Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wimbledon 2017

Comments

• Options

It's called patriotism. Sport is about passion. Why not get behind a genuine Brit?

When it comes to tennis I'm not patriotic, happy now jock?
  • Options

It's called patriotism. Sport is about passion. Why not get behind a genuine Brit?

So unpatriotic and zenophobic too. Totally clueless and brainless.
  • Options
    not his biggest fan, hes admitted he hoped the scottish referendum resulted in leave and he would rather represent scotland then uk, so no great love lost, but ultimately he does wave the union jack currently so for that reason ill have him to beat the yank all day long.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Looks like the Llama on Capital Radio could have gotten its prediction spot on again... Questions asked were...

Would Andy Murray win (Yes)...
    Would Andy Murray win in Straight Sets (No)... Got that right
    Would Andy Murray win 3-1 (Yes)... Looks possible
  • Options
    How can he win 4-1? he only needs 3.
  • Options

How can he win 4-1? he only needs 3.

Cheers for the spot... Meant three sets to one
  • Options
    2-1 Murray. Would have been a comfortable 3 set victory but for a lack of concentration at the end of both sets.
  • Options

Get a grip, I don't want Murray to win as he's a miserable fella on court. He'd rather represent Scotland than GB, so much for patriotism
  • Options
    Murray is in trouble here I reckon
  • Options

Get a grip, I don't want Murray to win as he's a miserable fella on court. He'd rather represent Scotland than GB, so much for patriotism
    He was born in Scotland can you blame him? - Yet he's happy to put his INDIVIDUAL career on hold whilst he helps GREAT BRITAIN win and compete at a decent level in the Davis Cup?

Still fail to understand the myth that he's a miserable player and has a bad attitude (which is what some people say).

The bloke is successful and he's one of the best Tennis players we've ever had, thats all that matters for me!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

2-1 Murray. Would have been a comfortable 3 set victory but for a lack of concentration at the end of both sets.

And Murray physically isn't looking good. A 5 set match is really not what his body needs
  • Options
    I want Murray to win this but Federer to win overall.

He is not representing Britain, he represents them (brilliantly) in the Davis Cup.

I would also want Palace,Millwall, Tottenham to lose to foreign teams
  • Options
    The jocks getting schooled in this set. Not even trying.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

The jocks getting schooled in this set. Not even trying.

Throw the set away and recover ahead of the 5th... On Murray's form this year he's done well to get to the Quarters of this competition let alone adding his injury to the equation so wouldnt be surprised if this is where it ends for the year.
  • Options
    Anyone but Murray

• Options

Anyone but Murray

Get over it.
  • Options

Anyone but Murray

Was a tongue in cheek comment with Tim Henman said years ago - Havent we all said something stupid in our lifetime which we've later regretted?
  • Options

Anyone but Murray

Was a tongue in cheek comment with Tim Henman said years ago - Havent we all said something stupid in our lifetime which we've later regretted?
    Yeah. I once said 'I do' :smile:

I'm not actually bothered by Murray either way, but I can see why he divides opinion. Plus,his monotone voice is annoying
  • Options
    Querrey is having the game of his life here though!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Murray broken early in the final set... thats him done for the year I think
  • Options

Anyone but Murray

"So you want to want a Charlton Athletic match?"

"Yes"
  • Options

He'll be lucky to win another game this set, I think only his sense of "honour" is keeping him from retiring.
  • Options
    People have spent hundreds possibly thousands to watch this and Murray is sulking around the court like a child. It's embarrassing. If he doesn't buck up its a whitewash.
  • Options

People have spent hundreds possibly thousands to watch this and Murray is sulking around the court like a child. It's embarrassing. If he doesn't buck up its a whitewash.

Not much he can do if he's carrying an injury.
  • Options
    Much better point there. Build on it.
  • Options
    He is clearly injured.
  • Options

He'll be lucky to win another game this set, I think only his sense of "honour" is keeping him from retiring.

He's probably still out there because people have paid hard earned cash to watch a full match...

Both Federer and Djokovic have both played against opposition who have retired early depriving fans of seeing a full match, guess thats part of his terrible attitude many claim he's got. It cant be a whitewash either as he's won two bloody sets!!
  • Options

more fool them, the average wimbledon crowd can afford it, if he is that badly injured give up instead of aggravating more