Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Karl Robinson in tonight's Evening Standard.

Comments

• Do not give a bollocks what he says as he talks far too much. Just go out and win games. He has a lot to prove as his record as a manager over the past 2 seasons has been crap. Win games that's all you need to do Robinson

This
  • I'm not sure that there is anything Robinson and perhaps even the club can do to win back some fans. The endless negativity and bitter comments are draining. It's really a shame that some people have become almost anti supporters.

I want Duchatelet out as much as anyone but I'm not going to find fault and bile in everything that happens.

I know I fit your post and yes I am bitter and yes it is draining but the club can win me back. Quite easily actually, all the club has to do is put right what has been ruined. I doubt though, the owner who is not a Charlton supporter is willing, able or has the skill to do so.
  • The talk of freedom to do things is definitely showing more this year I think, and a thought has occurred to me...is Roland bored of Charlton? I mean this in a good way, but I get the impression that we're no longer the top of his network clubs anymore like it was for Standard, and he's now being more involved with STTV (they were in contention for European football last season if I remember rightly, more chance of success...). Maybe he's just lost his concentration on us, no longer doing things his way at all and left the club to run properly.

It's a wild and desperate idea I know, but part of me feels confident for this season and it's one of the reasons why

Like Wyclef he'll be Gone by November.
  • Cliche manager
  • Naive is the word that springs to mind. But I'm getting old.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry, @Redrobo, I am struggling here. What good stuff?
  • Swisdom said:

It's not bullshit - he's trying to raise the club from the doldrums. He's changed a lot of things. The players are definitely fired up and seem more like the players from the title winning year. Players who want to be here are what I want to see and it's time to move on and support the team. we all want the best for Charlton regardless of the owners so let's go forwards rather than just keep rolling out the same boring and negati

And why are we in the doldrums?

So we can

a) get behind the team and try to play our part in improving things

b) continue to snipe and dig at the club and any fans who dare to show positivity

c) support someone else

I know which one I'll be doing

• Good for you, mate.Wish it were so simple.
  • He can talk the talk, yet to be convinced he can walk the walk. His insistance on 4-5-1 will be his downfall. With the squad assembled he should be sacked if he fails to make top six, maybe even top two.

Oh, and 'I've only spoken to the owner twice all summer'. You know why Karl? Because he don't give a shit about us.

Why will his insistence on 4-5-1 be his downfall? Not many successful teams in world football still use 4-4-2, most use a 4-3-3/4-5-1 system, or the similar 4-2-3-1 system, like ours, with a few using a 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 formation. Playing a rigid 4-4-2 with 2 banks of static players doesn't work very often in the modern game. You may point to Millwall last season but actually they scraped into the playoffs by the skin of their teeth, and had a great partnership up front in Morison and Gregory, the kind that doesn't come along too often. Millwall also played boring, ugly long ball football and relied on bullying teams and nicking wins to succeed.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2017
    He did little to endear himself to the fans last year, and in a club where the CEO is now perpetually gagged, he is the complete opposite, and can't stop talking.
    But I don't care if he wants to spend his time in front of a mike IF he can get us playing football and winning. While a lot of people seem to have taken a bit too much from the Ipswich win, it's nice to be positive for a change. There have beem very few signings since a lot of us were saying the squad looked thin, but we seem to have some good players AND hopefully looking to sign a couple more. We start saturday, and we can dream of a winning start. If we do start well, lets give KR the support and credit he deserves. The interviews may grate with some, but they are not a reason to complain in themselves, and KR knows he needs the fans onside this season. Lets give him that chance, it's our Club.
  • We are way ahead of where we were this time last year. After all, just before the start of last season, Slade said he needed 6 more players. This year, Robinson said he only needed 4.
  • He can talk the talk, yet to be convinced he can walk the walk. His insistance on 4-5-1 will be his downfall. With the squad assembled he should be sacked if he fails to make top six, maybe even top two.

Oh, and 'I've only spoken to the owner twice all summer'. You know why Karl? Because he don't give a shit about us.

He only come to speak to Duchatelet as his secretary was off that day.
  • edited August 2017

You don't buy a dog and bark yourself. KR's way is possibly a lot cheaper and looking more and more likely to be more successful on the pitch. In those circumstances, as the investor you keep your own input in check and you let them get on with it. He has KM on site to give him updates anyway.

You don't buy a dog and bark yourself. KR's way is possibly a lot cheaper and looking more and more likely to be more successful on the pitch. In those circumstances, as the investor you keep your own input in check and you let them get on with it. He has KM on site to give him updates anyway.

Isn't that exactly what Roland did when he bought the club?...

• Promoted FC Carl Zeiss Jena are now on the same level as us. RD has always shown more interest in them, and they not only need and appreciate his support for their annual losses but they also crave his €26 million to help fund their new stadium. CAFC have proved troublesome and expensive, and with RBG unwilling to endorse The Valley's commercial development we are now out in the cold. FCC held their pre-season training camp in Sint-Truiden, and played STVV in a psf.

I gave this a 'Like' but I'd suggest you do posts like this under your other account, GlassHalfEmpty.
  • I enjoy Robinson's energy and why it may seem to be a lot of bravado at times,I'd rather have that than total negativity. I still don't like the regime, but I'm completely behind Robinson and the team, and with my Rose coloured specs on I'm feeling decidedly positive for the season. As they say over here "viva Karl, viva Charlton"

Mexico? Chile? Cuba? You can just drop teasers like that in your posts and then leave us hanging. We need to know what exotic climes you inhabit.