Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Karl Robinson in tonight's Evening Standard.

124»

Comments

• To moan that we are in L1 with Millwall and Palace in higher divisions is superfluous, we have been in similar positions before and the only way out of it is to support the team.

Easy for you to say living so far away from the pondlife ..
    If I get time later I'll check the history books for when if ever our footballing positions have been this shit in comparison to our nearest and dearest .

And the only way out of this shit is if the ownership helps the football management side of things work , not if me and my 4 sons scream our nuts off like we will be doing at The Valley this season
    The only season in our entire history which has seen us below our neighbours to this degree is the 1972/3 season where palace were in the top flight and got relegated, scum 2nd tier and finished 11th, we were in 3rd tier and finished 11th.

Sad sad times
  • To moan that we are in L1 with Millwall and Palace in higher divisions is superfluous, we have been in similar positions before and the only way out of it is to support the team.

If I get time later I'll check the history books for when if ever our footballing positions have been this shit in comparison to our nearest and dearest .

And the only way out of this shit is if the ownership helps the football management side of things work , not if me and my 4 sons scream our nuts off like we will be doing at The Valley this season
    The only season in our entire history which has seen us below our neighbours to this degree is the 1972/3 season where palace were in the top flight and got relegated, scum 2nd tier and finished 11th, we were in 3rd tier and finished 11th.

Sad sad times
    Unfortunately I remember that season too!

Sad sad times
    Don't talk history, it is not important.

So says squirrel face anyway.

Sad sad times

Does anybody have that quote? I'm intrigued to know the context of her comment
  • Swisdom said:

To moan that we are in L1 with Millwall and Palace in higher divisions is superfluous, we have been in similar positions before and the only way out of it is to support the team.

Sad sad times

Now you're being pedantic.
  • Swisdom said:

To moan that we are in L1 with Millwall and Palace in higher divisions is superfluous, we have been in similar positions before and the only way out of it is to support the team.

Sad sad times

"I should not say it, but I do not care about the history of the club. We need the pampering , but not at any price ."

It was in reference to Meire putting a stop to certain club traditions and heritage.
  • Swisdom said:

Sad sad times

"I should not say it, but I do not care about the history of the club. We need the pampering , but not at any price ."

It was in reference to Meire putting a stop to certain club traditions and heritage.
    I read somewhere that it was actually in response to certain people getting free tea and coffee. That's why I was interested to see the whole quote and it's context

• Swisdom said:

Sad sad times

Boooooooom.

Sad sad times
    Get a grip. They may be in a higher division. They will always be beneath us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Sad sad times

I read somewhere that it was actually in response to certain people getting free tea and coffee. That's why I was interested to see the whole quote and it's context

Meire was taliking about the club providing free tea and coffee. Here it is -

When Meire eliminated free tea and coffee for fans during the competition days, many have found it a real sacrilege.
    I still always get criticism.

" What difference does it make to give us some tea or coffee? " They ask indignant.

Unfortunately it's important! This is where we are likely to achieve our better margins.

"I should not say it, but I do not care about the club's history. We need the pampering, but not at any price."
  • Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Sad sad times

When Meire eliminated free tea and coffee for fans during the competition days, many have found it a real sacrilege.

" What difference does it make to give us some tea or coffee? " They ask indignant.

Unfortunately it's important! This is where we are likely to achieve our better margins.

"I should not say it, but I do not care about the club's history. We need the pampering, but not at any price."
    It's all a matter of interpretation. That final line does not seem to me to be solely aimed at the previous practice on tea and coffee, otherwise she would have said something like "I don't care that we used to offer free tea and coffee.....". It's a much broader statement IMO.

But who knows? Ultimately only Meire will know what she meant and I don't think she is likely to clarify.
  • Davo55 said:

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Sad sad times

It's all a matter of interpretation. That final line does not seem to me to be solely aimed at the previous practice on tea and coffee, otherwise she would have said something like "I don't care that we used to offer free tea and coffee.....". It's a much broader statement IMO.

But who knows? Ultimately only Meire will know what she meant and I don't think she is likely to clarify.
    Roland might clarify it for us in a statement {....}
  • The proof of the pudding is in the vol au vents.
  • Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

It's not bullshit - he's trying to raise the club from the doldrums. He's changed a lot of things. The players are definitely fired up and seem more like the players from the title winning year. Players who want to be here are what I want to see and it's time to move on and support the team. we all want the best for Charlton regardless of the owners so let's go forwards rather than just keep rolling out the same boring and negati

I never understand this 'move on and support the team' mantra. Everyone I know who, like me, has been vociferous in their condemnation of the régime has always supported the team to the fullest.

So it's "Apologists" that are calling the players every name under the sun to the point they don't want to play for us?

Is it Apologists that follow and abuse players on Facebook and Twitter and when they are blocked regard it as a badge of honour

Is it Apologists that hurl objects onto the pitch to disrupt the games?

Is it apologists that systematically victimise Chris and Sue? So what if Sue says something that pissed someone off once - how would you react if you had 2000 people slagging you off every day.

Everyone knows the club has gone backwards - we all see it. We all know it's been a crap journey for a few years. But the protests haven't convinced Roland to sell and neither will they in the immediate future. I've said this many times now but regardless of the ownership I am a Charlton fan. Always have been and always will be. We have a new season ahead and some slivers of positivity on the pitch so why not just support the team and drop all the petty name calling and squabbling amongst fans. Who knows - we might just start to enjoy ourselves once again.

Whatever Sue Parkes is, she is not a victim. She is wholly responsible for the criticism and ridicule she gets. Nobody would pay her the slightest attention if she didn't go out of her way to court it.