Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wimbledon 2017

Comments

• Options
    Would like to see Williams win this. Always find her more enjoyable to watch than her sister. Much more finesse and not so much brute force.

• Options
    Great first set, Muguruza 7-5
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    buckshee said:

Would like to see Williams win this. Always find her more enjoyable to watch than her sister. Much more finesse and not so much brute force.

But you like Fred Perry. - you can't like Venus as well :wink:
  • Options
    Muguruza 5-0 serving for the match!
  • Options
    7-5 6-0, Venus just faded away in the second set, a shame for the contest
  • Options
    That was the worst performance from a set of match linesman/woman I can remember.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Yes as I correctly predicted during the Konta Halep quarter final the winner would lose to Venus but Muguruza would win the tournament. :-)
  • Options
    Didn't expect that from Williams, usually keeps fighting but just seemed to go.
  • Options
    Been supporting Muguruza since she beat Kerber, a worthy champion
  • Options

Great player no doubt, but I just haven't warmed to her. She's very robotic like, Sharapova-esque.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I like Muguruza.

Could be because I fancy her.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Great player no doubt, but I just haven't warmed to her. She's very robotic like, Sharapova-esque.
    She's got more variety than Sharapova, much better at the net
  • Options

Talal said:

She's got more variety than Sharapova, much better at the net
    Sure, it's her demeanour/mannerisms between points I was comparing.
  • Options
    men's doubles went on for over 4 and a half hours with Kubot and Melo winning in the 5th set 13-11 , the roof was closed at 11-11

The women's doubles started at 9.30ish and was finished in less than an hour as
    Makarova and Vesnina won 6-0 6-0

£400k each to the winning pairs
  • Options
    Will we be supporting Heather Watson and Chris Packham or Jamie Murray and Martina Hingis in the all part British Mixed Doubles?
  • Options
    Federer a set and a break up already.
  • Options
    Federer as expected, is pretty much cruising
  • Options
    Cilic looking injured. Can't see him winning this one now. A lot of injuries this Wimbledon. Taking breaks & not playing too many / missing tournaments appears the thing to do.
  • Options
    What a damp squib this is. So disappointing
  • Options
    Out injured, comes back and wins Australian open, takes a rest, comes back and wins Wimbledon. Legend.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To dominate a Wimbledon final like this at his age almost defies belief.
    Incredible athlete
  • Options
    Just want it over and done with so can watch the mixed final
  • Options
    Federer was brilliant, but as a final it was very disappointing. Some weird stuff about the blister though

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tennis/2017/07/16/emotional-marin-cilics-mind-blocked-pain-blister-wimbledon-final/
  • Options
    Glad federer won. The time cilic takes to serve is ridiculous.
  • Options
    Nobody congratulating our Jamie?
  • Options
    Andy still World No 1, but less than 300 points ahead of Rafa now, with Roger closing in as well

Pliskova now women's World No 1 despite not winning any Grand Slams yet and indeed only making 1 final!
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Well done Jamie :smile:
  • Options

Andy still World No 1, but less than 300 points ahead of Rafa now, with Roger closing in as well

Pliskova now women's World No 1 despite not winning any Grand Slams yet and indeed only making 1 final!

And with a lot of points to defend in the second half of the season.
    LenGlover said:

Well done Jamie, and Martina (who was a schoolboy crush of mine).
  • Options

And with a lot of points to defend in the second half of the season.
    LenGlover said:

Well done Jamie, and Martina (who was a schoolboy crush of mine).
    Murray has been lucky to stay No1 for so long really, after a poor 2017. Indeed he's only just in the top 8 players in the world to qualify for the O2 at the moment, with Novak in 7th

http://www.atpworldtour.com/en/rankings/singles-race-to-london