, a great effort
    Just for the record, Lyon has 256, Benaud took 248.
  • Options
    in the style of ooahmortimer, at 12.40 with the Windies on 70-2, I'd say the odds are:

England 45%
    Windies 30%
    Draw 25%
  • Options

in the style of ooahmortimer, at 12.40 with the Windies on 70-2, I'd say the odds are:

England 45%
    Windies 30%
    Draw 25%

More like.
    England 75%
    Windies 15%
    Draw 10%
  • Options

England 45%
    Windies 30%
    Draw 25%

More like.
    England 75%
    Windies 15%
    Draw 10%
    Based on current in-play odds

England 62%
    Windies 10%
    Draw 28%
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Jints said:

Feels like the first decent (i.e. competitive) test match we've had for ages. Really enjoyed it and very pleased that Windies have shown some fight although I'd be surprised if England didn't wrap it up by tea.

In other underdog news Bangladesh have a great chance of beating Australia who have been set 265 to win, a really tough 4th innings target.

Nathan Lyon now has 247 wickets, the second highest Australian spinner, a great effort
    Just for the record, Lyon has 256, Benaud took 248.
    Ah cricinfo hadn't updated for this Test!
  • Options
    England 60
    Draw 30
    Windies 10

Would be my odds
  • Options
    Let me amend Covered End's post: West Indies have two hopes: no hope, and Shai Hope
  • Options
    listening on Radio 5 x .. Graeme Swann ... shut the fuck up !!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Is he still chanting Roston Chase over and over again in a weird Caribbean accent?
  • Options

Is he still chanting Roston Chase over and over again in a weird Caribbean accent?
    sounds like a chipmunk on speed .. great bowler, absolute tool of a summariser
  • Options
    Never forgive him for walking out of The Ashes
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

England 45%
    Windies 30%
    Draw 25%

More like.
    England 75%
    Windies 15%
    Draw 10%

England 62%
    Windies 10%
    Draw 28%
    If I'd had seen them then I'd have placed more money than KR has to spend this week. Odds on a WIndies win imo. I'd say now

windies 60
    england 20
    draw 20
  • Options

bobmunro said:

England 45%
    Windies 30%
    Draw 25%

More like.
    England 75%
    Windies 15%
    Draw 10%

England 62%
    Windies 10%
    Draw 28%
    If I'd had seen them then I'd have placed more money than KR has to spend this week. Odds on a WIndies win imo. I'd say now

windies 60
    england 20
    draw 20
    Stay patient golfi one more wicket could trigger a collapse plus we have a second new ball later in the day
  • Options
    England will just close it out in the last session if it looks like getting away from them - not as if there are any fielding restrictions in Tests.
  • Options
    A really good day 5, was half tempted to drive up to Headingley today!
  • Options

bobmunro said:

England 45%
    Windies 30%
    Draw 25%

More like.
    England 75%
    Windies 15%
    Draw 10%

England 62%
    Windies 10%
    Draw 28%

windies 60
    england 20
    draw 20
    Stay patient golfi one more wicket could trigger a collapse plus we have a second new ball later in the day
    But only have 16 overs left to bowl with it. Thats why I think Root missed a
    trick. Once Ali was out yesterday Briaf & Woakes spent around 10-12 overs basically defending & picking up 2-3 runs an over. Just needed 3 or 4 big overs & could have declared with the same amount of runs but then have 12 overs at the end of yesterday instead of the 6 they eventually had.
  • Options

England will just close it out in the last session if it looks like getting away from them - not as if there are any fielding restrictions in Tests.

The required scoring rate isn't high though, only around 3 an over. IF they don't lose wickets, that isn't hard to achieve
  • Options
    If we do lose, then it will be a good lesson for Rooty early in his captaincy career. Against Windies I can give that- against Oz maybe not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brathwaite out for 95, could that be the turning point
  • Options
    197-3, target 322
  • Options
    ross1 said:

197-3, target 322

Still think the Windies will win. 125 off 35 overs is easy. No need to hit bounderies at all.
  • Options

ross1 said:

197-3, target 322

Still think the Windies will win. 125 off 35 overs is easy. No need to hit bounderies at all.
    All three results are pretty much equal chances - maybe England the outsider of three with the draw and Windies about equal.
  • Options
    I reckon the Windies will go for it,this will cause a mini collapse and we will finish them off with the new ball
  • Options
    Graeme swann is about as entertaining as a bloody stool
  • Options
    edited August 2017

I reckon the Windies will go for it,this will cause a mini collapse and we will finish them off with the new ball

That's the spirit B72- that optimism could only come from a Surrey fan, Clearly the down-trodden Kent massive believe England will lose.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Graeme swann is about as entertaining as a bloody stool

His constant impressions are bloody annoying

It's like he's got ADHD.
    Not very TMS.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

197-3, target 322

They don't need to "go for it". Play as have been at 3 runs an over and job done.
  • Options

ross1 said:

197-3, target 322

They don't need to "go for it". Play as have been at 3 runs an over and job done.
    You really ain't that confident are you