Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• The talk of freedom to do things is definitely showing more this year I think, and a thought has occurred to me...is Roland bored of Charlton? I mean this in a good way, but I get the impression that we're no longer the top of his network clubs anymore like it was for Standard, and he's now being more involved with STTV (they were in contention for European football last season if I remember rightly, more chance of success...). Maybe he's just lost his concentration on us, no longer doing things his way at all and left the club to run properly.

It's a wild and desperate idea I know, but part of me feels confident for this season and it's one of the reasons why
  • iainment said:

It's all just more bullshit really.

What in the interview did you think was bullshit ?

• Promoted FC Carl Zeiss Jena are now on the same level as us. RD has always shown more interest in them, and they not only need and appreciate his support for their annual losses but they also crave his €26 million to help fund their new stadium. CAFC have proved troublesome and expensive, and with RBG unwilling to endorse The Valley's commercial development we are now out in the cold. FCC held their pre-season training camp in Sint-Truiden, and played STVV in a psf.
  • Good article.
  • I enjoy Robinson's energy and why it may seem to be a lot of bravado at times,I'd rather have that than total negativity. I still don't like the regime, but I'm completely behind Robinson and the team, and with my Rose coloured specs on I'm feeling decidedly positive for the season. As they say over here "viva Karl, viva Charlton"
  • Sponsored links:

• Deja vu, or what a difference a year makes?

At least we can all hope that this summer of change proves a bit more successful...

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/russell-slade-charlton-lacked-leaders-but-now-were-up-for-the-fight-a3310706.html
  • He has obviously been trying to make an effort like most manager's do. I remember reading about Slade and going back to old ideas of eating together and having table cloths!
    If the training works and helps players gel then great. If it all goes wrong then it will be seen as another failure under RD.
  • Plenty of good things said there. It's much easier to like him when it's text rather than audio.
  • He deffo has the clubs' best inteests at heart.
  • iainment said:

The belief in the ownership. The fact he's met the owner only twice. The recent history he ignores.
  • Do not give a bollocks what he says as he talks far too much. Just go out and win games. He has a lot to prove as his record as a manager over the past 2 seasons has been crap. Win games that's all you need to do Robinson
  • Sponsored links:

• iainment said:

iainment said:

The belief in the ownership. The fact he's met the owner only twice. The recent history he ignores.
    Nope, you've lost me.
  • Really like him
  • Promotion or P45 for Robinson, especially with our Belgian owner
  • I feel that RD is now investing to recoup his investment. If Charlton are promoted at the end of this season and the buzz continues into next then the potential could be realised financially. Of course this might be wishful thinking but one has to hold on to ones dreams (1-1 on Saturday).
  • I read this on the way home this afternoon. I thought it's what most managers say, just substitute Charlton for any other teams name. I'm sure I've heard other ex-Charlton mangers mention the Charlton way and other well used cliches.
    Let's see where we are in November and who is the manager then. If we are challenging for promotion and the owner is backing our club with enthusiasm and his wallet I'll believe KR's half page spread.
    I want Robinson to succeed with us and I do like what he says but we are getting close to producing the goods on the field time. God only knows what will happen next if Robinson doesn't get it right now.
  • Fumbluff said:

I'm not going to click it, you can't polish a turd

But you can roll it in glitter
  • To be honest Robinson has always talked a good game, it's time for his results to back up the talking - starting Saturday.
  • Swisdom said:

It's not bullshit - he's trying to raise the club from the doldrums. He's changed a lot of things. The players are definitely fired up and seem more like the players from the title winning year. Players who want to be here are what I want to see and it's time to move on and support the team. we all want the best for Charlton regardless of the owners so let's go forwards rather than just keep rolling out the same boring and negati

And why are we in the doldrums?